Page 51 of 77 FirstFirst ... 4147484950515253545561 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

This is good
    This is really good
    Making it similar in tone to mainline comic will make it easier to recommend the trades and whichever mainline series Jason will be on
    There will not be as much whiplash compared to WFA

Wait Katie Kubert's actually involved
    So this is a bit more DC
    Last edited by Restingvoice; 08-15-2022 at 11:24 AM.

I'll never love the format, but I had a great time and wish there was more.

The key here is that it genuinely feels like the first half of Rebirth, which I'll argue is the only good part of this character's ongoings. Fantastic setup with the mercenary thing, I agree. I don't know what Martinbrough will do, but I think that's a good status quo for Jason, especially if you give him globetrotting adventures.

The art being good helps. I'm very particular not just about the actual getup, but how the mask is drawn: even when it's the same design, I need the overall shape, eyes, mouth... to be a certain way, and the artist nailed it here. I also like the sleeveless look, it works well within this mission at least. I wonder what the deal with the tattoo is in any case.

Astonishing Member Dark_Tzitzimine's Avatar

More Red Hood gameplay tomorrow

The emphasis on "HIGH LEVEL gameplay" makes me think they've heard the complaints about the gameplay shown so far being really poor

Guys, I'm trying to update the OP post with upcoming and recent stuff about Jason. I know I'm missing some content in there, mostly figures and other media. But probably other stuff. Could anyone help me filling those gaps, please?

Also, I'm absolutely lost regarding anything about figures and toys. What do you guys would drop out of the list that's already posted? (it's copied from last year's post, actually)
    Last edited by Zaresh; 08-15-2022 at 12:41 PM.

Extraordinary Member Mantis-Ray's Avatar

I can't help but be impressed that of everything Lobdell did, Red Hood having his own team in the Outlaws is the only one that actually became a thing. And that he was actually able to improve it enough to land on the Dark Trinity format.

Which is funny when you remember how much controversy the original Outlaws run had over its portrayal of Starfire and what not.

Ah I remember buying those issues when they first came out having just gotten into reading comics. Good naive times.

Man, this webtoon, I had been hoping it would be closer in tone to the Zatanna webtoon, which is 'less fluffy' by comparison to the other two (Vixen and BWFA), but it's more than just 'less fluffy', the comic almost feels like reading Rhato Rebirth again.

The dynamic between the characters, whilst having a few minor changes here and there, still feels very familiar. The Art is also great (no surprise there), and tone is also pretty spot on, despite the concerns about the comedy aspect of this action comedy overtaking the story, I think the humour was once again pretty reminiscent of early rebirth. All in all, a pretty great start.

It's interesting to hear that this had been planned for two years, just about the time that the outlaws disbanded with issue #50.
    Here is an early pitch 'cover' art from artist, Alex Kubodera-Reeves.

https://twitter.com/KeiKube/status/1540157381182492672

It's nice to see that there were always some kind of plans for this group, even if Webtoon seemed a little unconventional at first.
    Especially with Red Hood: Outlaws, which out of the current DC line up for Webtoons seems to stick out, compared to the others which, to be general here, are more in line with the majority audience of Gen Z and Millennials, featuring 'magical girl power' and '#relatable' Zatanna and Vixen, or the Domestication of the Batfamily. Not to discredit these mind you, they are still great but it's just clear to see how DC are using these particular characters and characterisations that are geared towards the webtoon crowd. Makes me wonder if DC have noticed something about these crowds in relation to Red Hood.
    Last edited by RedBird; 08-15-2022 at 04:39 PM.

New interview with Patrick Young and Nico Bascuñán.

https://screenrant.com/red-hood-outl...-todd-artemis/

I enjoyed the first issue of the new webtoon way more than I thought I would. I wasn't expecting the art to be that good either. If this is the future I want in
    Reading List (Super behind but reading them nonetheless):
    DC: Currently figuring that out
    Marvel: Read above
    Image: Killadelphia, Nightmare Blog
    Other: The Antagonist, Something is Killing the Children, Avatar: TLAB
    Manga: My Hero Academia, MHA: Vigilanties, Soul Eater: the Perfect Edition, Berserk, Hunter X Hunter, Witch Hat Atelier, Kaiju No. 8

A pretty good day for a Birthday

JJMK-JJMK

Happy birthday Jason

Solid start to the web series. Wasn't sure about the initial art that was posted on twitter and the way the WFA portrayed Jason had me nervous that it was going to be a similar vibe but was pleasantly surprised.

looking forward to reading more and seeing where this goes.

Quote Originally Posted by RedBird View Post
    New interview with Patrick Young and Nico Bascuñán.

https://screenrant.com/red-hood-outl...-todd-artemis/
    With the fresh take on Jason, will we ever see the return of the All-Blades in this series?

Patrick Young: Again, we have access to all the different continuities and we’re having as much fun with that as we can. That’s the diplomatic answer I’ll say. We did our very best to turn the narrative on its head every three to five episodes - sometimes every episode. So no matter what comes up, plot or Easter egg – Nico put in a TON of Easter eggs – we don’t think people will be disappointed. They’ll constantly be on their heels.

Nico Bascuñán: We should’ve called it Red Hood: Outlaws – The Big Reference. It’s full of references to what we most love: animated series, comics, manga, anime, films. It’s like a big, big remix of everything.

Patrick Young: We speak very “filmically” to each other. In all my scripts Nico’s like ‘put in more references!’ We’re drawing from Sailor Moon to Kami Garcia’s Teen Titans to original Under the Red Hood to Western and Eastern. We’re taking from all our favorite stuff and having a damn good time.

Nico Bascuñán: It’s like a big box of our toys, basically. I’m having a lot of fun. From the beginning, it’s not very stressful work. It’s a lot of work but it’s just a joy to be able to make stuff happen that you’ve never read before. It’s quite exciting and challenging.

Patrick Young: I mean, we grew up as fans so it’s been twenty-five years of stuff we wish we’d been able to read or see.
    We're totally getting the All-blades, aren't we

Well we got dinosaur island in the first chapter so the sky's the limit yo.

Bizarro's flashback features him and Clark in space amid a ruined world which opens up the avenue for space adventures. Presumably Artemis will also bring in the fantastical stuff.

Pretty sure the implication was that Bizarro destroyed Bizarro world.

Yeah I know thats obvious, just that we might go to bizarro world or we might go to an alien world.

We might not of course but the possibility is there which is fun to think about.