View Poll Results: Who is your favorite Blue Beetle!?

Voters
59. You may not vote on this poll
  • Dan Garrett

1 1.69%
  • Ted Kord

32 54.24%
  • Jaime Reyes

26 44.07%
Page 10 of 16 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha View Post
    The scarab seems way too big though, doesn't it? It's the size of a backpack. How does Jamie hide it when he's out of tye suit? Or does it shrink when he's normal?
    It shrinks down. Pretty sure the scarab has always looked like that. Looked like that in Young Justice and Injustice 2,
    Done with DC. Can't handle the constant whiplash! Time to go on a hiatus!

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha View Post
    The scarab seems way too big though, doesn't it? It's the size of a backpack. How does Jamie hide it when he's out of tye suit? Or does it shrink when he's normal?
    Nope. It looks exactly how it looks in the comics. You should check out Jaime's original Blue Beetle series. It's a great series and you'll see that this costume is absolutely perfect. Yes the scarab is fused to his spine and shrinks when he's not BB.

I hope we get some footage at Fandome, assuming we have one!

Quote Originally Posted by Restingvoice View Post
    The suit looks amazing, the actor's so good looking
    I love it. I love it.
    I feel like Jaime is gonna get a book drawn by Travis Moore around movie release to make him look more like Xolo.

Quote Originally Posted by Confuzzled View Post
    I feel like Jaime is gonna get a book drawn by Travis Moore around movie release to make him look more like Xolo.
    Xolo already looks like he stepped straight out of the comics page.

Quote Originally Posted by Confuzzled View Post
    The ones that did the graphic novels for Raven, Beast Boy and Robin have said they’re interested in doing one for Blue Beetle. Guarantee he gets a young adult novel by them around his movie release, that and a solo comic

Hopefully we'll get more Jaime content in the leadup to the movie .

Flashpoint Beyond #2 features Jaime and other Infinite Crisis events.

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    Flashpoint Beyond #2 features Jaime and other Infinite Crisis events.

I sometimes forget that was pivotal to giving us Jaime.

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Yep it’s in the DCEU.
    Well, nothing's perfect I guess. I would've felt a lot better about this movie if it were a stand-alone thing; most of the DC stuff worth watching is self-contained. But hopefully this movie will be one of the exceptions. My wife is probably gonna drag me to this, so I really hope I'm not wasting my time and money on yet another awful DC film.

The suit looks incredible though, and the actor looks like Jaime brought to life. It looks promising, though the casting and costumes have rarely ever been a problem with the DCEU.

In other Jaime news, has anyone brought up the imminent Jaime style in DC Universe Online yet? For those who don't know, DCUO is a mmorpg game where you create your own superhero (or villain) in the DCU. A while back, the developers ran a poll through the player base where we voted on who we wanted to see get a set of gear. Jaime won, and last I had heard, his gear set was going to be part of the daily login rewards for June.

The way that works, you log in each day during a month and get stuff; gear, currency, etc. As far as I know, you don't have to be a paying member to get this gear, it'll be available to free-to-play players as well as those with a subscription.

I might be wrong about when and how the style is coming, there hasn't been a lot of word on it lately. Plans might have changed but last I knew, it was going to be part of June's daily rewards, making it super easy to collect.

Just, yknow, something for Jaime fans to keep an eye out for.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

I voted for Jaime Reyes. He's a great character. I'm looking forward to his movie.

While looking for news about the upcoming BB movie.... I stumbled on this 2014 article on Ted, "The Blue Beetle who was your Friend" .... a nice little love letter.

I know he came back in Rebirth, but they didn't do Ted any favors there, either. Sure, he got to mentor Jaime, but at that point the Scarab was magic, not tech, so there wasn't much he could do, plus they made it clear that THAT version of Ted hadn't even been on the League and was not even a has-been... just a washed-up wannabe. Hoping that if he shows up in the movie, he gets some respect. I like Jaime and I think he can stand on his own, but with a villain named "Victoria Kord," I am assuming Ted will be at least mentioned in the movie. But if they just have him in there to kill him off, possible off-screen like in Young Justice, I'd rather them never mention him at all.

A nice read, though https://bleedingcool.com/comics/rece...beetle-friend/

Remember to preorder Jaime Reyes Blue Beetle book 1 when it comes out September 22.
    Le Suck it, Dolphin!

-God I am so tired.

SCOTT SUMMERS AND EMMA FROST DESERVED BETTER.

Eye-rolling bajuszbetyár The Invincible Beawulf's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Eskana View Post
    While looking for news about the upcoming BB movie.... I stumbled on this 2014 article on Ted, "The Blue Beetle who was your Friend" .... a nice little love letter.

I know he came back in Rebirth, but they didn't do Ted any favors there, either. Sure, he got to mentor Jaime, but at that point the Scarab was magic, not tech, so there wasn't much he could do, plus they made it clear that THAT version of Ted hadn't even been on the League and was not even a has-been... just a washed-up wannabe. Hoping that if he shows up in the movie, he gets some respect. I like Jaime and I think he can stand on his own, but with a villain named "Victoria Kord," I am assuming Ted will be at least mentioned in the movie. But if they just have him in there to kill him off, possible off-screen like in Young Justice, I'd rather them never mention him at all.

A nice read, though https://bleedingcool.com/comics/rece...beetle-friend/
    Thanks for sharing the article!

Yeah I'm also hoping that Ted is treated fairly in the BB movie, if he shows up in it.
    Last edited by The Invincible Beawulf; 07-16-2022 at 11:48 AM.
    BL and comics fan. 🌈 ----- For those saying BL is "pandering to fujos! Too girly! It's fetishization!!!" --> https://www.fujoshi.info/ (a website with academic resources on Queer Media Studies in Asia and LGBTQIA+ history)

The queer body has been used as a battleground, has been criminalized, ostracized, and many times erased from their own histories. -- Alesha Byrne (University of San Francisco)

Xolo just posted on his Instagram "That's a wrap on BB"