Page 5 of 77 FirstFirst 1234567891555 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member Dark_Tzitzimine's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RedBird View Post
    Finally this one is out, and yeah, this was a nice call back. This series continues to be consistently fun and adorable, and while it's definitely heavily coloured with fanon, I've got to say, it actually gets a lot of unexpected details about the canon comics more right than not. Sometimes more than even main the continuity comics.

On a slightly sour note though, is anyone else disappointed that after all the brooding, the sad flashbacks and all the moments of mourning and remembrance from Jason in rhato rebirth, that we most likely won't even get to see a reunion between Jason and Roy?
    Well, Roy has effectively been dropped as a main character for New Frontier and unceremoniously shuffled back into TA that is a pretty mediocre book. And the books Jason is in right now are also pretty unremarkable so I'd rather have nothing than some bad writer screwing up what should be a cathartic moment.

Finally this one is out, and yeah, this was a nice call back. This series continues to be consistently fun and adorable, and while it's definitely heavily coloured with fanon, I've got to say, it actually gets a lot of unexpected details about the canon comics more right than not. Sometimes more than even main the continuity comics.

On a slightly sour note though, is anyone else disappointed that after all the brooding, the sad flashbacks and all the moments of mourning and remembrance from Jason in rhato rebirth, that we most likely won't even get to see a reunion between Jason and Roy?
    Hey, never say never. Maybe in some event, or maybe in some eventual team up issue, like what happened with Nightwing during Rebirth, where Roy, Dick and Damian shared a short story (no one was expecting Roy to team up with Dick again at that point).

Quote Originally Posted by Zaresh View Post
    Hey, never say never. Maybe in some event, or maybe in some eventual team up issue, like what happened with Nightwing during Rebirth, where Roy, Dick and Damian shared a short story (no one was expecting Roy to team up with Dick again at that point).
    Maybe. But you need a solo or ongoing character focused book to be able to feature side stories like that. Currently all the books Jason is featured in, are all telling very isolated stories away from the rest of the dc universe, which don't make them a great place to present a reunion anyway, nor do I think that any of them could provide a satisfying conclusion for that matter. It's just the timing that is disappointing, this arc just would have been easier and a more concise story and conclusion if rhato hadn't got the axe, or if DC had actually relaunched a new Red Hood focused book in it's place.

Or, side note, I suppose a reunion could have happened in the Green Arrow book..... If there was one. Seriously, what is up with that? Forget Jason, I don't think Roy has even seen Ollie or his own daughter yet. There's so many arrow characters that are all over the place right now with no baseline arrow book to tell their stories.

Last I read, he only knows that Lian is alive. More than that, he's not sure on the "where".

Or, side note, I suppose a reunion could have happened in the Green Arrow book..... If there was one. Seriously, what is up with that? Forget Jason, I don't think Roy has even seen Ollie or his own daughter yet. There's so many arrow characters that are all over the place right now with no baseline arrow book to tell their stories.
    You tell me, sigh. I've been waiting for a new GA book since Leviathan because I was about to start reading GA regularly back then, when I finally got interested in all its characters enough after the last run finished. I have a thing for archers, and even when I'm not the biggest fan of Oliver himself, I enjoyed what I read then and kind of have grown to like him. Also, come on! Now we even have Connor again. It's just Mia the one who's nowhere to be found yet.

You tell me, sigh. I've been waiting for a new GA book since Leviathan because I was about to start reading GA regularly back then, when I finally got interested in all its characters enough after the last run finished. I have a thing for archers, and even when I'm not the biggest fan of Oliver himself, I enjoyed what I read then and kind of have grown to like him. Also, come on! Now we even have Connor again. It's just Mia the one who's nowhere to be found yet.
    She was last seen with Star Girl.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post
    DC, where's the promised GA book?

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post
    That was Emiko not Mia, who appeared the last time during the new52, but didn't became a hero back than.

Green Arrow has in general the problem that the franchise has to many characters for the amount of books it can carry.

Therfore they have to either find team books where they can put all the sidekicks in or they go into limbo. And I guess that is going to happen with Connor pretty soon, unless they plan to keep him as support character in Damian's book on the long run.

Quote Originally Posted by Aahz View Post
    That was Emiko not Mia, who appeared the last time during the new52, but didn't became a hero back than.

Green Arrow has in general the problem that the franchise has to many characters for the amount of books it can carry.

Therfore they have to either find team books where they can put all the sidekicks in or they go into limbo. And I guess that is going to happen with Connor pretty soon, unless they plan to keep him as support character in Damian's book on the long run.
    Still, ideally, all of them can appear and be regulars in Green Arrow's ongoing as much as the batfam does in Batman or Nightwing (tec nowadays is more of a family book).

Incredible Member

I think Damian's gang is going to stick with him for the time being. They have a very Teen Titans vibe going, they sell well, and it allows characters such as Connor and Ravager a better place to be than limbo.

Incredible Member

Still, ideally, all of them can appear and be regulars in Green Arrow's ongoing as much as the batfam does in Batman or Nightwing (tec nowadays is more of a family book).
    The batfamily doesn't really appear in Batman's book most of the time, and while Dick had an arc with the batfamily, it seems this current arc is more focused on other DCU characters.
    I don't think a Green arrow book can have the entire family there and still have a stable plot. Black canary and one sidekick? sure. But not all of them.

Extraordinary Member

There is also a big difference between having Guest characters on a book, and the book actually being the main book of several characters, meaning having these characters actually giving these characters some development and long term side plots.

In Green Arrow you can really only add that much side characters (I think about two) before it starts to take away from Olli.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Lal View Post
    I think Damian's gang is going to stick with him for the time being.
    We will see from the solits that Rose will stick around at least for the Deathstroke Cross Over but is hard to say what will happen beyond that.

And for now I also don't see a good reason what motivation Conner would have to stay with Damian, the age difference between them is imo to big to really make them work as friends.

Connor and Rose would imo better fit on a team with Jason, than on one with Damian.

Kind of disappointed at DC vs Vampire, I mean fighting Gorilla-Vampire seem like the opportunity where Jason could bring out the All-Blades, bring out some deadly weapons or blow something up or ... but no
    Damn! I really miss the All-Blades, especially how effortlessly cool Rocafort made them!!

Incredible Member

We will see from the solits that Rose will stick around at least for the Deathstroke Cross Over but is hard to say what will happen beyond that.

And for now I also don't see a good reason what motivation Conner would have to stay with Damian, the age difference between them is imo to big to really make them work as friends.

Connor and Rose would imo better fit on a team with Jason, than on one with Damian.
    We don't really know how old they are now. It's safe to assume they are both over 18, but we can't really say for sure.
    I think both being part of Jason's team could have worked (and it's much better than Jason just inheriting Dick's relationships), but Jason doesn't have a team, and DC is playing with the similarlies between Dsmian and Connor, and Rose treating Damian like an older sister.
    But as Damian is coming to Gotham soon, we'll see if he and his cast will interact with the batfamily. So far Jason is left completely out of all Gotham events.