Page 16 of 77 FirstFirst ... 61213141516171819202666 ... LastLast

Task Force Z #6 was fun. It was fast paced, it was comical in a bizarre way, and it delivered the final pieces of plot for the story background. I guess what's next is the resolution, that probably will last for the remaining 6 issues. I wrote a larger comment about this issue in its thread. @Aahz was right, commenting about how Jason keeps being punched and thrown around like a ragdoll instead of the skilled fighter he is. But on the other hand, Jason's quite inspirational here, calling out Bruce in his b*sh*t and leading what remains of the team through the next step in their survival / trial time.

I also want to recommend you guys the backup story in Detective Comics. Not because it's an outstanding story (it's just alright), but House of Gotham really took for his main character a lot of the themes that are involved in Jason's own story. This last issue is going to remind you strongly of Under the Hood. But it's a very sad story from the start, keep that in mind.
    Last edited by Zaresh; 03-22-2022 at 05:28 PM.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Zaresh View Post
    I also want to recommend you guys the backup story in Detective Comics. Not because it's an outstanding story (it's just alright), but House of Gotham really took for his main character a lot of the themes that are involved in Jason's own story. This last issue is going to remind you strongly of Under the Hood. But it's a very sad story from the start, keep that in mind.
    What I found wired with thisstory is the time line, the one kid said that he was in Ma Gun's Crime School with Jason before ending up at the Wayne orphanage with the main protagonist, but the part of story with the Wayne orphanage is clearly set relatively early in Dicks time as Robin, so way before Jason was at Ma Gun's Crime School.

It is also wired that guy how seems to be around the age of Jason looks suddenly like he is at least in his 30s at the end of the story.

It's not the only time the timeframe is kinda confusing. But with how the timeline is now a mess everywhere, I stopped trying to fit and set it, much like I don't do it for Marvel anymore. If they don't care, I don't either :/.

Colored cover for the White Knight Red Hood spin off

Also here's an extra sneak peak at interior art from Murphy
    https://www.instagram.com/p/CbclZozrdD2/

and a sneak peak at a variant cover by Olivier Coipel
    https://www.instagram.com/p/CbcmHxJLK-V/

Also the latest free episode of BWFA webtoon released, and it's a cute/fun little episode with Jason and Damian.
    https://www.webtoons.com/en/slice-of...&episode_no=31

EDITED: Additional information for White Knight: Red Hood, it will be written by Clay McCormack and Sean Murphy, and it will be illustrated by Simone Di Meo, the artist doing all the main covers for Future State : Gotham.

Apparently their spin on Jason is taking inspiration from Johnny Lawrence from Cobra Kai.
    Last edited by RedBird; 03-24-2022 at 12:33 AM.

see beauty in all things. charliehustle415's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RedBird View Post

Also the latest free episode of BWFA webtoon released, and it's a cute/fun little episode with Jason and Damian.
    whoa, didn't know where would be a spin off title for Beyond The White Knight - color me surprised

Quote Originally Posted by charliehustle415 View Post
    whoa, didn't know where would be a spin off title for Beyond The White Knight - color me surprised
    It's just a two issue spin off that apparently is going to be released after issue 4 of Beyond the White Knight, so, it may just be announced in the July and August Solicitations.

see beauty in all things. charliehustle415's Avatar

It's just a two issue spin off that apparently is going to be released after issue 4 of Beyond the White Knight, so, it may just be announced in the July and August Solicitations.
    ohh cool, thanks for the info

Strangely, I haven't seen the artist actually post it yet, but here's the David Talaski Variant for Robins #6

Kind of reminds me of the BWFA workout episode where the boys all compete.

I'm glad that someone posted the latest Wayne Family Adventures. Let's just say Damian Failed his task successfully.

EDITED: Additional information for White Knight: Red Hood, it will be written by Clay McCormack and Sean Murphy, and it will be illustrated by Simone Di Meo, the artist doing all the main covers for Future State : Gotham.

Apparently their spin on Jason is taking inspiration from Johnny Lawrence from Cobra Kai.
    That looks as beautifull as expected.
    Last edited by Zaresh; 03-24-2022 at 02:42 AM.

Strangely, I haven't seen the artist actually post it yet, but here's the David Talaski Variant for Robins #6

Kind of reminds me of the BWFA workout episode where the boys all compete.
    Jason gets to win once again the hot award in my eyes. And Steph wins the coolest / prettiest.
    These covers are such a blatant eye candy. They don't shy away from it at all.

Jason gets to win once again the hot award in my eyes. And Steph wins the coolest / prettiest.
    Hey if it gets eyes on these characters and keeps fans spending then it's all good. Fan service isn't necessarily a bad thing. Eye candy has always been a selling point in comics.

Incredible Member

Jason seems so annoyed by Dick here that it kind of makes him just look angry.
    And Dick looks like he's about a decade younger in this cover compared to his Nightwing 92 Talaski cover. I wonder if it's on purpose.

Quote Originally Posted by dietrich View Post
    Hey if it gets eyes on these characters and keeps fans spending then it's all good. Fan service isn't necessarily a bad thing. Eye candy has always been a selling point in comics.
    Wasn't implying it was a bad thing . I was just surprised by it.

Quote Originally Posted by Lal View Post
    Jason seems so annoyed by Dick here that it kind of makes him just look angry.
    And Dick looks like he's about a decade younger in this cover compared to his Nightwing 92 Talaski cover. I wonder if it's on purpose.
    Jason definitely looks pissed by Dick. I think Dick's just copying him and teasing him there.
    It feels like it is indeed inspired by that Wayne Family strip back then.

Incredible Member

Wasn't implying it was a bad thing . I was just surprised by it.

Jason definitely looks pissed by Dick. I think Dick's just copying him and teasing him there.
    It feels like it is indeed inspired by that Wayne Family strip back then.
    Dick seems to be doing the same exercise as Jason, just more smoothly (including pointing his toes) so it could be what annoyed Jason here. It does seems very WFA inspired, also in the sense that the Robins actually look like they are interacting and having fun.