Page 7 of 77 FirstFirst ... 345678910111757 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Zaresh View Post
    Well, I guess only time will tell if they stay or not.

I'm not a big fan of giving them to Damian: they already had connections with other characters. But I can't do a thing if they stay with him as supporting characters in the end. It would be quite hypocritical on my part if I were to riot because of it, given that I was perfectly fine with Jason befriending Roy or Kori or Donna or Kyle and teaming up with them.

And yes, I've seen the sales. That hasn't stopped DC about pulling a new run for a long lived franchise before. At all.
    Well, with Donna, there's at least some history to pull from. During Jason's very brief time with the Titans as Robin, he actually got along pretty well with her.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post
    Well, with Donna, there's at least some history to pull from. During Jason's very brief time with the Titans as Robin, he actually got along pretty well with her.
    I know.
    Still, people could complain he was getting Dick's characters. You know, too, that it's a complain that keeps happening.

Incredible Member

Actually I'm not a big Jason fan , but ever since he appeared in I think that it was Geoff John's mini ( The 3 Jokers ? ) with Bruce and Babs, I've come to like him more. So I've been picking up Task Force Z and so far it's quite good. It has a lot to read which I like, and this past issue even showed that Bruce was part of it initially. As much as I like Grayson better, his book seems more vanilla like and wish it went in the direction that Task Force Z is going.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Zaresh View Post
    Rose is a Deathstroke character with ties with Dick, and lately, Jason (and Damian now). But she's primary's Slade's support character, really. She's not going to go any other place for long. Same goes for Joey, who was even a Titan at some point.
    She has also ties with Tim, they were both on Teen Titans pre flashpoint.

But with Williamson himself hinting at a relation between her and Jason, and having them together in future state, it would kind of make sense to have them actually team up in continuity.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Aahz View Post

But with Williamson himself hinting at a relation between her and Jason, and having them together in future state, it would kind of make sense to have them actually team up in continuity.
    The fact that Rose had crushes on all the three ex-Robins is a bit... weird.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post
    Correct! Thanks for the reminder, and LOVE that Barreto artwork (XD)

Quote Originally Posted by TheKryptonMan View Post
    Actually I'm not a big Jason fan , but ever since he appeared in I think that it was Geoff John's mini ( The 3 Jokers ? ) with Bruce and Babs, I've come to like him more. So I've been picking up Task Force Z and so far it's quite good. It has a lot to read which I like, and this past issue even showed that Bruce was part of it initially. As much as I like Grayson better, his book seems more vanilla like and wish it went in the direction that Task Force Z is going.
    Welcome to the thread

True. Again, the only thing we can do is wait and see. I've warmed to the idea of the relationship if it's a rocky on and off one. Makes for an enjoyable read now and then.
    Last edited by Zaresh; 01-31-2022 at 03:48 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by K7P5V View Post
    It is some pretty art .

Extraordinary Member

She also interacted with his murderous psychopath self as well. Who knows where they stand.

Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    She also interacted with his murderous psychopath self as well. Who knows where they stand.
    She seemed to do fine with him in Countdown. Even defended him against Dick's and Tim's accusations when that side of the story of that event started as far as I recall (if I remember right, they blamed him for Duela's death: he didn't do it, and was saddened by her death). They worked a bit too tense, but not much, there was friction there, I think? But also, this was before Morrison's Jason.

I guess we will know, eventually, where she stands with current Jason now.
    Last edited by Zaresh; 01-31-2022 at 09:44 AM.

[center]Without a doubt, I'd be interested. Always found Jason's mystical side quite fascinating, so can't fathom the hesitation among the bigwigs.
    Maybe TPTB are just worried there might be backlash from those who still remember The Punisher becoming a supernatural demon-slayer (LOL):
    I don't think DC have nearly enough foresight to worry if they might receive similar backlash as Punisher had with that run. It's not that DC won't allow mystical elements, it was brought up plenty of times in RHATO. I think it's the same problem it always is with Jason, an utter lack of creativity and effort from writers to view Jason beyond the most surface level description. Otherwise, with his reputation, I think a deeper exploration into spiritualism, the supernatural, magic and/or the occult could be interesting for Jason, it may even open the pathway into being able to interact with more 'magic and/or mystical' characters like Constantine, Zatanna, Deadman, Traci thirteen, Jason Blood, Black Alice, etc... Though personally my hope was always for a reunion with Death herself.
    Last edited by RedBird; 01-31-2022 at 01:01 PM.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by RedBird View Post
    I don't think DC have nearly enough foresight to worry if they might receive similar backlash as Punisher had with that run. It's not that DC won't allow mystical elements, it was brought up plenty of times in RHATO. I think it's the same problem it always is with Jason, an utter lack of creativity and effort from writers to view Jason beyond the most surface level description. Otherwise, with his reputation, I think a deeper exploration into spiritualism, the supernatural, magic and/or the occult could be interesting for Jason, it may even open the pathway into being able to interact with more 'magic and/or mystical' characters like Constantine, Zatanna, Deadman, Traci thirteen, Jason Blood, Black Alice, etc... Though personally my hope was always for a reunion with Death herself.
    It has also the benefit that if you have Jason go up against Demons, Vampires, Ghosts, Zombies and other mystical horrors the whole "Doing what needs to be done" would be more acceptable without him coming in conflict with the rest of the Batfamily.
    And in that corner of the DCU you have in general a lot morally grey characters.

It has also the benefit that if you have Jason go up against Demons, Vampires, Ghosts, Zombies and other mystical horrors the whole "Doing what needs to be done" would be more acceptable without him coming in conflict with the rest of the Batfamily.
    And in that corner of the DCU you have in general a lot morally grey characters.
    Reminds me. I've come across a fanfic that puts Jason into Justice League Dark after Outlaws Rebirth ended, and it includes the All-Caste and such. Only a couple chapters so far, but it seems promising.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dark_Tzitzimine View Post
    Would be fun if that was the advice that would actually work in the end

This is so cool! How old is Jason here?

And looking at some art, he has a white streak in his hair. Why does he have that ?