Page 39 of 77 FirstFirst ... 2935363738394041424349 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Aahz View Post
    But in continuity the trigger was usually something like Fear Toxin.

I mean in UtRH/Lost Days he was even able to catch the Joker without getting triggered.
    I think, as far as I can remember now, the thing that usually triggers DCU Jason is being stuck in the dark. And certain things related to his parents, too.

Astonishing Member Dark_Tzitzimine's Avatar

In the main continuity, the only time his PTSD about Joker was triggered was when he got stuck on Qurac again since that is where his death took place.

Quote Originally Posted by CorDaytona View Post
    Jim Lee.

As far as I'm concerned, his Red Hood/Hush is the best Jason's ever looked (beyond Soy's Rebirth design). Love the coat and especially the outfit underneath.
    IMHO, Jim Lee nailed it! Too bad the whole thing turned out to be a total fake-out in the end, though...

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Dexter Soy and Starbite (WFA) are my top Jason artists, then Jeremy Haun (Lost Days), Jason Fabok, Meghan Hetrick (Batman Eternal #28), and Rocafort. Jim Lee draws him too old. For tall and bulky Jason I prefer Fabok.

Quote Originally Posted by Restingvoice View Post
    Dexter Soy and Starbite (WFA) are my top Jason artists, then Jeremy Haun (Lost Days), Jason Fabok, Meghan Hetrick (Batman Eternal #28), and Rocafort. Jim Lee draws him too old. For tall and bulky Jason I prefer Fabok.
    Same here. And I do think Fabok still looks too old for his actual age in that story. But he looks younger than Lee's and that's enough.

Quote Originally Posted by Restingvoice View Post
    Hmmm. Yeah, that's an interesting point about Jim Lee. But I still like it, along with Rocafort

The Jim Lee version is too grown-up, yeah, but it's still definitely my favourite design along with Soy's. I'd love it if he got back to that oldschool villain-like outfit, coat or not, sometime in the future, but I know that's not happening.

The Fabok design is so fucking good too. The Robin imagery in the getup is too on the nose perhaps, but it's still a really sleek look and he nailed his mask, face and hair. Also wouldn't mind for a modified Three Jokers design to become his default for a while, black jackets suit him.

As for Rocafort's, it's a fantastic look, if a bit too skinny for my taste. Shame about the awful helmet. Lately, I've come to really love Giannis Milonogiannis' Jason.

Rocafort and Dexter are tied as the best Jason artists for me, with Rocafort getting a slight edge by being one of the few artists that actually drew Jason as 19~21 years old. Fabok and Jim Lee draw him way too old and both have a terminal case of same face.

Quote Originally Posted by CorDaytona View Post
    The Jim Lee version is too grown-up, yeah, but it's still definitely my favourite design along with Soy's. I'd love it if he got back to that oldschool villain-like outfit, coat or not, sometime in the future, but I know that's not happening.

The Fabok design is so fucking good too. The Robin imagery in the getup is too on the nose perhaps, but it's still a really sleek look and he nailed his mask, face and hair. Also wouldn't mind for a modified Three Jokers design to become his default for a while, black jackets suit him.

As for Rocafort's, it's a fantastic look, if a bit too skinny for my taste. Shame about the awful helmet. Lately, I've come to really love Giannis Milonogiannis' Jason.
    I know, right?! I also thought this rendition was totally Awesome (whoever drew this piece, truly has a lot of talent):

Last edited by K7P5V; 07-10-2022 at 07:09 PM. Reason: Added Clarification.

Quote Originally Posted by K7P5V View Post
    I know, right?! I also thought this rendition was totally Awesome (whoever drew this piece, truly has a lot of talent):

That was drawn by Paolo Pantaleta, the artists who drew the final issues of RHATO

Quote Originally Posted by Dark_Tzitzimine View Post
    Jim Lee or a really good imitator?

As for WFA's recent story arc, I didn't like it. Way too heavy-handed and a level of trauma like that means that Jason isn't even able to function normally (let alone continue being a vigilante) if the sound of metal clanking is enough to send him into an episode, Bruce being a good dad is great of course but this is the first time that WFA has fallen into the same kind of ridiculous self-indulgence that I've come to associate with fan works.
    I get what they were going for in wanting to address it and have it resolved in a healthy way even if I feel like Jason should be...well, maybe not entirely over it but I don't think it should have such a debilitating effect on him like that since it feels like he's been active for so long and had time to already improve his mental health about what happened.

Quote Originally Posted by Dark_Tzitzimine View Post
    That was drawn by Paolo Pantaleta, the artists who drew the final issues of RHATO
    At long last, I finally have the answer! You're a lifesaver, Dark_Tzitzimine!! Thanks!!!

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Paolo is the one who draws unmasked Jason like a Tekken character right? I kinda like it, but depends on mood coz sometimes the line art and muscles go overboard.

There's going to be a flashback to Jason's death in season 3 of Harley Quinn (1:03)

Incredible Member

Jason in Harley Quinn season 3
    2022-07-11.jpg