View Poll Results: Who is your favorite Blue Beetle!?

Voters
59. You may not vote on this poll
  • Dan Garrett

1 1.69%
  • Ted Kord

32 54.24%
  • Jaime Reyes

26 44.07%
Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 61213141516

Some interesting developments in this issue...
    Identities are apparently common knowledge, new characters revealed... wonder how much of this is because of the movie and how much of this was developed before that?

Quote Originally Posted by Eskana View Post
    Some interesting developments in this issue...
    Identities are apparently common knowledge, new characters revealed... wonder how much of this is because of the movie and how much of this was developed before that?
    Kind of wondering if the writer was given any access to the film.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Kind of wondering if the writer was given any access to the film.
    Yeah, I’m curious if there was some rewrites to create more movie synergy. The story was originally done a while ago and was one of the Round Robin choices. Since it didn’t win the tournament there probably wasn't much chance of it seeing the light of day. Then Jaime has a movie on the way and DC realized they had no plans for the character but they had an already written story sitting in the bin. They could have had Trujillo punch it up with some connections to the upcoming flick.

Or Trujillo was given info about the movie plot beforehand. But then why would they put a series that could get a lot of movie buzz in a tournament where it was bound to lose to the Batfamily?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I don't want this to turn into a Jaime vs Ted thing, I'm just happy Ted's alive and both are active heroes.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Invincible Beawulf View Post
    Exactly.

Hope to see both BBs on the big screen and in comics.
    Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    Sorry, I wasn’t trying to turn this into a versus thread. Someone said that Ted could be forgotten and fade into obscurity and I was just pointing out that DC on the comics side won’t let that happen as he’s usually featured in the lineup of important or relevant characters.

But as a side note I was pointing out that Jaime generally is not. Yeah he’s getting a mini series but only because DC needed a book for movie synergy and that series was already written because of the Round Robin tournament.
    Compared to Kyle Rayner post-Emerald Twilight, it was to Jaime's benefit that he was a different kind of Blue Beetle who didn't scavenge Ted for stories, and whose creative teams didn't get off on antagonizing his predecessor's fans.