Page 9 of 77 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131959 ... LastLast

I don't dislike the idea of Rose and Jason (and also quite like her individually), it just needs to be properly developed, which it hasn't so far and any instance of them together seems mostly driven by synergy with Titans.

But yeah, him with Artemis was great. I don't even know what she's actually up to these days.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkspellmaster View Post
    Wait? What? Since when is Rose going after Jason as a love interest?
    There's been a recent "push" recently, but it's very minimal and kinda casual: they were an item in Future State and, in the main continuity, their relationship was hinted at in Robin (the issue where all the Robins show up iirc). There might be more that I can't remember right now.

It's not entirely new in any case, as I think it was said, during N52, that they had been involved when they briefly clash. Then, there's the Titans show, yeah, but I don't even know if Rose's still in it.
    Quote Originally Posted by K7P5V View Post
    I know, right?! Even though it was a complete fake-out, I still like the Jim Lee version from Batman: Hush

Very late reply, but yeah, Hush Jason (specifically by Lee) is my favourite design for him along with the Rebirth one, both in terms of the outfit and his build/face/hair. I hope there's a skin like that in Gotham Knights, but I think we won't get helmet-less Jason in there (outside of the Belfry portions).
    Last edited by CorDaytona; 02-09-2022 at 05:39 AM.

There's the DCeased thing with Rose and Jason too. They were an item in there, too.

Even with the previous tease during New52, it's mostly a ship that started happening after the Titans show. I guess there's someone in DC who is a shipper.

But you can say the same about several ships that have happened lately, like Babs.

Rose is the one for Williamson, it seems. Unless Hunter Panic is a potential one instead of a protegee of Jason in FS. Which I think she won't be: she's his Lady Hawkeye, a younger partner (not a sidekick)
    Last edited by Zaresh; 02-09-2022 at 08:43 AM.

Astonishing Member Dark_Tzitzimine's Avatar

Robins #5 got released on the DC Universe App and it was strange. Racer Jason turned out to be an illusion created by Jenny Wrex based on what she wanted the Robins to believe is what Bruce thought they would be if they never became Robins.

Well, Future State Gotham is still the same, pretty okay, kind of wish they kept the outfit from the first few issues though. Aside from the helmet (the one element that didn't change between outfits, figures) I liked the first 'Hunter' uniform, biker aesthetic, way more than this 'Peacekeeper' costume.

Titans United somehow continues to be the better Titans book, and this week there's some fun tension between Jason and Conner, a sort of strange payoff and parallel to the tension they had in the first issue.

Heads up, there was a cameo of Young Jason, both in and out of the Robin costume in the backup story for Detective Comics 1052, the 'House of Gotham' story by Rosenberg. Nothing super substantial, but I'm always happy to see more of young Jason, especially doing some detective work and trying to help, it used to be such a rarity to see him outside of the context of DITF flashbacks.

Also the latest free episode of Batman: WFA is pretty cute and pretty funny as well, check it out. Also shout out to the artist for providing accurate height Jason, the superior Jason.
    Last edited by RedBird; 02-10-2022 at 05:38 AM.

Wayne Family, as usual, is a pleasant read.
    Can't say the same about Robins. Issue 4 was ok, but issue 5 has too many issues for me, because its pacing in between pages, the too convoluted way it tells the story, because it's too wordy (issue 4 had this problem too) and because I have a few problems with the logic behind every choice for their path in that game with messy, vague rules. It was pretty weak for me.
    And once again, I loved Future State Gotham 10. I wish it was at least every two weeks instead of once a month. It's a fun not-manga.

Ah! Right. I read that House of Gotham story too. A nice one. I wonder if it's going to matter for the main story in future issues. I mean, alright; apparently DCU is a continuity mess right now, every writer does as they please. But this is the backup flashback series for the current main story arc in 'Tec; I would expect it to play a big part into the main story and be securely connected (and as I suspected, this kid's story mirrors Jason's to some degree).
    Last edited by Zaresh; 02-26-2022 at 08:28 AM.

Fantastic Member

Hello everyone, I'm doing my bi-yearly "I'm gonna try to sit down and read and catch up on comics" thing.

I found this reading order for Jason Todd and was curious about something.
    https://www.comicbooktreasury.com/ja...reading-order/

it sys some things are optional but it doesn't say Robin: Search for a Hero is optional. Is that worth reading or just skip that?

Extraordinary Member

Personally I would nothing between Green Arrow (Vol. 3) #69-72 and the new 52 is really worth reading. The stories are all pretty bad, Jasons acts imo pretty out of character (at with how he was written in the new 52), and nothing that happened there has really been relevant post flashpoint.

Countdown to Final Crisis is a mess and pretty long. (But the At4W-Review is quite entertaining.)

Robin: Search for a Hero is the prelude for "Battle for the Cowl".

"Battle for the Cowl" is pretty bad story and has Jason a the crazy main villain.

