Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Default Sensation Comics Featuring Wonder Woman #3 Discussion Thread

Now this is what I'm talking about. A fun story with very good dialogues. And I think it's clear that it's from the New 52 (Circe mentioning Superman and all)

I loved how she said "oh hades" like "oh hell". It's actually pretty cliche, but I think I've never saw her saying it before

I have a problem with it though. Cat Staggs' art doesn't work for action scenes. I couldn't understand 80% of what was happening in the action sequences. Specially because it lacks a movement between panels. And the backgrounds are really poor. I guess she could do a better work, though. And the panels with poses are good.

8/10 for the story, but I think it would fell to 7/10 really considering those problems with the art.
    Last edited by Vonter Voman; 08-28-2014 at 01:53 PM.

Extraordinary Member Vanguard-01's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vonter Voman View Post
    Now this is what I'm talking about. A fun story with very good dialogues. And I think it's clear that it's from the New 52 (Circe mentioning Superman and all)

I loved how she said "oh hades" like "oh hell". It's actually pretty cliche, but I think I've never saw her saying it before

I have a problem with it though. Cat Staggs' art doesn't work for action scenes. I couldn't understand 80% of what was happening in the action sequences. Specially because it lacks a movement between panels. And the backgrounds are really poor. I guess she could do a better work, though. And the panels with poses are good.

8/10 for the story, but I think it would fell to 7/10 really considering those problems with the art.
    THIS should have been the debut of this new book!

Such a great showing for Diana! She took on one of her OWN rogues, beat her without even being TEMPTED to kill her, and then that scene with that kid was just one of the most heartwarming comic book moments I've seen in a long time.

I agree with you about the art. It's not the best action I've ever seen. But Diana was absolutely mesmerizing in this issue.

I'd give the it a 9/10 over all. Better action-art, and it would've been perfect.
    Though much is taken, much abides; and though
    We are not now that strength which in old days
    Moved earth and heaven, that which we are, we are,
    One equal temper of heroic hearts,
    Made weak by time and fate, but strong in will
    To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield.

--Lord Alfred Tennyson--

Extraordinary Member Dr. Poison's Avatar

I have mixed feelings about this story. Here's what I liked:

- Diana in Washington D.C.
    - Circe's back in a pretty cool new costume. I miss the purple hair though.
    - Diana used her bracelets and lasso instead of a sword.
    - Diana seemed in-character to me.

What I didn't care for:

- The art seemed "muddy" and lacking essential details in a lot of panels. There were also some panels where Diana's face looked deformed.
    - How the heck did Diana break her unbreakable lasso? Major continuity glitch here if this story is really set in the New 52.

7/10
    Currently(or soon to be) Reading: Absolute Power, Batman/Superman: World's Finest, Birds of Prey, Green Arrow, Green Lantern, Justice Society of America, Shazam, Titans, & Wonder Woman.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Poison View Post
    - How the heck did Diana break her unbreakable lasso? Major continuity glitch here if this story is really set in the New 52.
    On this one? My guess is that the Lasso can be broken if Diana wills it. It's like a special function of the Lasso that she can invoke at will.

The Lasso can't be broken by main force, but if Diana, as it's mistress, wishes to make a gift of a piece of it? She can.

--Lord Alfred Tennyson--

Extraordinary Member Dr. Poison's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vanguard-01 View Post
    On this one? My guess is that the Lasso can be broken if Diana wills it. It's like a special function of the Lasso that she can invoke at will.

The Lasso can't be broken by main force, but if Diana, as it's mistress, wishes to make a gift of a piece of it? She can.

Nice theory. If the writer had mentioned something like that in the story, I'd be ok with it but to just leave it vague, raises questions.
    Currently(or soon to be) Reading: Absolute Power, Batman/Superman: World's Finest, Birds of Prey, Green Arrow, Green Lantern, Justice Society of America, Shazam, Titans, & Wonder Woman.

BANNED

the art was kinda meh but overall this issue was a BIG improvement over the last two issues. the scene at the end was less in your face and played out more natural. and most importantly, no monolouges. also a ww classic villian in ww book post reboot? yeah buddy 8/10

I loved Circe's look but the story itself was pretty blase.

Nice theory. If the writer had mentioned something like that in the story, I'd be ok with it but to just leave it vague, raises questions.
    Eh.

This is another case where the writer doesn't really think it needed an explanation. The Lasso is unbreakable. If Diana can break off pieces of it, it stands to reason that she must know some way it can be done.

--Lord Alfred Tennyson--

I was wondering how the hell the last scenes would fit into the story (having already seen one page on the internet), and then the metatextuality fitted perfectly. Pretty cool.

Didn't like the art either, and the Lasso bit was sentimental and nice, but I seriously don't like the idea of the Lasso being able to be broken for any reason. But overall this issue was a HUGE improvement over the first two installments ... But why couldn't Diana fly?

BANNED

i'm surprised no one brought up the marston nod after diana beats cirque, especially considering a certain thread that shall not be named lol

Quote Originally Posted by kidstandout View Post
    i'm surprised no one brought up the marston nod after diana beats cirque, especially considering a certain thread that shall not be named lol
    I giggled when I read that bit ... Love the reference to bondage

...and it's not rope. Does anyone realize it's not rope?

Plus "unbreakable" means just that.... challk that up to laziness, despite the really lovely outcome of the story....

This should have been the first issue. It perfectly explains Wonder Woman, she is tough and can take down an enemy but she has so much compassion and love. The art was a bit muddy but overall I didn't mind it. Seeing her rip off a piece of the lasso was weird considering it isn't rope... but if anyone can rip the lasso, it's Diana. The last few pages really put a smile on my face, I was that little boy. So nice to read.

I'm...not sure if I like the art or not, I guess I like the style, but some parts seem a bit shoddy, especially the fight scenes.

But this story was very nice! It really should have been the first issue.

Wait, her lasso isn't a rope? I didn't know that, then what is it?