View Poll Results: Who is your favorite Blue Beetle!?

Voters
59. You may not vote on this poll
  • Dan Garrett

1 1.69%
  • Ted Kord

32 54.24%
  • Jaime Reyes

26 44.07%
Page 15 of 16 FirstFirst ... 5111213141516 LastLast
    Eye-rolling bajuszbetyár The Invincible Beawulf's Avatar

Ted Kord/Blue Beetle II in Batman/Superman: World's Finest #8

BL and comics fan. 🌈 ----- For those saying BL is "pandering to fujos! Too girly! It's fetishization!!!" --> https://www.fujoshi.info/ (a website with academic resources on Queer Media Studies in Asia and LGBTQIA+ history)

The queer body has been used as a battleground, has been criminalized, ostracized, and many times erased from their own histories. -- Alesha Byrne (University of San Francisco)

Mora is worth all the hype. I've yet to see a character he hasn't drawn well.

Quote Originally Posted by The Invincible Beawulf View Post
    Ted Kord/Blue Beetle II in Batman/Superman: World's Finest #8

Waid keeps delivering .

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
    Mora is worth all the hype. I've yet to see a character he hasn't drawn well.
    His art just satisfies my eyes, there's no other way I can really explain it.
    Reading List (Super behind but reading them nonetheless):
    DC: Currently figuring that out
    Marvel: Read above
    Image: Killadelphia, Nightmare Blog
    Other: The Antagonist, Something is Killing the Children, Avatar: TLAB
    Manga: My Hero Academia, MHA: Vigilanties, Soul Eater: the Perfect Edition, Berserk, Hunter X Hunter, Witch Hat Atelier, Kaiju No. 8

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

Blue Beetle had another test screening recently:

"#TestScreening Alert!

#BlueBeetle had its test screening at the WB lot y'day, and the immediate consensus was that the majority of the audience absolutely loved @angelmanuelsoto's live-action version. Apparently @Xolo_Mariduena doesn't miss a beat, and absolutely kills it."

"#BlueBeetle TestScreening update: 1/2
    - The entire cast does an awesome job! Especially Xolo Mariduena & Belissa Escobedo, who plays Xolo's sis.
    - The audience loved the sweet,comedy-filled family dynamic of the 'Reyes family'.
    - Almost 30% of the film is in Spanish with subs."

"#BlueBeetle Test Screening update: 2/2
    - Susan Sarandon nails the villainous role as Victoria Kord.
    - George Lopez as Uncle Rudy & Adriana Barraza as the Grandma have lot of great comedic scenes, which were loved.
    Verdict: The audience totally loved DC's first Latino superhero."

https://twitter.com/UndercoverCine/s...77972515549185

"All of this matches what I've heard about BLUE BEETLE. The main thing is that audiences love Xolo and the family. It looks to be a big crowdpleaser."

https://twitter.com/ViewerAnon/statu...33280819216389

"(Bruna Marquezine's role) She's Ted Kord's daughter, Jaime's love interest, and the reason he gets the blue beetle. I should probably say scarab but you know what I mean"

https://twitter.com/ViewerAnon/statu...42045929000961
    Last edited by Last Son of Krypton; 10-20-2022 at 12:54 PM.

Vieweranon apparently says the film is a mix of Iron Man and Spiderverse, which to me sounds like a really good movie!! I can’t wait! Thankfully it has a 120M budget so it’s can easily make a profit and get a sequel
    Done with DC. Can't handle the constant whiplash! Time to go on a hiatus!

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post

"(Bruna Marquezine's role) She's Ted Kord's daughter, Jaime's love interest, and the reason he gets the blue beetle. I should probably say scarab but you know what I mean"

https://twitter.com/ViewerAnon/statu...42045929000961[/I]
    The plot thickens! Could her role have been revealed? That could be a good way, story wise, for Jaime to get pulled into the Kord family business and end up with the scarab. Maybe Victoria Kord is her evil stepmom who is trying to take over Kord Industries after Ted’s death but Penny should be the rightful heir.

I say stepmom because I’m not sure if the character ages match up. Penny will probably be about 18 which would mean Sarandon’s character would have to have had her when she was in her 50s.
    Last edited by Robotman; 10-22-2022 at 04:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post
    Blue Beetle had another test screening recently:

"#TestScreening Alert!

