Page 64 of 77 FirstFirst ... 145460616263646566676874 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Aahz View Post
    Yeah, "Tim" in BTAS was Jason in all but name really. Dini and Timm wanted to use Jason (as Jason), but were told they couldn't.

Kinda late but, overall Task Force Z was okay, I actually don't mind Jasons characterisation in it, but I think the book just kind of meandered around too much. Maybe I'll have more appreciation for it in the future when I'm not busy waiting around for DC to pick a solid direction for the character, but after a year of this title, I'm getting really antsy and hoping there's something more than just a Joker book cameo for Jason in the near future.
    Got to say though, I absolutely loved the dysfunctional duo of Jason and (wannabegood) Harvey.
    The second Robin teaming up with Two Face, it's too perfect.

Anyways, in the case of Gotham Knights, all I can say is, the devs weren't doing great at presenting their own product.
    Those Red Hood and Nightwing gameplay videos a few months back were weak, and looking at general online reactions, I know I'm not the only one whose expectations for the gameplay were taken down a notch or too.
    But after seeing all these new reviewer/youtuber/streamer videos featuring gameplay, it looks much more enjoyable. The characters are still slow as hell, especially Red Hood, but it's nice to see that there are apparently at least SOME light attacks, and that you don't need to wind up 20 minutes for every hit. There were also some better examples of daisy chaining and, thank goodness, the reviewers knew how to use the dodge button and not let themselves get pummelled and interrupted every 3 seconds.

Also apparently quantum mechanix are releasing a second version of that one Batman and Chibi Batfamily statue, with a few changes.
    https://twitter.com/SpecFictionNews/...37593501188096

1) More blush on the characters faces, noses, ears etc.
    2) Bruce's Batsuit is now the good old blue version with a blue cape complete with bat-undies. Plus it looks like the other characters black suits and hair have been toned down to a dark blue as well for some colour harmony.
    3) Unmasked Jason. Instead of the helmet, Jason now has his red mask and white streak.

New version

Previous version

Last edited by RedBird; 10-07-2022 at 05:08 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by RedBird View Post
    Also apparently quantum mechanix are releasing a second version of that one Batman and Chibi Batfamily statue, with a few changes.
    https://twitter.com/SpecFictionNews/...37593501188096

1) More blush on the characters faces, noses, ears etc.
    2) Bruce's Batsuit is now the good old blue version with a blue cape complete with bat-undies. Plus it looks like the other characters black suits and hair have been toned down to a dark blue as well for some colour harmony.
    3) Unmasked Jason. Instead of the helmet, Jason now has his red mask and white streak.

New version

Previous version

Fans do love their white streak Jason. I bet the demand for white streak Jason merch rivals demand for comic accurate Jason.

They should have also changed Tim's face. It's innerving having 2 Damian faces. I get that the maker is a huge Gleason fan hence why he used that Gleason's knocked out tooth Damian from RSOB for Tim's model but it still feels like strange having two Damian's.

Poor Tim.
    1st there was Timmy Todd from BTAS now we also have Timian from quantum
    Last edited by Fergus; 10-07-2022 at 05:24 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis-Ray View Post
    Some of the comments in Red Hood: Outlaws amused me because of how much Batman is stuck in a rock and a hard place when dealing with his murderous allies.

He tells Jason that he's had enough with his bullshit and he will lock him up in Arkham, cue at least one person in the comment section going "Its so fucked up that Batman would lock Jason in the same prison as the murderer of his father"

And I'm like, "So? He's a grown-ass man. You want Batman to treat him with double-standards?"

Its a situation where no matter what people will complain. Either he's lenient with Jason and Harley and people will rag him about it. Or he fully takes a stance against their actions and another group of people will rag him on it.
    Look when it comes to the mainline I don't subscribe to the notion that Jason should necessarily be treated exactly the same as Harley (or any other character for that matter), people can complain up and down about 'double standards' but at the end of the day, one is another villain/stranger in Gotham, the other is his son, they are not in the same league, period. Not that it really matters cause nowadays Bruce gives a pass to basically anyone anyway, but especially to those close to him (friends, allies, lovers), so I don't understand how of all people, his son is seen as a major double standard, especially now.

