Page 8 of 77 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121858 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Marko Lane View Post
    This is so cool! How old is Jason here?

And looking at some art, he has a white streak in his hair. Why does he have that ?
    13 years old most probably, I think.
    It's been a thing on and off in the comics. In the main universe timeline, only the fake Jason had it in Hush if I remember right. But he has had it in several alternate futures and alternate realities. In Future State he has it, as he has it too, in the Wayne Family webtoon, and some other works.

Quote Originally Posted by Zaresh View Post
    13 years old most probably, I think.
    It's been a thing on and off in the comics. In the main universe timeline, only the fake Jason had it in Hush if I remember right. But he has had it in several alternate futures and alternate realities. In Future State he has it, as he has it too, in the Wayne Family webtoon, and some other works.
    Great, thank you
    Haven't read Hush in quite a while, so I will do that

I've finished reading a few nice fics in the past months. I'll post links and info tomorrow or the day after.

In the meantime, this is the link to the Future State Gotham 10 preview that Hypo posted in its out thread a few days ago.

Anyone of you collecting fanarts that would want to share here? We used to have plenty of people posting new arts (lined to their artists) but it's been a while since we had a round of them.
    Last edited by Zaresh; 02-05-2022 at 09:51 PM.

Here I go, with a small round of fics:

This Should (not) Have Been a Love Story by @jayhood. Bruce is "dead", and no one else in the fam knows Red Hood is a resurrected Jason. They find Bruce's will and think he has a ship going on with his somewhat now-friendly rogue, the Red Hood. They just had a father-son relationship, but misunderstandings and stuff, you know. Then, Dick decides to come to him for helping out the family. It's an enjoyable read even if the end leaves you with a bitter taste. It has some funny moments because Jason's such a tease; but overall, it still is solid drama with themes about trust and messed parenting with Bruce (you know, the usual). No Ships so far, and aimed for teen audiences.

Watery Grave, by @Lingeringwill. Jason gets knocked unconscious and thrown into the water. He gets a brand-new near death experience and a whole lot of water in his lungs. It's a classic sickfic: a short but nice read. General audience aimed, no ships.

Intense, Desperate Loyalty, by @SecurityNotebook. Jason witnesses how the Court kidnaps Dick. Well, he notices him disappearing out of nowhere when he just saw him a few seconds before. And starts investigating his disappearance. It's a pretty good story. Full thriller drama, no ships, nothing romantic. And it says mature oriented in the tags, but I thin it's mostly safe for teenagers: just the usual violence and gore that you find in the comics as far as I recall.

hc svnt dracones (read it as: hic sunt dracones), by @element78. This one got me really hocked. It's an alternat universe in which there're dragon-shifting hybrid humans. The bats are all dragons, but Jason isn't a bat. It's sort of a what if Jason wasn't adopted by them and growing like a mostly plain civilian, alongside a mixture of these fantasy elements with Bruce as a pretty dead and confirmed dead character and Dick stepping in to cover for him. It's definitely mature oriented by the intense violence and drama. it's also romance, with JayDick shipping. And has some really awesome written action on it.

All Good Things, by @pudding_bretzel. Jason listened to Ducra and stayed with the All Caste instead of returning to Gotham. But after the caste is wiped out and he hears news of the Red Hood terrorizing his hometown, he can't escape the pull of his past anymore. He goes back to Gotham after several years to find some supernatural being that's pretending to be himself: he goes to hunt and kill it. And gets into conflict with the bats. It's a great read, a pretty a pretty solid action drama with heavy supernatural elements on it. It's teen aimed and has no ships at all.

the bird, the fog, the mist, by @bacondoughnut. Jason Todd returns to Gotham with a foolproof plan, to kill the Joker and protect the city as the Red Hood in a way that Batman never could. But when he gets there he makes one major decision that's not a part of the plan. He goes home. This one is an angst fest with a (for me) rather out of character Jason. But it's a very nice read about Jason return to Gotham and his revenge and what's not. It's about him reconciling with his family and himself, and his trauma. No ships, teen audience aimed.

How Fine You Look When Dressed In Rage, by @ebjameston. This fic is about to end soon, just a chapter more and it's a finished work. The story goes as follow: Jason comes back to Gotham and when he's about to start with his plan he fins out that someone's been dealing with the big bads, killing them or making them disappear. So he decids to stop and be just the crime-lord-vigilante that the Red Hood is meant to be. This change a few months in when two things happen: first of, Talia contacts with him for suppling support to Deathstroke and his new sidekick into their one-time operation. Then, Tim Drake, the current Robin, contacts him and tells Jason about Dick disappearance. With While Bruce's deals with some heavy hallucinations and goes all broody and dificult. It's a pretty good fic and I'm also really caught with this one. It's mature, with the usual violence that's on the fics, but some implications that're kinda kinky. It also depicts no ships. Edited: Nevermind. It's just something brotherly.

And this is all I have for now.
    Last edited by Zaresh; 02-12-2022 at 12:12 PM.

All Good Things is one I've been following. Others, I kind of look at and either drop, or its not really something to mention.

Task Force Z just got contradicted by The Joker. Bane's alive - so he can't be a zombie!
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Task Force Z just got contradicted by The Joker. Bane's alive - so he can't be a zombie!
    Weird.
    Joker happens before TFZ, I think. I mean, Rosenberg is involved in both books, right? It would be weird if he contradicted in one work what happens in the other, I think.

Astonishing Member Dark_Tzitzimine's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Zaresh View Post
    Weird.
    Joker happens before TFZ, I think. I mean, Rosenberg is involved in both books, right? It would be weird if he contradicted in one work what happens in the other, I think.
    Joker is by Tynion but he's supposed to be the one heading the Batman line so...

Quote Originally Posted by Dark_Tzitzimine View Post
    Joker is by Tynion but he's supposed to be the one heading the Batman line so...
    But Tynion left / is leaving and he was writing this ongoing alongside Rosenberg here and there before that (besides the DC vs Vampires series). They were working together to some degree. Or at least that's what I understood by what news and interviews told.

Astonishing Member Dark_Tzitzimine's Avatar

No, Joker was all Tynion and even if he's leaving, when this issue was written he was still the one calling the shots. Right now the one in charge is Williamson.

Quote Originally Posted by Dark_Tzitzimine View Post
    No, Joker was all Tynion and even if he's leaving, when this issue was written he was still the one calling the shots. Right now the one in charge is Williamson.
    I guess I mixed books then :/.

Astonishing Member OopsIdiditagain's Avatar

Am I the only one who thinks Artemis is better love interest for Jason than Rose?
    december 21st has passed where are my superpowers?

Quote Originally Posted by OopsIdiditagain View Post
    Am I the only one who thinks Artemis is better love interest for Jason than Rose?
    No, you're not.

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Yeah and Nocturna is in the mini Arkham City - The Order of the World but she is also a prisoner of Amanda Waller in Suicide Squad.
    They just don't care....

Astonishing Member Darkspellmaster's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by OopsIdiditagain View Post
    Wait? What? Since when is Rose going after Jason as a love interest?