Page 17 of 77 FirstFirst ... 71314151617181920212767 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Lal View Post
    Dick seems to be doing the same exercise as Jason, just more smoothly (including pointing his toes) so it could be what annoyed Jason here. It does seems very WFA inspired, also in the sense that the Robins actually look like they are interacting and having fun.
    Hmmm... It could be that too, yeep.

Extraordinary Member

Does anybody know Jason is going to have a bigger role in "Beyond the White Knight" or only in his Red Hood Spin Off?

Quote Originally Posted by Aahz View Post
    Does anybody know Jason is going to have a bigger role in "Beyond the White Knight" or only in his Red Hood Spin Off?
    He's in the cover for the main series, and he's going to be helping Bruce. My guess is that he's going to be there as a regular support character as much as Dick (who's on the other side of Terry's figure).

Astonishing Member Dark_Tzitzimine's Avatar

When Murphy was working on the Harley spinoff, he said that Jason would only be a cameo there and that he would be a major focus of the then-in the works third part of the saga. Hopefully that didn't change since.

Quote Originally Posted by Dark_Tzitzimine View Post
    When Murphy was working on the Harley spinoff, he said that Jason would only be a cameo there and that he would be a major focus of the then-in the works third part of the saga. Hopefully that didn't change since.
    I may be very wrong in the end, but one doesn't put a cameo character (one who's not Batman, I mean) in a cover, if you are not going to show him in there for a few pages at least. More so when you put him beside the main character of your story, and he's opposing other character like Dick, who probably will have a relatively important role. Jason is marketable, but not to that point, I think.

Stories change when you're still writing them if you see potential in certain elements. I don't think he will be more important than, say, Bruce or any other of Terry's friends. But I think he's going to have a similar role than Barbara has in the original series.

Extraordinary Member

But he is only on a single cover and afaik not mentioned in any solits sofar, that's why I was asking.

Quote Originally Posted by Zaresh View Post
    I may be very wrong in the end, but one doesn't put a cameo character (one who's not Batman, I mean) in a cover, if you are not going to show him in there for a few pages at least. More so when you put him beside the main character of your story, and he's opposing other character like Dick, who probably will have a relatively important role. Jason is marketable, but not to that point, I think.

Stories change when you're still writing them if you see potential in certain elements. I don't think he will be more important than, say, Bruce or any other of Terry's friends. But I think he's going to have a similar role than Barbara has in the original series.
    I mean, that was exactly what happened to Jason in WK: Harley Quinn
    Last edited by Dark_Tzitzimine; 03-28-2022 at 10:02 AM.

I mean, that was exactly what happened to Jason in WK: Harley Quinn
    Oh. I misunderstood you. I thought you were talking about this one.

Extraordinary Member

Isn't it a little odd that Task Force Z doesn't do at least some kind of tie-in to Shadow War?

I mean Lazarus Resin stuff is kind of connected to what is going on with the league in some way, and there is also the connection between Jason and Rose Williamson was hinting at in Robin.

Isn't it a little odd that Task Force Z doesn't do at least some kind of tie-in to Shadow War?

I mean Lazarus Resin stuff is kind of connected to what is going on with the league in some way, and there is also the connection between Jason and Rose Williamson was hinting at in Robin.
    Hmmm, it's weird it's not connected to Robin too. But I guess it's what the writer chose in the end. I can guess it did have some ties or was connected to other books when it was still going to be a regular ongoing instead of a limited one. I wish we had more interviews that could give us more bits about TFZ :/.

Extraordinary Member

Same actually goes the "War for Earth 3", I mean shouldn't what is going on with Task Force X some connection to Task Force Z?

Might be of course come down to being a limited series.

Incredible Member

I wonder if there could be more planned for the Lazarus Resin down the line. Beyond Task Force Z and Robin, it was also referenced in the Urban Legends Azrael story. Maybe the Bat-office has a long term plan for it, and that's why we've seen them seeding it around?

TFZ in general is getting ignored everywhere, down to Jason being back on the MK suit instead of the toy armor on his recent appearances in other books like the upcoming Dark Crisis.

And speaking of other appearances,spoilers:
    Jason already got killed on DC VS Vampires after doing a futile attempt to defeat the Vampire King, who turned out, it is Dick.
    end of spoilers

Beyond White Knight came out and the first issue is just a setup but it does flesh out Jason's background a bit, I think Murphy is doing a relatively good job with Jason. I for one, I'm interested in seeing where is he going with this.

TFZ in general is getting ignored everywhere, down to Jason being back on the MK suit instead of the toy armor on his recent appearances in other books like the upcoming Dark Crisis.

And speaking of other appearances,spoilers:
    Jason already got killed on DC VS Vampires after doing a futile attempt to defeat the Vampire King, who turned out, it is Dick.
    end of spoilers

Beyond White Knight came out and the first issue is just a setup but it does flesh out Jason's background a bit, I think Murphy is doing a relatively good job with Jason. I for one, I'm interested in seeing where is he going with this.
    spoilers:
    Huh. Looks like Harley's daughter will be Jason's Robin, of all things.
    Sounds VERY interesting.
    end of spoilers

Extraordinary Member

spoilers:
    end of spoilers

spoilers:
    It was at least a pretty cool fight scene

Of course with All Blades he would have won
    end of spoilers