With all that said, that's in the case of the comics, Jason in the webtoon is absolutely a reckless jerk that doesn't even take up a shred of responsibility for the havoc he causes, (and that's kinda the point of the character arc) so yes, Bruce is absolutely right to chew him out.
    Last edited by RedBird; 10-10-2022 at 06:53 AM.

There's a quick view of all the Jim Lee suits around the end of the trailer.

Hello again, everybody I've almost finished a video that I'm working on for Gotham Knights, but I need some feedback for a section about Red Hood's mystical abilities.

Here's what I've written for that section

Red Hood, in the comics, was able to summon a mystical weapon known as the all-blades. The effectiveness of the All-Blades varied from writer to writer. In James Tynion's run as the writer of Red Hood and the Outlaws, they were only effective against supernatural entities and superhumans. In contrast, Red Hood's mystical abilities in Gotham Knights are effective on anybody he faces in the game. This is why WB Montréal's decision to give him mystical powers for Gotham Knights is controversial. While there are differences in how his mystical abilities are utilised, there is a common link. The All-Blades and Red Hood's mystical abilities in Gotham Knights are both powered by his soul energy.

Credits: Red Hood and the Outlaws Vol. 4: League of Assassins (The New 52) Red Hood and the Outlaws Vol 2 #11 August 2017
    Are there any more comics that I should add to credits section for references?. Keep in mind I've already added RHTO Vol 2 #11 in which he uses the all-blades on the amazon Akila.

Other than that, I also have two unrelated questions.

Quote Originally Posted by MarvelARPGFan View Post
    Hello again, everybody I've almost finished a video that I'm working on for Gotham Knights, but I need some feedback for a section about Red Hood's mystical abilities.

Here's what I've written for that section

Are there any more comics that I should add to credits section for references?. Keep in mind I've already added RHTO Vol 2 #11 in which he uses the all-blades on the amazon Akila.

He used them again in the Rebirth run around the issue 35 or further. It was in the last part of the Prince of Gotham story arc (I think that was the name. The story with the Penguin, Bunker and the Iceberg Lounge), and it included a nice flashback to back when he trained in the All-Cast as far as I recall.

Amazing Member

Yeah, Two faces work well with Dick and Jason stories.
    Jason need a rogue gallery, Dick too but at least Grayson had some ones like Blockbuster and brutale.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by MarvelARPGFan View Post

From what I can tell it wasn't untill RHTO Vol 2 #11 (written by Lobdell who origianlly introduced that all caste and the all blades non Tynion) that it was established that the blades only work against supernatural threads and are powered by his soul energy.

Before that other writers (like Tynion and Pfeifer) had him use the Blades against all kinds of enemies.

Other than that I think the first 5 issues of the new52 run (where the all caste and the Untitled are introduced) and the issues #25 (where Jason as a street kid pre robin learns some magical punch from Talia) and #27 (where he uses that punch against Ras) might be relevant.
    Last edited by Aahz; 10-08-2022 at 01:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Waldo View Post
    Yeah, Two faces work well with Dick and Jason stories.
    Jason need a rogue gallery, Dick too but at least Grayson had some ones like Blockbuster and brutale.
    I know, right?! Love it when heroes share their villains with one another.

As for my addition, Slade would be perfect for both Jason & Dick (IMHO):

Latest webtoon chapter dropped. Took a couple of turns at the end there. Very interesting turns too.

Extraordinary Member Mantis-Ray's Avatar

Damn spoilers:
    Artemis has an incredible ass
    end of spoilers

Also I find it hilarious that spoilers:
    Batman has apparently convinced the rest of the League to go along with this meaning there's no one else left in the Watchtower
    end of spoilers

Astonishing Member Dark_Tzitzimine's Avatar

So, any theories about what Artemis found?

Quote Originally Posted by Dark_Tzitzimine View Post
    So, any theories about what Artemis found?
    I'm going with an embarrassing moment in her past.