Page 20 of 77 FirstFirst ... 101617181920212223243070 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by RedBird View Post
    Looks like a full 'official' reveal of the covers plus some extra info from SGM.

Concerned parent, Jason.

Astonishing Member Dark_Tzitzimine's Avatar

Jason looking a bit Grayson-y in that last cover but not bad. I'm definitely down for this series.

I forgot about solicits, nothing very interesting

BATMAN: WHITE KNIGHT PRESENTS: RED HOOD #1
    Written by SEAN MURPHY and CLAY McCORMACK
    Art by SIMONE DI MEO
    Cover by SEAN MURPHY
    Variant cover by OLIVIER COIPEL
    1:25 variant cover by SIMONE DI MEO
    1:50 variant cover by OLIVIER COIPEL
    $4.99 US | 32 pages | 1 of 2 | (All covers card stock)
    ON SALE 7/26/22
    The world of Batman: White Knight continues to expand in this exciting new miniseries! With things heating up in Neo-Gotham, Jason Todd revisits his post-Robin past to find the one ally he believes will help him turn the tide in the battle against Derek Powers.
    "Bruce Wayne is Batman." Four words that saved Jason's life and destroyed his future forever. Banished by his mentor and damaged by The Joker, the former Robin is left to become something different, something stronger, a relentless force for justice in the city…Red Hood! With nobody to answer to, he walks the dangerous line between hero and villain. That is until he meets Gan, a local girl from East Backport who needs his help to save her neighborhood from a super-criminal terrorizing its citizens. And she's willing to fight alongside him, whatever it takes!

FUTURE STATE: GOTHAM #15
    Written by DENNIS CULVER
    Art by GEOFFO
    Cover by SIMONE DI MEO
    Variant cover by MIKE BOWDEN
    3.99 US | 32 pages | Black and White | Variant $4.99 US (card stock)
    ON SALE 7/12/22

"Batmen at War " part three! There's a new Batman in Gotham City and his name is…Dick Grayson? The only problem is, Jace Fox and Bruce Wayne still claim the name and neither is willing to give it up! Now it's all-out war, with Jason Todd and Hunter Panic caught in the middle. Plus: Damian Wayne is back and that's bad news for everyone!

TASK FORCE Z #10
    Written by MATTHEW ROSENBERG
    Art and cover by EDDY BARROWS and EBER FERREIRA
    Variant cover by TRAVIS MERCER
    1:25 variant cover by RYAN BROWN
    $3.99 US | 32 pages | 10 of 12 | Variant $4.99 US (card stock)
    ON SALE 7/26/22

The rise of Powers Industries! Red Hood and what remains of his Task Force Z squad are on the run and investigating the secrets of their former benefactor, Powers Industries. What they discover will change Batman history forever. Meanwhile, inside Powers Industries, Mr. Bloom and Man-Bat are hard at work betraying their teammates with no remorse.

Ah, and there's a one shot focused on Artemis being on the run from all the Amazons and needing all the help she can get. Perfect time for Jason to show so I doubt it will happen.

I'm happy with what we get this summer. Not a bad month for me. I mean, At the start of this year, I was counting with just TFZ to be still ongoing by that point. And then, I expect October to bring a few new series which, with luck, will include a new book for Jason.

I am super conflicted. I don't go over AU titles.

And yet...my outlaws back in webtoons and Jason getting another side kick...

Dangit I'm being reeled in.
    Le Suck it, Dolphin!

-God I am so tired.

SCOTT SUMMERS AND EMMA FROST DESERVED BETTER.

Quote Originally Posted by AJpyro View Post
    I am super conflicted. I don't go over AU titles.

And yet...my outlaws back in webtoons and Jason getting another side kick...

Dangit I'm being reeled in.
    Surprisingly, Jason has been doing pretty well lately.

I really hope this White Knight Red Hood book really delivers. Ever since Stephs tragically short time as Robin, I've had sort of a soft spot for that kind of bright and plucky female sidekick, so I'm really looking forward to seeing this new character and her relationship with Jason.

Quote Originally Posted by Zaresh View Post
    I'm happy with what we get this summer. Not a bad month for me. I mean, At the start of this year, I was counting with just TFZ to be still ongoing by that point. And then, I expect October to bring a few new series which, with luck, will include a new book for Jason.
    I'm just wondering what will happen after Martinbrough's run is finished.

Quote Originally Posted by Dark_Tzitzimine View Post
    Ah, and there's a one shot focused on Artemis being on the run from all the Amazons and needing all the help she can get.
    Ah, she truly is an outlaw.

Perfect time for Jason to show so I doubt it will happen.
    Yup. Classic DC.

Though to add the that, I'm sure the existence of the RHATO Webtoon is proof enough that we won't be seeing a reunion anytime soon. The Webtoons seem to be covering characters and ideas that aren't currently explored in the mainline. Like giving Zatanna and Vixen their own titles, or letting the batfamily be happy.
    Last edited by RedBird; 04-16-2022 at 05:55 PM.

So should i read TFZ?

Or whatever adventure Jason is in?
    Le Suck it, Dolphin!

-God I am so tired.

SCOTT SUMMERS AND EMMA FROST DESERVED BETTER.

So should i read TFZ?

TFZ is different, for sure. One of those "everyone backstabs everyone else" kind of things. Entertaining in its own right, but maybe not for everyone.

Future State Gotham, if you like Manga style art, is great as Jason fans.

Jason in Kill Joker is, different. Not bad, but hard to say where its going.

White Knight, well, grump Jason gets his own Robin. The rest of the story, not sure how that's gonna go.

Personally, I don't like TFZ because is "Jason is an idiot that can't achieve anything" The book. Kill Joker is a far better take on Jason as leader of a Suicide Squad but waiting more than six months for the conclusion is just not worth it. Future State is decent but it has gone for far too long. WK looks really promising as long you don't get hung up on all the changes Murphy is making to the canon.

So should i read TFZ?

It's a fun story with plenty of action and nice looking art. I like it very much. It's not great, but it's fun.
    I like Future State Gotham even more, but I'm looking forward to every new issue of both the same.

Extraordinary Member

WK looks really promising as long you don't get hung up on all the changes Murphy is making to the canon.
    Don't know what I have seen sofar gives me also major "Jason is an idiot that can't achieve anything" vibes.

Future State Gotham is at the moment the closest to a competent, bad ass Jason.

Quote Originally Posted by Aahz View Post
    Don't know what I have seen sofar gives me also major "Jason is an idiot that can't achieve anything" vibes.
    WK Jason was able to actually move forward and turn his trauma into a positive by becoming a warden, hell, he is only back in Gotham because Bruce asked him to return. He had already made his life outside Bruce's shadow and came back because he was willing to put his past behind. That is more than most takes on Jason ever achieved.

Extraordinary Member

WK Jason was able to actually move forward and turn his trauma into a positive by becoming a warden, hell, he is only back in Gotham because Bruce asked him to return. He had already made his life outside Bruce's shadow and came back because he was willing to put his past behind. That is more than most takes on Jason ever achieved.
    In his first major appearance in the Harley Quinn Mini Bruce tricks him to escape from the prison in his Red Hood Uniform and in the second he needs to bet rescued by Bruce from a prison riot.

He may have overcome his trauma better than other versions, but sofar he has not looked particularly competent.