And "Batman and Robin" made Jason a Red Head, gave him a really terrible costume and used him mostly to make Dick look good.

Btw. "Nightwing: Brothers in Blood" is also infamously bad.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Aahz View Post
    Personally I would nothing between Green Arrow (Vol. 3) #69-72 and the new 52 is really worth reading. The stories are all pretty bad, Jasons acts imo pretty out of character (at with how he was written in the new 52), and nothing that happened there has really been relevant post flashpoint.

Countdown to Final Crisis is a mess and pretty long. (But the At4W-Review is quite entertaining.)

Robin: Search for a Hero is the prelude for "Battle for the Cowl".

"Battle for the Cowl" is pretty bad story and has Jason a the crazy main villain.

And "Batman and Robin" made Jason a Red Head, gave him a really terrible costume and used him mostly to make Dick look good.

Btw. "Nightwing: Brothers in Blood" is also infamously bad.
    Gotcha... Battle for the Cowl sounded interesting, too so that's disappointing.

So should I just go straight from his new origin stories in Under the Red Hood and Lost Days to Outlaws? I got all these already, I just need to sit down and read 'em.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by NK1988 View Post
    That's my personal opinion, other's might see that differently.

But I also don't really know how much you really get out of these books without reading a lot of other Batman and Batfamily titles from that era.

Thing is that pre flashpoint Jason is usually the antagonist of the stories (only exceptions are Countdown and Lost Days), so when you get these books you are basically reading one arc of an ongoing staring Dick or Tim, and since it has been a while that I read those stories I'm not really sure how self contained they are.

So should I just go straight from his new origin stories in Under the Red Hood and Lost Days to Outlaws? I got all these already, I just need to sit down and read 'em.
    The Green Arrow Story is imo fun but not that important in the grand scheme of things.

Unless you are really interested in Grant Morrison Era Batman I think Under the Red Hood and Lost Days are really the only must reads (even Lost Days also not really lining up with post Flash point continuity).

Battle for the Cowl did no one except Dick any favors. Everyone was out of character to varying degrees. With Jason and Damian being the most OOC of everyone (and even Babs got an innocent girl eaten by Killer Croc).

Though, Countdown to Final Crisis did have Jason, Donna Troy, and Kyle Rayner team up, making for some interesting moments.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post
    Though, Countdown to Final Crisis did have Jason, Donna Troy, and Kyle Rayner team up, making for some interesting moments.
    I actually think that the first few issue of Count Down are pretty fun, but overall the thing is to messy, I don't really think the few nice moments are not really worth buying and reading almost 60 issues.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post
    I actually think that the first few issue of Count Down are pretty fun, but overall the thing is to messy, I don't really think the few nice moments are not really worth buying and reading almost 60 issues.
    Completely understandable.
    But, I do agree about those moments among the trinity of Jason/Donna/Kyle being quite interesting (however few & far between they may be).

Still, no matter what, I'll always believe Challengers From Beyond has potential (XD)

Last edited by K7P5V; 02-14-2022 at 04:12 AM. Reason: Added Clarification.

Extraordinary Member

Suicide Squad: Get Joker got pushed back to April 19th.

https://bleedingcool.com/comics/suic...ore-dc-delays/

Astonishing Member Dark_Tzitzimine's Avatar

Suicide Squad: Get Joker got pushed back to April 19th.

https://bleedingcool.com/comics/suic...ore-dc-delays/
    Man, I don't think Get Joker is ever getting finished. I wonder what is causing so many issues.

Quote Originally Posted by K7P5V View Post
    Completely understandable.
    But, I do agree about those moments among the trinity of Jason/Donna/Kyle being quite interesting (however few & far between they may be).

Still, no matter what, I'll always believe Challengers From Beyond has potential (XD)

Countdown to Final Crisis is worth a read if only because is the first time that DC actually took seriously the idea of redeeming Jason. He got a proper character arc where he came to terms with his shortcoming and managed to mend his relationship with Bruce in some way. Of course, everything went to hell when they realized Morrison wouldn't play ball and they unceremoniously backpedaled everything in the final issues so it wouldn't contradict Morrison that much.

Oh and if you guys like Arkham Knight version of Jason, McFarlane just announced he's coming to the Multiverse Line. Is pretty good for a $20 figure.

I don't understand this mentality where fans try to ignore certain stories just because your favourite doesn't come out looking perfect. Jason fans do this more so than other batfamily fans I've noticed and I wonder why.

Battle for the Cowl

Batman and Robin

Brothers in Blood Are all canon. Imagine if fans of all the other Robins/characters decided to pick and choose their canon? It's pathetic.

Jason has so little actual lore and you guys are so quick to ditch a sizeable chunk of the little he does have because a murderer was shown to be a murderer or because he wasn't drawn as sexy as some of his fans would like.

The shallowness of it all. I guess some can only support idealised characters.

Ignoring those stories doesn't stop them being Canon so what's the point.