View Poll Results: Who is your favorite Blue Beetle!?

Voters
59. You may not vote on this poll
  • Dan Garrett

1 1.69%
  • Ted Kord

32 54.24%
  • Jaime Reyes

26 44.07%
Page 7 of 16 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 ... LastLast
    Near Long Island. No Circus Pizza, though.

Jaime is hot (I'm 19.)

I can't wait for the movie. Next year, right?
    STAS apologist, New 52 apologist, writer of several DC fan projects.

August solits have a Blue Beetle Giffen/Rogers collection.

BLUE BEETLE: JAIME REYES BOOK ONE
    Written by KEITH GIFFEN and JOHN ROGERS
    Art by CULLY HAMNER, DUNCAN ROULEAU, RAFAEL ALBUQUERQUE, and others
    Cover by CULLY HAMNER
    $29.99 US | 296 pages | 6 5/8" x 10 3/16" | Softcover
    ISBN: 978-1-77951-506-3
    ON SALE 9/6/22
    High school student Jaime Reyes is thrust into the life of a hero after an encounter with extraterrestrial armor transforms him into the Blue Beetle! What is the armor's true purpose, and what evils will our planet face if Jaime isn't strong enough to use the armor correctly? Find out in Blue Beetle: Jaime Reyes Book One, collecting Blue Beetle #1-12.

I swear, trying to get Jaime content from DC over the last few years has been like pulling teeth. Hopefully we get some more appearances in the coming year.

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post

Cover by CULLY HAMNER
    ON SALE 9/6/22
    High school student Jaime Reyes is thrust into the life of a hero after an encounter with extraterrestrial armor transforms him into the Blue Beetle! What is the armor's true purpose, and what evils will our planet face if Jaime isn't strong enough to use the armor correctly? Find out in Blue Beetle: Jaime Reyes Book One, collecting Blue Beetle #1-12.

I swear, trying to get Jaime content from DC over the last few years has been like pulling teeth. Hopefully we get some more appearances in the coming year.
    Well it seems like they’re collecting his original run and we do have Graduation to look forward to, but I’m also hoping we get another solo series to go along with his film. Jaime is so close to 100 issues lol
    Done with DC. Can't handle the constant whiplash! Time to go on a hiatus!

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Icefan View Post
    *sigh*

Well, I'm fully expecting they'll throw in that heart condition bullshit now.
    Sadly they probably might

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post

Cover by CULLY HAMNER
    ON SALE 9/6/22

Cool collection .

We should be getting some movie news this week, according to a scooper (Lizzie), who was the first one to report about the villains of the film, which turned out correct. They’re also filming outside (saw pics of a bus split in half). My guess is either a suit reveal or a Ted Kord casting.

By the way, the Golden Age version of Blue Beetle (the Fox Comics / Dan Garret <with only one "t"> version) got a cameo in Earth-Prime: Stargirl #4 recently:

And the kid-sidekick would appear to be "Sparky", introduced when Holyoke was publishing the comic book (not Fox).

Has he ever been a JSA member before. If not, it's a smart thing to do in the Arrowverse, even if it's just the comic and not the TV show. Dan always feels completely isolated from the other Golden Age heroes and I presumed that's mostly because he's not really connected to that JSA generation since obviously he was originally created in another company. If he was connected to the JSA, maybe they'd start acknowledging him more often like here.
    Last edited by Johnny; 05-23-2022 at 01:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
    Has he ever been a JSA member before. If not, it's a smart thing to do in the Arrowverse, even if it's just the comic and not the TV show. Dan always feels completely isolated from the other Golden Age heroes and I presumed that's mostly because he's not really connected to that JSA generation since obviously he was originally created in another company. If he was connected to the JSA, maybe they'd start acknowledging him more often like here.
    As far as I'm aware, DC never really used the Golden Age version of Dan Garret before, who wasn't an archeologist in his civilian identity but was a police officer.

It was Charlton Comics that later changed Dan Garrett into an archeologist and hooked him up with Ted Kord. And DC acquired Blue Beetle from Charlton.

Extraordinary Member Dr. Poison's Avatar

I like them all but Jamie is my favorite.
    Currently(or soon to be) Reading: Alan Scott: Green Lantern, Batman/Superman: World's Finest, Fire & Ice: Welcome to Smallville, Green Arrow, Green Lantern, Jay Garrick: The Flash, Justice Society of America, Power Girl, Superman, Shazam, Titans, Wesley Dodds: Sandman, Wonder Woman, & World's Finest: Teen Titans.

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    By the way, the Golden Age version of Blue Beetle (the Fox Comics / Dan Garret <with only one "t"> version) got a cameo in Earth-Prime: Stargirl #4 recently:

And the kid-sidekick would appear to be "Sparky", introduced when Holyoke was publishing the comic book (not Fox).
    Wow! All this time I never knew Dan had a sidekick.

Bring back Sparky!

Quote Originally Posted by El_Gato View Post
    Not bad casting if we are going for a Ted whose been around a while, I could see him hanging out with Booster Gold
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

That’s pretty good casting. I love Sudeikis.

So I’m guessing Susan Sarandon is not playing his wife as she’s about 20 years older than Jason. Maybe she’s his aunt and a stand in for Uncle Jarvis.

If the Jaime movie doesn’t work out WB now has a backup plan with a charismatic actor cast as Ted. A Blue and Gold movie could be on the way.

Hmm...I'm not sure I see him as a Superhero but personality-wise I think he fits Ted.