Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Default Harry Osborn Appreciation Thread 2022

Let's get a HELL* YEAH for Peter Parker's ever-tragic, not-actually-demonic-as-it-turns-out bestie!

Spectacular200_06-620x636.jpg

*Pun not intended
    harryosborn.net -Me rereading every single comic that has Harry Osborn in it, and also writing some articles.

Spider-Man Lotus comes out this year, and man they've done an amazing job with Harry. He looks perfect.

FBcke9wVEAABafl.jpg

FIOp5NSVIAIubaR (1).jpg
    harryosborn.net -Me rereading every single comic that has Harry Osborn in it, and also writing some articles.

The Superior Spider-clone SpideyClone's Avatar

Glad to see Harry getting some love. I think it was a huge mistake to kill him off again, especially with all the character growth of the past few years, Slott-era included. It might have been a mistake to bring him back initially, but killing him off a second time is just a waste of character even if he was a clone.

Quote Originally Posted by SpideyClone View Post
    Glad to see Harry getting some love. I think it was a huge mistake to kill him off again, especially with all the character growth of the past few years, Slott-era included. It might have been a mistake to bring him back initially, but killing him off a second time is just a waste of character even if he was a clone.
    I agree. After ASM # 800, I wanted Harry to be the next Venom. Norman and Normie were the hosts of Carnage, Harry will be Venom in the new game, why not do it in the comics? Good idea, he could become a superhero. But then Spencer run happened ...

Quote Originally Posted by SpideyClone View Post
    It's funny because I was totally against Harry coming back when it first happened. I wasn't expecting much at all. (Plus like most people I was pissed about One More Day) But then American Son came out and that completely changed things because it showed Harry finally recognize that Norman was a monster and walk away from him forever. And that kept up for the whole next decade, all Harry's stories were about him fighting against his horrible father while trying to be good father himself. And that was just such a good, sympathetic, mature story from my point of view.

Then he dies... completely pointlessly... saving the abusive monster who made his life a misery...

Mighty Member

Well people wanted Harry as green goblin again but now Harry redeemed himself these days and died again and his soul got freed from mephisto so rip harry

This in-depth interview with JM DeMatteis dropped the other day:

There's lots of great tidbits in there about Harry and Spectacular Spider-Man #200, starting from around the halfway mark!

I know people are still talking about the Kindred arc and still have questions! And so do I! So I wrote this:

Twelve Questions I Still Have About The Kindred Saga

Quote Originally Posted by PanicPixieDreamGirl View Post
    I know people are still talking about the Kindred arc and still have questions! And so do I! So I wrote this:

Twelve Questions I Still Have About The Kindred Saga
    Very good questions. I would add a question about Mendel Stromm and the absence of Emily Osborn. After ASM #800, I waited for Harry and Emily to talk, but nothing happened, she just disappeared.

I loved that Harry came back. It's a waste of a good character to kill him off again.
    I could even accept that Harry was a clone and kept him around anyways as a compromise. It's so much easier to kill a character than to create one that has the staying power to be a supporting character for decades.

Quote Originally Posted by Kanos View Post
    Very good questions. I would add a question about Mendel Stromm and the absence of Emily Osborn. After ASM #800, I waited for Harry and Emily to talk, but nothing happened, she just disappeared.
    The Emily thing is just weird, she shows up and drops this huge bombshell and then it's just... forgotten about, despite the huge impact it has on both Norman and Harry's stories.

I dunno if the timelines match up, but I wonder if she left Norman and faked her death because she found out he sold their son to the devil.

Hey, does anyone else remember this guy?

Image1.jpg

Image2.jpg

A "construct" with Harry's face who terrorized Peter a bit from 1998-2000 before, uh, melting. But looking back... I don't know if it's even said how he was created, if he truly had Harry's DNA, or anything else about him.

What was he?

BANNED

Wasn't the original plan for this Goblin to have been Randy Robertson?

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Rat View Post
    Wasn't the original plan for this Goblin to have been Randy Robertson?
    Huh really? I've never heard that before. I wonder what that would have been like. (Also, what would his motivation have been?)

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by PanicPixieDreamGirl View Post
    Huh really? I've never heard that before. I wonder what that would have been like. (Also, what would his motivation have been?)
    Norman had gotten hold of the Bugle at the time of his return to public life, so possibly he was threatening Robbie