Page 54 of 77 FirstFirst ... 44450515253545556575864 ... LastLast
    Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by K7P5V View Post
    Totally Awesome! Thanks!!

You know, this run had its issues, but I've always absolutely loved Kenneth Rocafort's art in that first run. It was so vivid and lush.

Haven't seen anything from Rocafort in ages, now that I think about it.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Daedalus View Post
    You know, this run had its issues, but I've always absolutely loved Kenneth Rocafort's art in that first run. It was so vivid and lush.

Haven't seen anything from Rocafort in ages, now that I think about it.
    Honestly? I haven't been able to appreciate Jason as much before or after this first run of Red Hood & the Outlaws. For all of Lobdell's faults, I really feel he had Jason's characterization down cold. No one else has ever been able to make me appreciate him more.
    Keep in mind that you have about as much chance of changing my mind as I do of changing yours.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by phonogram12 View Post
    Honestly? I haven't been able to appreciate Jason as much before or after this first run of Red Hood & the Outlaws. For all of Lobdell's faults, I really feel he had Jason's characterization down cold. No one else has ever been able to make me appreciate him more.
    I agree with this wholeheartedly - Lobdell wasn't a master of plot, and this was never going to win any Eisners, but the book was a fun romp with colorful characters.

There was even an occasional emotional moment that I enjoyed. That page of Bruce and Jason eating popcorn in a flashback lives fondly in my memory.

I agree with this wholeheartedly - Lobdell wasn't a master of plot, and this was never going to win any Eisners, but the book was a fun romp with colorful characters.

There was even an occasional emotional moment that I enjoyed. That page of Bruce and Jason eating popcorn in a flashback lives fondly in my memory.
    Lobdell on Jason was just a great match. Him with Starfire, eh. But the Rebirth Outlaws, was awesome. And so far, the webtoon has been hitting all the right notes. Aside from the Bizzarro saying the opposite of what he means. But his personality is spot on. And Artemis with Jason, great back and forth. And its only 3 issues in.

Preview for Beyond the White Knight red Hood #2

https://www.cbr.com/jason-todd-red-h...ite-knight-dc/

The scenes between Jason and Gan are kinda sweet, but I'm a bit disappointed with the change of artist, would have preferred more consistency, especially since it's just two issues.

Quote Originally Posted by Dark_Tzitzimine View Post
    I hate that I was right
    Well, and this is just a stab in the dark based on previous work but, let me guess, Jason kills the Joker (hurray) but it turns out it's not the Joker, but a man that was transformed to LOOK like the Joker, and Jason had no idea, and the narrative yet again has to abandon all logic to twist itself into a pretzel for some absurd and contrived way to conclude on why killing is never ever ever ok when Jason does it? Did I get that about right? lol

Astonishing Member Dark_Tzitzimine's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RedBird View Post
    Well, and this is just a stab in the dark based on previous work but, let me guess, Jason kills the Joker (hurray) but it turns out it's not the Joker, but a man that was transformed to LOOK like the Joker, and Jason had no idea, and the narrative yet again has to abandon all logic to twist itself into a pretzel for some absurd and contrived way to conclude on why killing is never ever ever ok when Jason does it? Did I get that about right? lol
    I seriously doubt Jason will kill anyone, I think that for contrived and dumb reasons Jason will end up having to help Joker. Eventually, they will sort of bury the hatchet similar to what happened with Gordon in the previous series. I hope Jason is only in for a couple of issues and we aren't looking to another year of Jason meandering in a story only to make others look competent.

Unsurprising, but yeah, no Martinbrough series this year is almost a lock. TFZ and FS have been fun, but those being the only things to look forward to re: the character sucks.

Maybe the long wait is because there's a new status quo for Jason after TFZ. Or maybe the series is being reworked into being a full-on ongoing (lol).

In agreement with you about the emotional impact. Truly heartfelt (IMHO):

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CorDaytona View Post
    Unsurprising, but yeah, no Martinbrough series this year is almost a lock. TFZ and FS have been fun, but those being the only things to look forward to re: the character sucks.

Maybe the long wait is because there's a new status quo for Jason after TFZ. Or maybe the series is being reworked into being a full-on ongoing (lol).
    Was that ever confirmed in continuity? I don't see them letting more than one writer handle Jason at a time and if Rosenberg is continuing to write Jason with the joker book like how Tynion used his joker run as a Gordon story, I don't see them giving Jason a solo book anytime soon.

