Page 58 of 77 FirstFirst ... 84854555657585960616268 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member Mantis-Ray's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Zaresh View Post
    It hurts, honestly. Hell, you could say even Barbara is stuck into the last thing that had an impact for Batman average readers. And she's definitely a high profile character.
    Poor Barbara. Was a member of the Birds of Prey and had a longstanding role in Suicide Squad as Oracle.

Now the Birds are doing this weird new team with Shiva and Katana and some other characters of not much interest and Oracle is now stuck inside the family as the Bat mission control while barely going outside.

Preview for Dark Crisis on Infinite Earths #4

https://aiptcomics.com/2022/09/02/dc...nite-earths-4/

Just posting here cause the Green Lantern Jason appears in the preview.

Looking at the context I'm guessing this cameo is only present in the preview not through the rest of the book

I assume this was already shared/discussed, but I just saw the alternative cover for Dark Crisis War Zone 1 and the way Red Hood is drawn, with what seems to be a black leather jacket and a black armour (might just be the lighting):

It's likely nothing, but I guess I'm tired of seeing without a jacket in Task Force Z and wanna have him back to basics lol.

The latest free episode for the Red Hood: Outlaws webtoon just dropped.

Been waiting to mention this, but the tattoo that Jason has on his shoulder seems to resemble a Bat and a Robin logo.

Artemis saying "Are you winning, son" is probably the most surreal thing I have ever read from her.

Also, slight Wayne Family Adventures crossover? The designs looked very similar.

I'm not surprised they figured him out but I hope they don't have J'onn job too hard to the Outlaws. He's, like, probably one of the few people who could legitimately take on Bizarro. Granted, Flame Breath...

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Artemis saying "Are you winning, son" is probably the most surreal thing I have ever read from her.

Also, slight Wayne Family Adventures crossover? The designs looked very similar.

I'm not surprised they figured him out but I hope they don't have J'onn job too hard to the Outlaws. He's, like, probably one of the few people who could legitimately take on Bizarro. Granted, Flame Breath...
    Well, he did trap Artemis in a force field, and it took Biz blitzing him to gain the upperhand.
    For the crossover; I don't think it is. Damian is too light skinned in this to be from WFA. Though, still fun to see Jason playing video games with Tim and Damian. Plus, this Jason has various scars on his face, and no white stripe in his hair like WFA Jason does.

Extraordinary Member Mantis-Ray's Avatar

When did the white stripe in his hair become a thing for him?

I've seen at least one person comment that he doesn't have it in the webcomic.

It was a thing in canon for a very short time, but it became a bigger thing in fandom, so much so that DC now sprinkles it in every now and then.

Technically it showed up first in Batman: Hush, and had only appeared in other main continuity comics like once or twice and that was about it. After the new52 it wouldn't really appear again until around rebirth, and even then, it would only be in non canon books/titles/animations.

But despite the fact that it was a small detail that had not been in continuity for long, the fandom kind of latched onto that visual feature for years, especially in fan art, so now many fans have come to associate it with the character. Since Rebirth and Infinite Frontier, we've seen the white streak make a comeback, appearing more and more frequently in non canon books and comics covers, but as far as I'm aware, it still hasn't actually made an appearance in the main continuity. (Unless that Robins mini series is considered in continuity since that book did in fact feature Jason with a white streak)
    Last edited by RedBird; 09-05-2022 at 01:43 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by RedBird View Post
    It was a thing in canon for a very short time, but it became a bigger thing in fandom, so much so that DC now sprinkles it in every now and then.

Technically it showed up first in Batman: Hush, and had only appeared in other main continuity comics like once or twice and that was about it. After the new52 it wouldn't really appear again until around rebirth, and even then, it would only be in non canon books/titles/animations.

But despite the fact that it was a small detail that had not been in continuity for long, the fandom kind of latched onto that visual feature for years, especially in fan art, so now many fans have come to associate it with the character. Since Rebirth and Infinite Frontier, we've seen the white streak make a comeback, appearing more and more frequently in non canon books and comics covers, but as far as I'm aware, it still hasn't actually made an appearance in the main continuity. (Unless that Robins mini series is considered in continuity since that book did in fact feature Jason with a white streak)
    Fanfics have also heavily adopted the white stripe. Hard to come across a fanfic about Jason (post resurrection) that doesn't have the white stripe.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post
    Well, he did trap Artemis in a force field, and it took Biz blitzing him to gain the upperhand.
    For the crossover; I don't think it is. Damian is too light skinned in this to be from WFA. Though, still fun to see Jason playing video games with Tim and Damian. Plus, this Jason has various scars on his face, and no white stripe in his hair like WFA Jason does.
    Damian looked darker to me compared to the comic version at least.

Astonishing Member Dark_Tzitzimine's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RedBird View Post

Robins is a weird case because Jason doesn't actually have a streak but the colorist shaded differently a part of his bangs through the whole thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Dark_Tzitzimine View Post
    Robins is a weird case because Jason doesn't actually have a streak but the colorist shaded differently a part of his bangs through the whole thing.
    Whilst the colouring may have been slightly inconsistent or sloppy in some panels, the detail still appeared to be present in the majority of the comic, it seems pretty clear that he has the white streak in his hair.

Again, whether or not this particular comic is canon or not, I can't really say.

Astonishing Member Dark_Tzitzimine's Avatar

Again, is just the coloring and/or the artist being cheeky. Compared him with these pages from issues 1 and 4

The exception is the car racer sequence but that is a virtual simulation.

Quote Originally Posted by Dark_Tzitzimine View Post
    Again, is just the coloring and/or the artist being cheeky. Compared him with these pages from issues 1 and 4
    The exception is the car racer sequence but that is a virtual simulation.
    Like I said, the coloring was sloppy at times, but even if you don't want to count the simulation, it still appeared plenty of times outside of it.

Also (as far as I recall) in every Robins comic cover with an unmasked Jason, he has his white bangs, so I don't feel it's just the colorist/main artist being in on a joke or cheeky, especially with how frequently it appears, this seemed like a deliberate design and decision from the entire creative team, that just had a slightly sloppy execution within the book. And (sorry to the artists, this is just from criticism that I've heard, not my entire opinion) given how many people have complained about the art for this series looking 'lazy' and 'incomplete' the idea of some panels being sloppy doesn't surprise me to see.

And there's more examples in the book. Point is I think it's very much present and he can be counted as having it in this book, if you feel otherwise we'll have to agree to disagree there.
    Last edited by RedBird; 09-06-2022 at 05:14 PM.

Speaking of confusing white hair streaks though, here's a small cameo with the robins from the new DKOS one shot where a young Jason has this feature. How does that work?

Last edited by RedBird; 09-06-2022 at 05:26 PM.