View Poll Results: Who is your favorite Blue Beetle!?

Voters
59. You may not vote on this poll
  • Dan Garrett

1 1.69%
  • Ted Kord

32 54.24%
  • Jaime Reyes

26 44.07%
Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    The only issue I see with Sharon Stone is people speculating that means they'll cast someone much older for Ted.
    Maybe "Victoria Kord" is a gender bent version Jarvis Kord, so Ted's aunt.

Well Deadline points out it's actually Ted's wife. Which needless to say I'm not too thrilled about because unless Ted was really into sugar mommies, that tells you pretty much everything about how he would likely be portrayed. No offense to Sharon Stone of course but this ain't Catherine Tramell Sharon Stone and they wouldn't cast her if Ted wasn't going to be of similar age.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
    Well Deadline points out it's actually Ted's wife. Which needless to say I'm not too thrilled about because unless Ted was really into sugar mommies, that tells you pretty much everything about how he would likely be portrayed. No offense to Sharon Stone of course but this ain't Catherine Tramell Sharon Stone and they wouldn't cast her if Ted wasn't going to be of similar age.
    This is why I'd prefer Sandra Bullock as well.

I should have voted for Dan Garret. He's mostly forgotten, and I like him enough to have a book of his early comics, even though I really don't like him as much as Ted.

"You know the deal, Metropolis. Treat people right or expect a visit from me."

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
    *sigh*

Well, I'm fully expecting they'll throw in that heart condition bullshit now.

Quote Originally Posted by Icefan View Post
    Yeah I was initially thinking that she would be taking the place of Ted’s villainous uncle, but hearing that she’s playing his wife means that Ted will be in a role similar to Michael Douglas’ version of Hank Pym. There’s also the chance Ted may not be in the movie and could already be dead when Jaime finds the scarab, similar to what happened in Infinite Crisis. In that scenario Victoria may be the one that killed him.

So Susan Sarandon replaced Sharon Stone as the villain! I like the actress so I approve! Still waiting for them to cast Brenda, Paco and Ted! You have to have Jaime’s friends in the film!
    Done with DC. Can't handle the constant whiplash! Time to go on a hiatus!

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by El_Gato View Post
    So Susan Sarandon replaced Sharon Stone as the villain! I like the actress so I approve! Still waiting for them to cast Brenda, Paco and Ted! You have to have Jaime’s friends in the film!
    Agreed! I love Sharon Stone, she's such a great actress. She will definitely give a fun performance.

As for Brenda and Paco.. I'm starting to doubt they're even in the film. Especially since there's no news on them being cast yet. Especially with this new love interest girl they've cast, and also Milagro's character being aged up, and us getting Susan Sarandon as a female villain. So no La Dama & Brenda connection.

So I'm all for different interpretations, but yeah I'm a little bummed if we don't get live action Brenda & Paco. They're my favorite of Jaime's supporting characters in the comics and they're such a fun trio.

Quote Originally Posted by Zudomon View Post
    Agreed! I love Sharon Stone, she's such a great actress. She will definitely give a fun performance.

As for Brenda and Paco.. I'm starting to doubt they're even in the film. Especially since there's no news on them being cast yet. Especially with this new love interest girl they've cast, and also Milagro's character being aged up, and us getting Susan Sarandon as a female villain. So no La Dama & Brenda connection.

So I'm all for different interpretations, but yeah I'm a little bummed if we don't get live action Brenda & Paco. They're my favorite of Jaime's supporting characters in the comics and they're such a fun trio.
    It wouldn't feel right without Brenda and Paco in it .

So Milagro is going to be Jaime's older sister in the movie? Just looked up the actress and she's older than Xolo.

Quote Originally Posted by Confuzzled View Post
    So Milagro is going to be Jaime's older sister in the movie? Just looked up the actress and she's older than Xolo.
    I’m fine with that. I like Milagro but some writers can go overboard with the bratty little sister bit.

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    I’m fine with that. I like Milagro but some writers can go overboard with the bratty little sister bit.
    Making her the older sister feels like a big change of the dynamic though.

Quote Originally Posted by Confuzzled View Post
    I think she can still pass for a younger sibling. I mean Bruna is also older than Xolo and she’s playing the love interest. I’m guessing Milagro will still be the younger sister but the age gap won’t be as big as it is in the comics

Quote Originally Posted by Icefan View Post
    This was actually my first thought too. Maybe a mix of that and La Dama.

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    Yeah I was initially thinking that she would be taking the place of Ted’s villainous uncle, but hearing that she’s playing his wife means that Ted will be in a role similar to Michael Douglas’ version of Hank Pym. There’s also the chance Ted may not be in the movie and could already be dead when Jaime finds the scarab, similar to what happened in Infinite Crisis. In that scenario Victoria may be the one that killed him.
    As a fan of Ted, I'm afraid this will be the case, but it's kinda to be expected. Ted's died in like every version, so it would figure if he was dead in this version too. Honestly, I think Ted works best in Jaime's story as an inspirational story, rather than a mentor; they did that in Rebirth and even though I enjoyed it, I never felt like it worked or even made sense because Ted has NO experience on how to be a superhero like that... after all, he has no powers and makes everything himself.

... I still have hopes for the future, though. Even if Ted had died by the time this movie started, it would be pretty hilarious if they were able to make a movie on the JLI team following this, but making it like a back-dated movie set in the 1980s, like Captain Marvel. I think they could approach it more from the angle of the entire team of superhero-ish people joining up and trying to make an undercover team, but eventually doing so more covertly and eschewing the fame. Basically, as if the whole team learned a Booster Gold-style lesson, where they care more about doing the hero job instead of the fame, which would explain why no one knew who they were. It could also work if all or most of the team members were tech instead of superpowered, which would work if they did Ted, Booster, Mister Miracle, Rocket Red, and a Green Lantern, and maybe even an adapted Fire and/or Ice.

Basically, make it almost like how the Birds of Prey movie wasn't really about the team itself, but the members (mostly) meeting and not forming an actual team until the end.

https://mobile.twitter.com/dccomics/...U8_66mrO-ZRUdA

Good news! We’re actually getting that Round Robin book from last year! Supposedly more Blue Beetle news to come! Hope the DCEU film leads to more promotion for Blue Beetle!