Page 3 of 77 FirstFirst 12345671353 ... LastLast

Small rant, partially on topic, I guess.

Geez, I feel so dissappointed on the DC Comics subreddit so much nowadays. It's almost as bad as /co/ at this point (sometimes, it genuinelly feels* worse). And that's to say something. Today I posted my enthuaiastic, polite (I hope), average review about FS:G 9. No one should've voted for it up or down, it's a review by some random user no one cares about (by me). There's no overly negative or possitive criticism in those words. Yet I end with, at least, two downvotes now that I'm avare of: it's voted -1 even with my default own vote. Yet trolling and straight classic shitposting is upvoted, encouraged and prop. What a fall has had that place. It really disscourages actual discusion. I guess I still have some place to talk about these comics here, but it's starting to become some sort of a quest finding places for chilling, meaningful, enjoyable discussion. I'm going to stop going that place once again, seeing that it's not the place it used to be when I subscribed to it.
    Last edited by Zaresh; 01-11-2022 at 10:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zaresh View Post

Geez, I feel so dissappointed on the DC Comics subreddit so much nowadays. It's almost as bad as /co/ at this point (sometimes, it genuinelly fells worse). And that's to say something. Today I posted my enthuaiastic, polite (I hope), average review about FS:G 9. No one should've voted for it up or down, it's a review by some random user no one cares about (by me). There's no overly negative or possitive criticism in those words. Yet I end with, at least, two downvotes now that I'm avare of: it's voted -1 even with my default own vote. Yet trolling and straight classic shitposting is upvoted, encouraged and prop. What a fall has had that place. It really disscourages actual discusion. I guess I still have some place to talk about these comics here, but it's starting to become some sort of a quest finding places for chilling, meaningful, enjoyable discussion. I'm going to stop going that place once again, seeing that it's not the place it used to be when I subscribed to it.
    I honestly only use Reddit to post memes on a sports forum I frequent. So, yeah. That's how I avoid that kind of stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post
    I honestly only use Reddit to post memes on a sports forum I frequent. So, yeah. That's how I avoid that kind of stuff.
    You're cleadly wiser than me. It's a pitty, I don't have friends here at home to regularly talk to about the comics I like (I have friends, but they're not into comics, or not into comics I like). And I love to discuss stuff. Loosing yet another place where I could discuss stuff I like is going to hurt.

You're cleadly wiser than me. It's a pitty, I don't have friends here at home to regularly talk to about the comics I like (I have friends, but they're not into comics, or not into comics I like). And I love to discuss stuff. Loosing yet another place where I could discuss stuff I like is going to hurt.
    Well, this is one place at least.

Astonishing Member Dark_Tzitzimine's Avatar

I only skimmed through FS because I just can't be bothered anymore with it. But I must say is both absurd and off-putting that seemingly they can't have an issue without mentioning either in the dialogue or the art that Joker beat Jason to death with a crowbar. and people complained whenever Lobdell mentioned in the dialogue every five issues.

Geez, I feel so dissappointed on the DC Comics subreddit so much nowadays. It's almost as bad as /co/ at this point (sometimes, it genuinelly feels* worse). And that's to say something. Today I posted my enthuaiastic, polite (I hope), average review about FS:G 9. No one should've voted for it up or down, it's a review by some random user no one cares about (by me). There's no overly negative or possitive criticism in those words. Yet I end with, at least, two downvotes now that I'm avare of: it's voted -1 even with my default own vote. Yet trolling and straight classic shitposting is upvoted, encouraged and prop. What a fall has had that place. It really disscourages actual discusion. I guess I still have some place to talk about these comics here, but it's starting to become some sort of a quest finding places for chilling, meaningful, enjoyable discussion. I'm going to stop going that place once again, seeing that it's not the place it used to be when I subscribed to it.

I've never understood the need to down vote a personal opinion. Maybe the age range of reddit users is getting younger but I've noticed it as well.

it's just mean spirited and uncalled for. Don't let it get to you.

Quote Originally Posted by dietrich View Post
    I've never understood the need to down vote a personal opinion. Maybe the age range of reddit users is getting younger but I've noticed it as well.

it's just mean spirited and uncalled for. Don't let it get to you.
    Thank you for your encouraging support. And cheers to you guys too. I guess I'll still lurk there every odd day. I'll keep supporting quality, helpfull or enthusiastic posts as I used to do years ago, and downvote shitposting and hatespeech. I confess I was starting to repeat that intolerant way of engaging and rating content out of spite towards certain users that seem to enjoy provoking and make fun of stuff. And that's not good. Not good at all. Everyone has the right to have their opinions, even if you don't like them a bit, as far as they don't encourage violence, hate or discrimination towards other people.

