View Poll Results: Who is your favorite Blue Beetle!?

Voters
59. You may not vote on this poll
  • Dan Garrett

1 1.69%
  • Ted Kord

32 54.24%
  • Jaime Reyes

26 44.07%
Page 12 of 16 FirstFirst ... 28910111213141516 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by D.Z View Post
    Maybe they axe it and use Ted instead.
    If Jaime gets axed then there’s no hope at all for Ted getting a film. Apparently Zaslav wants DC films
    To be spectacle and events… let’s hope Blue Beetle fits that criteria
    Done with DC. Can't handle the constant whiplash! Time to go on a hiatus!

Extraordinary Member

WB Cancels Batgirl And Why It Was The Right Move

At 32:22 rob talks about blue beetle and why or most likely why it will not get the axe.

Quote Originally Posted by mace11 View Post

At 32:22 rob talks about blue beetle and why or most likely why it will not get the axe.
    That’s what I’m hoping for. Only potential saving grace for Blue Beetle is that they changed the plan for a theatrical release before filming started. Batgirl was made as an HBO Max original then changed to theatrical afterwards. So hopefully Blue Beetle has enough epicness to please Zaslav and the Discovery masters.

Everything we’ve heard about the Batgirl situation makes it a bit different from Blue Beetle. As he said in the video, Batgirl was a project put together by the old regime and the new people were in charge before the cameras were rolling on BB.
    Last edited by Robotman; 08-03-2022 at 05:01 PM.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by mace11 View Post

They're wrong though, it was moved to theaters before the new ownership took control back in December.

BUT since it was switched to theaters, I think that is why it is safe since they might have penalties since Batgirl was just going to be straight to streaming.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Zudomon View Post
    They're wrong though, it was moved to theaters before the new ownership took control back in December.

BUT since it was switched to theaters, I think that is why it is safe since they might have penalties since Batgirl was just going to be straight to streaming.
    Yeah i thought it was going to theaters before discovery took over so i knew i was right the first time when i first heard this in video above,but i did not bother to look it up to refresh my memory.
    I was planning to do so later, but just go abit busy.

It is also earlier in the development than Batgirl so they likely could have killed it already like Wonder Twins.

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

Xolo talks about playing Jaime Reyes: https://twitter.com/Bluebeetlenews/s...99355117756416

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post
    Xolo talks about playing Jaime Reyes: https://twitter.com/Bluebeetlenews/s...99355117756416
    I love this kid. He seems like he has a good head on his shoulders. Hopefully stardom doesn’t mess that up. Looking at you Ezra.

They need to keep hammering it home that this is the first superhero movie to star a Latino character. By that I mean not race swapped but originally created as that ethnicity. Make sure WBD understands the cultural significance. Hopefully that will keep it safe from the chopping block.
    Last edited by Robotman; 08-09-2022 at 03:45 PM.

Jaime got my vote, but it was close between him and Ted. With me liking the '86 series version of Ted. But '06 Jaime was just absolutely amazing. Don't want to be spoiled, but if there's to be movie, I'm hoping for that kind of Jaime with an awesome family and great friends and him being the indisputably heroic type. That's important for the way the scarab changes. And dang it, I want a happy movie and truly heroic hero without everything having to be all "gray" and without overwhelming angst. So sick of that. It's one of the things that made Jaime such a breath of fresh air from the get go. So I will definitely be looking at the promos to see if it looks like that kind of movie. Because that's the version of Jaime I love.

Quote Originally Posted by Tzigone View Post
    Jaime got my vote, but it was close between him and Ted. With me liking the '86 series version of Ted. But '06 Jaime was just absolutely amazing. Don't want to be spoiled, but if there's to be movie, I'm hoping for that kind of Jaime with an awesome family and great friends and him being the indisputably heroic type. That's important for the way the scarab changes. And dang it, I want a happy movie and truly heroic hero without everything having to be all "gray" and without overwhelming angst. So sick of that. It's one of the things that made Jaime such a breath of fresh air from the get go. So I will definitely be looking at the promos to see if it looks like that kind of movie. Because that's the version of Jaime I love.
    I’m happy they never let Geoff Johns get his hands on the character. He would have had Jaime’s parents murdered and his little sister become his arch enemy.

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    I’m happy they never let Geoff Johns get his hands on the character. He would have had Jaime’s parents murdered and his little sister become his arch enemy.
    I don't think even Johns would get that bad .

That’s a relief, though I figured it’d be safe since WBD couldn’t use it as a tax write off since they funded it, unlike Batgirl, which was funded by AT&T WB. Plus Blue Beetle is a theatrical film, whereas Batgirl was a streaming one. Curious what happens to Black Canary though, that one was supposed to be a steaming film too

Apparently the Blue Beetle film has a lot of behind the scenes drama and issues… the rumor mill is going crazy right now. A shooting, half the cast/crew getting Covid and threatening to quit, and the most outrageous one, that half the the movie has only been filmed… like what!!?

Quote Originally Posted by El_Gato View Post
    Apparently the Blue Beetle film has a lot of behind the scenes drama and issues… the rumor mill is going crazy right now. A shooting, half the cast/crew getting Covid and threatening to quit, and the most outrageous one, that half the the movie has only been filmed… like what!!?
    Oh crap. I hope this isn't true. Seriously, WB is cursed.

They were filming on location in metropolitan parts of Puerto Rico, Atlanta, and Texas. So a shooting in the neighborhood would be tragic but this is America, so it's gonna happen.

I recall Xolo had COVID at the beginning of filming and things got delayed. If they weren't able to be safe and protect the crew, that's on WB.

I think the initial filming is done because they were all toasting and celebrating. I'm sure there will be the standard pick up shots and reshoots.

Is this all from a more legit source like THR or just from some guy who heard something from his cousin?