Page 11 of 77 FirstFirst ... 7891011121314152161 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Dark_Tzitzimine View Post
    Something that people always seem to miss is that the cartoon Starfire was always a very different character from her comic version. Only the most basic elements where shared between the versions but comic Starfire was always a character that flaunted her sexuality and didn't think of it as a big deal.
    Indeed. For what it's worth, I still like both versions very much (XD)

Last edited by K7P5V; 02-17-2022 at 09:37 AM. Reason: Made Adjustments.

Although different, animated Starfire does have her own charm. Really, the animated series was quite good.

And I still think the 2nd Red X was Jason. And it is the most prominent theory, and it makes sense too.

Quote Originally Posted by NK1988 View Post
    I haven't read too many Batman stories but my impression from reading posts and reviews from people who have is that The Dark Knight Returns is a particularly brutal Batman. Not to get into the same old talk about Frank Miller's politics but my point is just that his focus on how Batman is at "war" and he and the Robins are "soldiers" was something I took to be peculiar to Millers interpretation.

But that language is all over this comic, too. Jason was a casualty of war. Batman lives on to fight alone. This kind of violent rhetoric sets the same tone as TDKR even in this main continuity comic far away from Miller. Or maybe I'm reading too much into it.
    Miller's take of Batman invaded the main continuity in the 90's and that still carries on until now to some degree. It depends on the writer, mostly.

Astonishing Member Dark_Tzitzimine's Avatar

TASK FORCE Z #8
    Written by MATTHEW ROSENBERG
    Art and cover by EDDY BARROWS and EBER FERREIRA
    Variant cover by DIKE RUAN
    1:25 variant cover by CRYSTAL KUNG
    $3.99 US | 32 pages | Variant $4.99 US (card stock)
    ON SALE 5/24/22
    All-new team! Same old problems! After losing everything, Task Force Z has finally discovered who their real enemy is. Jason and his team are on the run, underpowered, and outgunned. But everyone knew this was really just a Suicide Squad when they signed up, right? One way or another, they are going to finish this. Only one thing stands in their way…but that one thing happens to be the Bat-Family.
    See? Is the same story over and over.

See? Is the same story over and over.
    We will see. We know that these solicitation summaries are all about catching the average reader, not the fans or even the regular readers of the book. So it's always going to go for that the mainstream reader expect from a character. And unfortunately, Jason against the batfam is a headline that catches readers.

I used to be angry about these kind of things but honestly, after what happened with Future State, I couldn't care less. It was the same with Urban Legends, and it both cases it turned out satisfying for me and not really what it looked. it's a more traditional, paper-format way of clickbait.

Quote Originally Posted by Zaresh View Post
    We will see. We know that these solicitation summaries are all about catching the average reader, not the fans or even the regular readers of the book. So it's always going to go for that the mainstream reader expect from a character. And unfortunately, Jason against the batfam is a headline that catches readers.

I used to be angry about these kind of things but honestly, after what happened with Future State, I couldn't care less. It was the same with Urban Legends, and it both cases it turned out satisfying for me and not really what it looked. it's a more traditional, paper-format way of clickbait.
    And that is precisely the problem. This is why Bane is stuck using Venom and coming with ludicrous plans to "Break the bat" instead of the fully developed character that he was in Secret Six or even how Dixon envisioned him.

And that is precisely the problem. This is why Bane is stuck using Venom and coming with ludicrous plans to "Break the bat" instead of the fully developed character that he was in Secret Six or even how Dixon envisioned him.
    Well, I meant in solicits, not in the story itself.

But it is a problem within comics as long as a new writer starts with a new run. This is the nature of corporate comics writen by an army of different creators with certain loose degree of feedom, with no coordination between them, that share a universe, and that aim for a general audience. And they want this audience to start purchasing a new series of a previously existing character, so they're going to repeat a lot of plot points between stories because they don't want to alienate readers. In a few words, the old "write every issue as if it were for a new, casual reader as well". This idea transfers to the whole plot nowadays, I think.

And then, only the changes that reach most of the audience stick and sometimes not even those do for a long time (see Dick or Bruce or Diana. Or Spiderman). We have discussed about this before, and I doubt it's any surprise for long term readers of the big two. We all love development, but in these comics, it's a hard thing to acchieve and requires both luck and recurrence of themes.

It's different for series ouside the big two. But their audience also doesn't expect to have to navigate a ton of published content to know where this given character is now.

Unless you're reading One Peace. Which I don't, because of all those mangas that I need to read to catch up with it xD. Not enough time.
    Last edited by Zaresh; 02-18-2022 at 03:51 PM.

4 chapters out right now, but this fanfic about Jason joining Justice League Dark hits all the right notes. A little bit of fanon, like Jason being a good cook, but also a lot taken from canon.

https://archiveofourown.org/works/27...pters/67560215

Just got into the Titans TV Show and enjoying Jason the most. His actor is charismatic and cheeky. the standout so far.

Quote Originally Posted by dietrich View Post
    Just got into the Titans TV Show and enjoying Jason the most. His actor is charismatic and cheeky. the standout so far.
    Jason up until season 3 is pretty good. Then they butcher everything they possibly could.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CZKtUAEN...3-ea702fb2d055

According to this, McFarlane is re-releasing a DC Direct Red Hood figure, since is tagged as gaming and is paired with Scarecrow and Joker figures, seems like is the Gamestop Exclusive Red Hood.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post
    4 chapters out right now, but this fanfic about Jason joining Justice League Dark hits all the right notes. A little bit of fanon, like Jason being a good cook, but also a lot taken from canon.

https://archiveofourown.org/works/27...pters/67560215
    Hm...Reading it.

My usual hang ups are distracting me:

-Two Bat characters on a title(Zatanna doesn't count)
    -

Other than that, I do feel like Jason is the Supernatural Member thanks to dying. Damien is more world traveling mystic warrior. I don't think I can explain it well but Jason hanging with the Shadow Pact sounds about right.
    Le Suck it, Dolphin!

-God I am so tired.

SCOTT SUMMERS AND EMMA FROST DESERVED BETTER.

Extraordinary Member

Honestly I really want to see a moment like this one at the final showdown of actual story for years.

Jason got some spotlight in the latest Wayne Family adventures. Obviously fanon was used primarily, but not in a bad way.