Quote Originally Posted by DragonPiece View Post
    Was that ever confirmed in continuity? I don't see them letting more than one writer handle Jason at a time and if Rosenberg is continuing to write Jason with the joker book like how Tynion used his joker run as a Gordon story, I don't see them giving Jason a solo book anytime soon.
    If I'm honest? I have no idea lol. I haven't really been checking other DC titles since about las (was meaning to go back to where I left the main Batman book at least, especially as I'm really excited about the Zdarsky/Jiménez combo). My assumption was that TFZ was in continuity, but I'm not at all sure. At the end of the day, it doesn't really matter, I guess.

It'd be a shame if he doesn't get a solo bock in the near future, but it's, honestly, the likeliest outcome. I really liked the first half of Rebirth, but after hating the N52 and DCYou runs despite liking some stuff in isolation/concepts (and being very checked out during Rebirth's last half), I was so excited about the ongoing being continued by another writer.

It could be worse, I guess, but I don't think the character's being put to great use as of now.

Quote Originally Posted by CorDaytona View Post
    If I'm honest? I have no idea lol. I haven't really been checking other DC titles since about las (was meaning to go back to where I left the main Batman book at least, especially as I'm really excited about the Zdarsky/Jiménez combo). My assumption was that TFZ was in continuity, but I'm not at all sure. At the end of the day, it doesn't really matter, I guess.

It'd be a shame if he doesn't get a solo bock in the near future, but it's, honestly, the likeliest outcome. I really liked the first half of Rebirth, but after hating the N52 and DCYou runs despite liking some stuff in isolation/concepts (and being very checked out during Rebirth's last half), I was so excited about the ongoing being continued by another writer.

It could be worse, I guess, but I don't think the character's being put to great use as of now.
    TFZ is in continuity. Rosenberg confirmed it soon after they started the series [ago*] and it still stands that way to my knowledge. If I recall, [E*]ven when people told him about Bane, he reminded them that he was in some way involved in both books that dealt with Bane at the time; so he was aware about the Bane inconsistency and he was writing the character knowing about it. It was in a tweet, if I'm not mistaken.
    Last edited by Zaresh; 08-20-2022 at 01:46 PM. Reason: [*] is what happens when you rewrite stuff without proofread.

Quote Originally Posted by Zaresh View Post
    TFZ is in continuity. Rosenberg confirmed it soon after they started the series ago and it still stands that way to my knowledge. If I recall, Even when people told him about Bane, he reminded them that he was in some way involved in both books that dealt with Bane at the time; so he was aware about the Bane inconsistency and he was writing the character knowing about it. It was in a tweet, if I'm not mistaken.
    Oh, good to know, thanks!

Yeah, I noticed that stuff about Bane. At first, it was a bit weird since, iirc, the elephant in the room wasn't really acknowledged, as far as I remember, until a bit later. I'm not disappointed in how it's been handled, if I'm honest.

All in all, it's definitely not a replacement for what I'd actually want for the character, but considering the premise (I'm really over zombies) and the Suicide Squad-like approach, I'm having a good time with TFZ. I like how Jason is mostly portrayed, even if you get the usual "are we really still doing this ****?" moments.

Again, I really don't think that there's gonna be such a drastic status quo change for Jason in this book, but maybe that's why the Martinbrough stuff hasn't been revealed yet despite having been officially announced, technically, for about eight months or so. Just shooting the ****, though, it's probably having to do with it being delayed or reworked. Unless it's a December release... well, then it's the latter.

Extraordinary Member Mantis-Ray's Avatar

I'm thinking, is there any Jason stories that actually center on his tenure as Robin?

Cause I'm reminded that the trade collection for that recent Robin and Batman mini by Jeff Lemire which is another look back into Dick's start-up as Robin.

Has Jason ever gotten anything like that?

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Zaresh View Post
    TFZ is in continuity. Rosenberg confirmed it soon after they started the series [ago*] and it still stands that way to my knowledge. If I recall, [E*]ven when people told him about Bane, he reminded them that he was in some way involved in both books that dealt with Bane at the time; so he was aware about the Bane inconsistency and he was writing the character knowing about it. It was in a tweet, if I'm not mistaken.
    Just to clarify, I was talking about that unannounced series you guys brought up. I understood TFZ was firmly connected with other books.