Page 40 of 77 FirstFirst ... 3036373839404142434450 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Veni View Post
    Jason in Harley Quinn season 3
    Attachment 122684
    They're using the same suit from Under the Red Hood.

Astonishing Member Dark_Tzitzimine's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    They're using the same suit from Under the Red Hood.
    Well, that could be where the mysterious Black Jacket wearing Red Hood on the Jim Lee promo art is coming from.

Quote Originally Posted by Dark_Tzitzimine View Post
    Well, that could be where the mysterious Black Jacket wearing Red Hood on the Jim Lee promo art is coming from.
    I recall someone here once posting character model sheets from the show back when season two aired, one of them being of a Red Hood character sheet. Unfortunately I can't seem to find it to compare it to the JL Promo art, but, there was a recent Instagram live AMA with the writers and when they were asked about characters that haven't been on the show that they would like to add, Red Hood was one of them. So, it doesn't sound like Red Hood is in this season, which makes me doubtful about the connection between this and the promo art, but we'll see I guess.

For added info about the AMA, the writers claimed they were going to have Red Hood appear in the Noonan bar just drinking in the background as an easter egg, before that was scrapped because they realised they canonically wanted Jason Todd in his pre Red Hood era. Perhaps they have plans for the character down the line.

Quote Originally Posted by Veni View Post
    Jason in Harley Quinn season 3
    Attachment 122684
    Well, that got dark, even for a dark comedy.

https://toynewsi.com/news.php?itemid=43475

McFarlane Arkham Knight Red Hood in normal colors leaked

Why is he wearing the SubZero outfit if he became a GL in this universe? Why not make a full helmet with the ring instead of the mouth mask? Why the long hair? He looks like Jackie Estacado.

Quote Originally Posted by Restingvoice View Post
    Paolo is the one who draws unmasked Jason like a Tekken character right? I kinda like it, but depends on mood coz sometimes the line art and muscles go overboard.
    Completely understandable. But in regards to his artwork for Jason, there aren't any complaints from me.

Last edited by K7P5V; 07-19-2022 at 01:51 AM. Reason: Added Clarification.

Why is he wearing the SubZero outfit if he became a GL in this universe? Why not make a full helmet with the ring instead of the mouth mask? Why the long hair? He looks like Jackie Estacado.
    Aw. You just reminded me of my favorite non-DC character that doesn't have a current ongoing. Fun video games too.

I've always loved Rocaforts art, and he drew Jason very nice I must say

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Everything Canon is confusing, but in the case of Jason, his definitive back story is Crime Alley

Are there anything from the circus you'd like to keep in your canon?

Extraordinary Member

Since there were very few Jason centric stories during his Post Crisis time as Robin, I could see bringing some storylines from pre crisis over.

I also think that the way Dick passed down the mantle of Robin to Jason, was better handled pre crisis.

To no one's surprise, Jason isn't given as much as a background cameo in Artemis: Wanted.

Everything Canon is confusing, but in the case of Jason, his definitive back story is Crime Alley

Hmm, perhaps not the circus in particular, but personally I've always counted everything dc presented from pre crisis as still within the boundaries of canon, so long as it isn't drastically different or directly contradicted by post crisis, and there's no reason to not also include Jasons Robin history in that.

Quote Originally Posted by Aahz View Post
    Since there were very few Jason centric stories during his Post Crisis time as Robin, I could see bringing some storylines from pre crisis over.
    Why not keep as much as reasonably possible, I mean, plenty of characters have had new origins suddenly given to them, it didn't mean it erased every single thing beforehand. Jason was not as 'wildly different' between pre crisis and post crisis, and it's not as though so many of Jasons old pre crisis stories had to do with being in a circus and would therefore be invalid due to contradictions or inconsistencies with the future stories. I recall some of the stories (like tec 574) even making an effort to smoothly converge Jasons new street kid origin by having it show up in flashback panels before it was ever actually presented in 408. A few of Jasons Robin stories before his new origin were technically in post crisis but were still chugging along just as they had in pre crisis with no discernible difference, so much so, that a lot of people mistake them for being pre crisis and dismiss them as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Aahz View Post
    I also think that the way Dick passed down the mantle of Robin to Jason, was better handled pre crisis.
    Agreed, in general Dicks transition away from Batman and his handing down of Robin was better in pre-crisis.
    Last edited by RedBird; 07-20-2022 at 08:34 PM.

To no one's surprise, Jason isn't given as much as a background cameo in Artemis: Wanted.
    Well, this wasn't a story relating to him in any way so no, no surprise. But it's probably a good thing considering the new 'origin' the writer decided to give Artemis.

Extraordinary Member

I think some pre crisis storylines you could with some changes into post crisis would be:
    - the Story with Rena, school kids and drugs fit well for a post crisis Jason story
    - Dr. Fang, kind of creepy villian, and iirc crime boss of Gotham for a time, that hasn't been used again
    - Black Mask's debut, that also happend during Jason's time as Robin
    - Film Freak, in particular Jason teaming up with Bullock

I'm not sure if I would keep the Man-Bat abduction story.

And when it comes to Nocturna, I would consider to to replace her with Talia and mix that story somehow up with Jason's Zero Year tie in. Since that would nicely set up their later relation (in the original post crisis comics, Jason never met Talia or Ras).