View Poll Results: Who is your favorite Blue Beetle!?

Voters
59. You may not vote on this poll
  • Dan Garrett

1 1.69%
  • Ted Kord

32 54.24%
  • Jaime Reyes

26 44.07%
Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

Blue Beetle is coming out next year but now there is a release date.

DC Extended Universe

U.S. release date

Blue Beetle August 18, 2023 Pre-production

So they are currently casting Traci 13, casting call is for a 18-20 year old Chinese or Erasian actress! Loved their relationship in the comics so i’m excited

This film is shaping up nicely as the cinematographer, stunt coordinator and VFX people they’ve hired are incredibly talented and put out great films so far!
    Done with DC. Can't handle the constant whiplash! Time to go on a hiatus!

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by El_Gato View Post
    So they are currently casting Traci 13, casting call is for a 18-20 year old Chinese or Erasian actress! Loved their relationship in the comics so i’m excited

This film is shaping up nicely as the cinematographer, stunt coordinator and VFX people they’ve hired are incredibly talented and put out great films so far!
    There was suppose to be a traci 13 series coming out years ago but it did not work out of course.
    Recently i was thinking of her(this week in fact) and i said to myself she will show up one way or the other in live action,because i had a funny feeling they will not give up showing her in live action.

That's cool that Traci will be in it .

Nice!

I'm glad they're staying with his comic book romance.

Now we just need to get Paco and Brenda cast.

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    Nice!

Yeah, it seems like everyone's just kind of ignored Phil Jiminez pairing Traci with Natasha Irons .

Nice!

Me too! I’m also very happy the stunt coordinator is the same one from John Wick and Aquaman, which means the action is about to be top notch! Also the cinematographer did Midsommar, Hereditary and Nobody, so the visuals should be good as well!

Me too! I’m also very happy the stunt coordinator is the same one from John Wick and Aquaman, which means the action is about to be top notch! Also the cinematographer did Midsommar, Hereditary and Nobody, so the visuals should be good as well!
    Great to hear that they aren’t skimping on the behind the scenes talent. It’s a good sign that WB isn’t taking Jaime’s potential lightly. If done right, this movie could be very culturally significant. Latinos are desperate for more representation in Hollywood and having the first Latino superhero to star in this own movie is pretty huge.

Hopefully DC uses Jaime during and after the next Crisis. It’s hard for mid tier characters to maintain a monthly comic for long but at least put him on a team.

https://www.theilluminerdi.com/2022/...eetle-villain/

Grain of salt but according to the above Lady Styx/La Dama is rumored to be the villain… things should starts ramping up as this films next month

Would love to see some laser gun-fu

https://www.theilluminerdi.com/2022/...eetle-villain/

Grain of salt but according to the above Lady Styx/La Dama is rumored to be the villain… things should starts ramping up as this films next month
    Guess they might save the Reach for a sequel.

I voted for Ted but Jaime is a very close second as he is a great legacy character.

Hmm...for favorites, I like Jaime's costume and powers the most, but Ted has that sweet ride and the Blue and Gold team with him and Booster is fun. Dan meanwhile has the classic pulp thing going on that never goes out of style. DC would do well to push all 3.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Guess they might save the Reach for a sequel.
    Hope they aren’t making the same mistake as Green Lantern by not using the main villain in the first movie.

Hope they aren’t making the same mistake as Green Lantern by not using the main villain in the first movie.
    I think it makes sense not to start too big for the first movie...especially so they can get Jaime established first.

Also build up his relationship to the suit before the Reach show up to make that more emotional.