#BlueBeetle had its test screening at the WB lot y'day, and the immediate consensus was that the majority of the audience absolutely loved @angelmanuelsoto's live-action version. Apparently @Xolo_Mariduena doesn't miss a beat, and absolutely kills it."

"#BlueBeetle TestScreening update: 1/2
    - The entire cast does an awesome job! Especially Xolo Mariduena & Belissa Escobedo, who plays Xolo's sis.
    - The audience loved the sweet,comedy-filled family dynamic of the 'Reyes family'.
    - Almost 30% of the film is in Spanish with subs."

"#BlueBeetle Test Screening update: 2/2
    - Susan Sarandon nails the villainous role as Victoria Kord.
    - George Lopez as Uncle Rudy & Adriana Barraza as the Grandma have lot of great comedic scenes, which were loved.
    Verdict: The audience totally loved DC's first Latino superhero."

https://twitter.com/UndercoverCine/s...77972515549185

"All of this matches what I've heard about BLUE BEETLE. The main thing is that audiences love Xolo and the family. It looks to be a big crowdpleaser."

https://twitter.com/ViewerAnon/statu...42045929000961
    Sounds kind of like Ant-Man. But nice to see the audience loved it .

Extraordinary Member

Hopefully we can get a look at the film soon, Kinda wish it wasnt behind so many others

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    The plot thickens! Could her role have been revealed? That could be a good way, story wise, for Jaime to get pulled into the Kord family business and end up with the scarab. Maybe Victoria Kord is her evil stepmom who is trying to take over Kord Industries after Ted’s death but Penny should be the rightful heir.

I say stepmom because I’m not sure if the character ages match up. Penny will probably be about 18 which would mean Sarandon’s character would have to have had her when she was in her 50s.

Interesting indeed! This would be a good way to link the two Beetles while still having this by Jaime's story. This sounds like it could be going the route of basically having Marquezine be like "Brenda," and Victoria Kord like "La Dama." Victoria could easily be an aunt, like Ted's sister, or a cousin. That comment does NOT say she is Marquezine's mom, so...
    And it gives an option to explore a "maybe Ted's NOT dead" in a later movie. *crosses fingers*

Quote Originally Posted by Eskana View Post
    Interesting indeed! This would be a good way to link the two Beetles while still having this by Jaime's story. This sounds like it could be going the route of basically having Marquezine be like "Brenda," and Victoria Kord like "La Dama." Victoria could easily be an aunt, like Ted's sister, or a cousin. That comment does NOT say she is Marquezine's mom, so...
    And it gives an option to explore a "maybe Ted's NOT dead" in a later movie. *crosses fingers*
    Some fans are hoping/speculating that Fire will end up being the mom of Jenny.

Quote Originally Posted by El_Gato View Post
    Some fans are hoping/speculating that Fire will end up being the mom of Jenny.

That would be interesting... I mean, Ted and Fire were a couple in Convergence (for the whole two issues of the JLI version) but I was interesting in seeing more. Not that fan speculation is reliable... or even if they showed up, it would be that reliable of a showcase for either.

Although, I have wondered why they haven't had Fire in any of the CW shows or whatnot. After all, she is Latina. They wouldn't even have to raceswap. And she has cool green fire powers, and can do just about everything with her model/spy/superhero background.

Quote Originally Posted by Eskana View Post
    That would be interesting... I mean, Ted and Fire were a couple in Convergence (for the whole two issues of the JLI version) but I was interesting in seeing more. Not that fan speculation is reliable... or even if they showed up, it would be that reliable of a showcase for either.

Although, I have wondered why they haven't had Fire in any of the CW shows or whatnot. After all, she is Latina. They wouldn't even have to raceswap. And she has cool green fire powers, and can do just about everything with her model/spy/superhero background.
    She was in that Powerless show.

So I hear the new Blue Beetle series, Graduation Day is off to a strong start! I myself can’t read it until Friday but I genuinely can’t wait! Been a while since we’ve had a good Jaime series (New 52 was meh and Rebirth was boring up until the last 6 issues).

Quote Originally Posted by El_Gato View Post
    So I hear the new Blue Beetle series, Graduation Day is off to a strong start! I myself can’t read it until Friday but I genuinely can’t wait! Been a while since we’ve had a good Jaime series (New 52 was meh and Rebirth was boring up until the last 6 issues).
    Glad to hear it .