Page 32 of 77 FirstFirst ... 2228293031323334353642 ... LastLast

Task Force Z is ending in September and Jason is no longer the MC of Future State Gotham, if Martinbroughs book isn't announced for October, there'll be (almost) no more Jason content for while.
    That said, I'm more so curious if there's any major plans for Jason after that series, given that it is only going to be 6 issues.

Well, I suppose there's also the upcoming Rhato Webtoon. Hopefully that will help tide us over in the coming months.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post
    I enjoyed it. spoilers:
    And think Jason knew from the beginning Damian had put it in the fridge.
    end of spoilers
    I thought he was just as surprised and amused by the accusations, but to be fair watching chaos unfold does seem like his cup of tea XD

Does anyone know if Solicitations are dropping tomorrow or next week?

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by RedBird View Post
    Heads up, Jason makes a cameo in this weeks free episode of BWFA, in a fun and silly 'detective' story.
    Kind of wondering if Damian knows about Jason and Alfred the Cat

Quote Originally Posted by RedBird View Post
    Does anyone know if Solicitations are dropping tomorrow or next week?
    No idea, sorry.
    New job keeps me a bit disconnected from any comic news lately. I can't find time to even read outside the weekends, even.

Astonishing Member Dark_Tzitzimine's Avatar

I hope DC finally got the memo and finally brought back the Rebirth costume for good.

Solicits dropped

FUTURE STATE: GOTHAM #17
    Written by DENNIS CULVER
    Art by GEOFFO
    Cover by SIMONE DI MEO
    Variant cover by CHOKOO!
    3.99 US | 32 pages | Black and White | Variant $4.99 US (card stock)
    ON SALE 9/13/22
    It's Bruce Wayne versus Jace Fox versus Dick Grayson vs. Damian Wayne versus Hush for the right to call themselves Batman! While Jason Todd and Hunter Panic face off against Oracle and Talia! And whoever wins must face the return of a sinister evil that wants to destroy all of Gotham City! Don't expect everyone to survive this!

TASK FORCE Z #12
    Written by MATTHEW ROSENBERG
    Art and cover by EDDY BARROWS and EBER FERREIRA
    Variant cover by JIM CHEUNG
    1:25 variant cover by TRAVIS MERCER
    Hispanic Heritage Month variant cover by CHRIS BATISTA
    $3.99 US | 32 pages | 12 of 12 | Variant $4.99 US (card stock)
    ON SALE 9/27/22
    Jason Todd's final second chance. Red Hood and what remains of Task Force Z have seen the true horrors that Powers International has released upon Gotham City and the world. When he shares all of this with Batman, it will lead them to their worst confrontation yet and lead Jason Todd to change his direction in the DCU. What's the point of forgiveness when the world is so broken? Find out in this epic series conclusion!

To be honest, I don't like the sound of TFZ #12 solicit nor its main cover, at all. Is just the exact same trite dance of "OH no, Jason has broken from the Batfamlily, AGAIN" that we've had every other year since the N52 ended. It won't stick and Jason will be back in time for the next crossover so why lose everyone's time for the nth time? The variant cover with all the different costumes of Jason is effing awesome though. I love his Robin costume is Rocafort's again and he's wielding one All-Blade in his Rebirth/N52 version.

Quote Originally Posted by Dark_Tzitzimine View Post
    Solicits dropped

To be honest, I don't like the sound of TFZ #12 solicit nor its main cover, at all. Is just the exact same trite dance of "OH no, Jason has broken from the Batfamlily, AGAIN" that we've had every other year since the N52 ended. It won't stick and Jason will be back in time for the next crossover so why lose everyone's time for the nth time? The variant cover with all the different costumes of Jason is effing awesome though. I love his Robin costume is Rocafort's again and he's wielding one All-Blade in his Rebirth/N52 version.
    I think it's actually not going to go that way. Looking at the place Bruce is before the event that makes him MIA for a while, and the place Jason's going to be, I actually think they're going to go a third route. With Jason taking care of Gotham instead of Bruce, Dick or Damian, while everyone else is somewhere else doing their stuff. So alone and kind of by himself, but no entirely isolated. Which is what many readers want, I guess. And probably that's how we end with Martinborought's mini following on his last short story in RHATO.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Zaresh View Post
    I think it's actually not going to go that way. Looking at the place Bruce is before the event that makes him MIA for a while, and the place Jason's going to be, I actually think they're going to go a third route. With Jason taking care of Gotham instead of Bruce, Dick or Damian, while everyone else is somewhere else doing their stuff. So alone and kind of by himself, but no entirely isolated. Which is what many readers want, I guess. And probably that's how we end with Martinborought's mini following on his last short story in RHATO.
    It doesn't seem like the Crisis event is going to affect the main bat-line. Zadarsky already confirmed that he has plans for the long run, and that his books will affect other bat books. So as long as the main bat title is there, I don't see Jason becoming the next Gotham protector.
    It's noteworthy that even if Bruce will be MIA and his absence explored, I doubt we'll see Jason replacing him as the main protector of Gotham. It will probably be a joint effort of the Robins and the Batgirls. So far we've seen both Dick and Steph protecting Gotham in Dark Crisis tie-ins when Bruce is presumed dead.

Yeah, doesn't seem that Dark Crisis will actually have an impact on the regular series, and the main title already spoiled that Bruce and Tim will be running around on Gotham so.

But seriously, I'm going to be PISSED if we lost a freaking year just to get back at the starting point of "Jason split from the Batfamily"

Extraordinary Member

Kind of wondering if FUTURE STATE: GOTHAM is going to continue after the current arc or if #18 will be the final issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Aahz View Post
    Kind of wondering if FUTURE STATE: GOTHAM is going to continue after the current arc or if #18 will be the final issue.
    I had the same thoughts, especially with the way this whole arc has played out, featuring the return of Bruce, and the 'clash of the batmen' thing, it feels like it's trying to build to some big finale.

Well, let's wait and see. By September we will know for sure about both things.

Jason doing his best Spiderman impression on the 1:50 cover for World's Finest #7