Thank you for your encouraging support. And cheers to you guys too. I guess I'll still lurk there every odd day. I'll keep supporting quality, helpfull or enthusiastic posts as I used to do years ago, and downvote shitposting and hatespeech. I confess I was starting to repeat that intolerant way of engaging and rating content out of spite towards certain users that seem to enjoy provoking and make fun of stuff. And that's not good. Not good at all. Everyone has the right to have their opinions, even if you don't like them a bit, as far as they don't encourage violence, hate or discrimination towards other people.
    The shortage of online forums where comics can be discussed forces one to use the few there are.

I lurk on Reddit but don't have a membership [because i'm overly paranoid about identity theft]

this is the only Forum i active engage in

Quote Originally Posted by dietrich View Post
    The shortage of online forums where comics can be discussed forces one to use the few there are.

I lurk on Reddit but don't have a membership [because i'm overly paranoid about identity theft]

this is the only Forum i active engage in
    Oh, ok then .
    Last edited by Zaresh; 01-12-2022 at 02:09 PM.

Haven't read FS yet because, while I'm enjoying it, the schedule is so sparse that I kinda want to reread the previous ones and I can't be arsed to do that right now.

On the topic of art, Milonogiannis is a fantastic artist and I really love how stylized his characters are and how "crunchy" everything feels. However, FS's art is very sketch-ish, which can make for very cool and interesting imagery, but in this case (at least regarding the environments) it's a tad too much.

But yeah. I really love Jason here, both the suited up design and his regular one. One of my favourite looks for him (face, hair, clothing) along with, of course, Soy's.

Quote Originally Posted by CorDaytona View Post
    Haven't read FS yet because, while I'm enjoying it, the schedule is so sparse that I kinda want to reread the previous ones and I can't be arsed to do that right now.

On the topic of art, Milonogiannis is a fantastic artist and I really love how stylized his characters are and how "crunchy" everything feels. However, FS's art is very sketch-ish, which can make for very cool and interesting imagery, but in this case (at least regarding the environments) it's a tad too much.

But yeah. I really love Jason here, both the suited up design and his regular one. One of my favourite looks for him (face, hair, clothing) along with, of course, Soy's.
    The art, overall for FS Gotham, can be hit or miss, but the story for Jason is actually pretty good.

The art, overall for FS Gotham, can be hit or miss, but the story for Jason is actually pretty good.
    Yep. I like his voice a lot here.

Extraordinary Member

The Future State art is not my cup of tea, especially the faces look odd for me.

Yep. I like his voice a lot here.
    Yeah, even if I did enjoy those two backup issues during the FS months, the actual series surprised me, I wasn't expecting to like it this much. And indeed, Jason has been great here so far. I like his overall attitude and his standing in this dystopian Gotham. Really cool premise and position within the Batfamily and the city as a whole.

Quote Originally Posted by Aahz View Post
    The Future State art is not my cup of tea, especially the faces look odd for me.
    Different strokes, but I totally see what you mean: at times there's a lack of... polish. It's deliberate I think, but I feel it's not quite working sometimes, because, once more, I think the artist is quite great.

But yeah, I generally like how stylized and almost old school manga-ish characters can look. Also, **** it, I like white streak Jason, be it silly/unnecesary or not, and I think it works quite well here (and I guess it can be chalked up to aging):
    jace-fox-batman-jason-todd-red-hood-future-state-gotham-6.jpg
    Last edited by CorDaytona; 01-12-2022 at 04:18 PM.

Yeah, even if I did enjoy those two backup issues during the FS months, the actual series surprised me, I wasn't expecting to like it this much. And indeed, Jason has been great here so far. I like his overall attitude and his standing in this dystopian Gotham. Really cool premise and position within the Batfamily and the city as a whole.

Different strokes, but I totally see what you mean: at times there's a lack of... polish. It's deliberate I think, but I feel it's not quite working sometimes, because, once more, I think the artist is quite great.

But yeah, I generally like how stylized and almost old school manga-ish characters can look. Also, **** it, I like white streak Jason, be it silly/unnecesary or not, and I think it works quite well here (and I guess it can be chalked up to aging):
    jace-fox-batman-jason-todd-red-hood-future-state-gotham-6.jpg
    I think the same. It's sketch-ish and unpolished on purpose. And the last issue has a few examples of really, hum, trippy usage of freehand artwork that's meant to feel that way (even if it may not work fine in the end). But I also suspect there's a bit of the artist trying to work the tools that traditional manga uses and to get used to them. I noticed how he uses screentones now and how he used then at the start of the run: it looks better and a lot unlike how traditional western comic uses screentones. Reminds me of some weekly shounen manga I used to read 15 years ago, or even manga from before, from the 90's. It feels kinda old. Chara and mech designs remind me more of the 80's.
    Last edited by Zaresh; 01-12-2022 at 04:45 PM.