Page 14 of 77 FirstFirst ... 41011121314151617182464 ... LastLast

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Badou View Post
    The main thing about the Jason/Rose thing is maybe it will keep writers from writing Jason as too old. As Rose is around 18 still. Dick is supposed to be a good bit older than Jason but sometimes writers write them like they are very close in age which I was never a big fan of. Jason should be closer to Tim's age than Dick's.
    Not sure if that will really have that effect, Rose is iirc also a char where the age is kind of ambiguos.

Quote Originally Posted by Aahz View Post
    Not sure if that will really have that effect, Rose is iirc also a char where the age is kind of ambiguos.
    She's starting to get to YJ level of being generically young, although I think she's actually older than those characters at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    She's starting to get to YJ level of being generically young, although I think she's actually older than those characters at this point.
    Not only the YJ members. How old's Gar currently? Him and Rachel seem to be stuck in ther teens. And they're longtime titans.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Zaresh View Post
    Not only the YJ members. How old's Gar currently? Him and Rachel seem to be stuck in ther teens. And they're longtime titans.
    they are adults now

Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    they are adults now
    For now...

For now...
    Hey, maybe it sticks.
    There's hope.

Extraordinary Member

She seems at least to be older than the JY4 since flashpoint, with beeing tzhe same age as them pre flashpoint.

Quote Originally Posted by Zaresh View Post
    Hey, maybe it sticks.
    There's hope.
    I kind of doubt it those two got down ages so often, I mean the YA OGN Series and the Animated Movies made them even Damains age.
    And originally Raven was about the same age as Dick and Gar was iirc 3 or 4 years older than Jason...
    Last edited by Aahz; 03-14-2022 at 12:01 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Aahz View Post
    I kind of doubt it those two got down ages so often, I mean the YA OGN Series and the Animated Movies made them even Damains age.
    And originally Raven was about the same age as Dick and Gar was iirc 3 or 4 years older than Jason...
    Somehow they made DamiRae a thing.

Yeah. Never cared for it. But holy crap did fanfic writers go to town on it. Still are, really.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post
    Yeah. Never cared for it. But holy crap did fanfic writers go to town on it. Still are, really.
    Not just fanfic writers. The fans love that relationship. In an interview Tucker revealed that damiRae is the most popular pairing in that universe. Beating out more iconic pairings like Clarkxlois, Batcat, Dickkory and WonderCat.

Their DCAMU relationship was handled very well in that world.
    Only in that world though and it's easy to see why.
    Casual viewers have zero bias and zero comic knowledge meaning they were able to consider the relationship with an open mind and fall in love with the pairing.

It wouldn't work in the comics though and i'm happy they didn't attempt it in the comics. I feared they might do since they had raven dating Wallace who is Damian's agemate in Rebirth.

The comics made Wallace and Raven a thing as well. That wasn't even an else world or anything. That's something that happened in the current continuity.
    Last edited by Fergus; 03-14-2022 at 09:43 AM.

Astonishing Member Dark_Tzitzimine's Avatar

Martinbrough's tweets and likes related to Jason are making me really curious about what he has in store.

https://twitter.com/smartinbrough/st...85846161354760
    https://twitter.com/smartinbrough/st...86763473801222

Quote Originally Posted by Fergus View Post
    The comics made Wallace and Raven a thing as well. That wasn't even an else world or anything. That's something that happened in the current continuity.
    Thankfully, it didn't last long and didn't really go anywhere.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dark_Tzitzimine View Post
    Martinbrough's tweets and likes related to Jason are making me really curious about what he has in store.

https://twitter.com/smartinbrough/st...85846161354760
    https://twitter.com/smartinbrough/st...86763473801222
    Interesting. Though, I can imagine certain people will blow a gasket with the Mortal Kombat costume back in that.

Astonishing Member Dark_Tzitzimine's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post
    Thankfully, it didn't last long and didn't really go anywhere.

Interesting. Though, I can imagine certain people will blow a gasket with the Mortal Kombat costume back in that.
    I don't think he's bringing the MK costume but rather, simply using crops from his two issues to imply/show he's following those plotlines. Furthermore, he likes tweets mentioning the Rebirth costume and asking to rid of the crowbars.