Page 49 of 77 FirstFirst ... 3945464748495051525359 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by RedBird View Post
    It's been a while, but I believe Killer croc was pre-crisis where both Jasons parents were killed, and in post crisis it was Two face who killed his father.

And yeah, that was 'Tim's' origin in DCAU because Tim was supposed to be Jason, that's why his personality and background is different in that show. Essentially the creators were writing Jason but were forced to use Tims name since Jason was already dead in continuity and Tim was the current Robin. It's why the character has been dubbed Timmy Todd.
    Killer Croc killed Jason's pre-crisis parents, yes.
    Actually, it was the first story for Killer Croc in the comics. The original villain of that story was... The Squid, or something like that iirc. Croc was a, well, a croc who wanted to be the top crime boss of the place. He was extorting the circus where Joseph and Catherine worked (I think those were Jason's partent's names at the time), which was the circus where an old friend of Dick worked too. Jason's parents found out about the extortion and wanted to help stopping it. They followed Croc and his thugs, and they ended being killed and feed to alligators.

And then, years later, they reinvented Croc again, with a different look and different traits for a slightly different origin story, for Tim's story as far as I know.

Artemis looks like an anime character. If you had told me she was in Sailor Moon, I would believe you.
    Not really...Jason already had a Robin suit with pants when new52 started, plus both Jasons suit and Dan Mora's robin suit have green leggings, these look black.
    Oh, yeah...I dunno, it just reminded me a lot of Mora's Robin costume. Or maybe from that Lemire Robin mini?

Astonishing Member Dark_Tzitzimine's Avatar

Nico Bascuñán@nbascunan
    also *technically* it is not quite a tatt...
    https://twitter.com/nbascunan/status...06080735756289

Very curious...

And yeah, that was 'Tim's' origin in DCAU because Tim was supposed to be Jason, that's why his personality and background is different in that show. Essentially the creators were writing Jason but were forced to use Tims name since Jason was already dead in continuity and Tim was the current Robin. It's why the character has been dubbed Timmy Todd.
    I know, right?! Glad Jason is now fully entrenched in the DCAU/BTAS Universe (XD)

Quote Originally Posted by K7P5V View Post
    I know, right?! Glad Jason is now fully entrenched in the DCAU/BTAS Universe (XD)

I was glad to see him even if I don't think it was as organic a re-integration as it could have been...

Quote Originally Posted by K7P5V View Post

So many mixed feelings on it. Honestly, if "Tim" from BTAS has simply been retconned into Jason, I think I would have preferred it.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post
    So many mixed feelings on it. Honestly, if "Tim" from BTAS has simply been retconned into Jason, I think I would have preferred it.
    Exactly.

Reinstating what should have been true, would have been much more preferable than trying to awkwardly squeeze in this watered down and lame utrh retelling.

The writer of the webtoon answered some fan questions yesterday the most important bits revealed were:

- Jason as Robin is his favorite because of his street-level upbringing
    - Some Batman/Joker-related things will inevitably crop up here and there but the story is first and foremost an Outlaws' story and he believes everyone will be happy with it
    - They were allowed to use any character from the DCU they wanted but he's keeping who will appear a secret so it is a surprise. Interestingly, this was a response to someone asking about Cassandra appearing and he once again made a point of saying it is an Outlaw's story, not a Gotham one.
    - The gang will have a lot of different looks through the season
    - The series is mostly an action one but they put as many slice-of-life moments (in the vein of WFA) as they could
    - They've been working on the series for the past two years and such, the entire season is already finished.
    - They cherry-picked elements from the characters' entire publication story based on what would work for the story they want to tell
    - The series will explore the background of the three outlaws so we understand why they are how they are
    - Bizarro has some of his favorite chapters, 17 and 35.
    - Jason's tattoos will be addressed
    - In case it wasn't obvious, is set in a self-contained continuity separate from the main canon.

Extraordinary Member Mantis-Ray's Avatar

Okay I have Under the Red Hood and since I have the Gran Morrison collection I also have the Red Hood and Scarlet arc from the Batman and Robin run

What are other good Red Hood stories?

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis-Ray View Post
    Okay I have Under the Red Hood and since I have the Gran Morrison collection I also have the Red Hood and Scarlet arc from the Batman and Robin run

What are other good Red Hood stories?
    The N52 run but skip the Tynion volumes (4 and 5), The Rebirth run, Red Hood/Arsenal, and the Batman White Knight Presents: Red Hood mini

Extraordinary Member Mantis-Ray's Avatar

Man Scott Lodbell really had a stranglehold on the character for the majority of the 2010s

Extraordinary Member

Wasn't the webtoon comic supposed to start today?

Quote Originally Posted by Aahz View Post
    Wasn't the webtoon comic supposed to start today?
    It comes out at 5 PM PT

Quote Originally Posted by Dark_Tzitzimine View Post
    The writer of the webtoon answered some fan questions yesterday the most important bits revealed were:

- Jason as Robin is his favorite because of his street-level upbringing
    - Some Batman/Joker-related things will inevitably crop up here and there but the story is first and foremost an Outlaws' story and he believes everyone will be happy with it
    - They were allowed to use any character from the DCU they wanted but he's keeping who will appear a secret so it is a surprise. Interestingly, this was a response to someone asking about Cassandra appearing and he once again made a point of saying it is an Outlaw's story, not a Gotham one.
    - The gang will have a lot of different looks through the season
    - The series is mostly an action one but they put as many slice-of-life moments (in the vein of WFA) as they could
    - They've been working on the series for the past two years and such, the entire season is already finished.
    - They cherry-picked elements from the characters' entire publication story based on what would work for the story they want to tell
    - The series will explore the background of the three outlaws so we understand why they are how they are
    - Bizarro has some of his favorite chapters, 17 and 35.
    - Jason's tattoos will be addressed
    - In case it wasn't obvious, is set in a self-contained continuity separate from the main canon.
    Sounds good to me .