Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Bunch of Coconuts View Post
    Thank you, George, for helping me find my favorite character and helping me discover a (likely) lifelong hobby that has brought me much joy.

Attachment 120883
    Is it stealing if we have the same sentiment.
    RIP George, and the world was blessed to have you.

Scarlet Witch~4~LIFE!!^_^ CJStriker's Avatar

Unhappy Prays and Love!

George Perez in My Life is Thee Man who DEFINED What Comic Books Should Look Like!

Nearly Anytime I think of an artstyle for any comic, His Style is the one I always went too. The Man that could Draw 100 Characters on a Single Page and give each of them their own story and life just by that alone. The Man was a Gift to the World, he Litteraly Brought About a WHOLE New Era of Comics when it was needed and cemented himself as a Member of the ONES ABOVE ALL like Jack Kirby and Stan Lee.

Words will Never be enought to Say how Much I Admire or could give Admiration to what he did for me and for Our World and Losing him is Losing a Treasured Man that was beyond a gift to our World. =(

My Prays to Him and His Loved Ones.

I will Finally Be FOREVER Gratful for him for Making Me into a Fan of and being the Defining Artist of My Favorite Comic Book Character Ever and it was Thanks to How he brough her to Life, Thank You Eternal Mr. Perez!!!

Last edited by CJStriker; 05-07-2022 at 11:27 PM.
    "By Earth and Sky, By Craft and Hex -- By The Past and The Future – I Call HOPE Forth From The DARKNESS! I Speak The Words We Made Into MAGIC! Let THEIR Power Augment Our OWN! To Strike ONE BLOW From Our HEARTS and SOULS – From ALL THAT WE ARE! Let The CALL Go Forth -- AVENGERS! ASSEMBLE!" Scarlet Witch/Wanda Maximoff ~~ From Avengers #689!

Come Join and Learn about Wanda Maximoff at: The Scarlet Witch Appreciation Thread 2023!

Scarlet Witch~4~LIFE!!^_^ CJStriker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bunch of Coconuts View Post
    Thank you, George, for helping me find my favorite character and helping me discover a (likely) lifelong hobby that has brought me much joy.

Attachment 120883
    Quote Originally Posted by MaximoffTrash View Post
    Is it stealing if we have the same sentiment.
    RIP George, and the world was blessed to have you.
    Not at MaximoffTrash, Bunch of Coconuts Said it so well I had to say the same in my post, truly captures all Scarlet Witch's Fans Feeling about what Mr. Perez ment to us.
    "By Earth and Sky, By Craft and Hex -- By The Past and The Future – I Call HOPE Forth From The DARKNESS! I Speak The Words We Made Into MAGIC! Let THEIR Power Augment Our OWN! To Strike ONE BLOW From Our HEARTS and SOULS – From ALL THAT WE ARE! Let The CALL Go Forth -- AVENGERS! ASSEMBLE!" Scarlet Witch/Wanda Maximoff ~~ From Avengers #689!

Come Join and Learn about Wanda Maximoff at: The Scarlet Witch Appreciation Thread 2023!

Rest in peace Mr Perez. You had a huge impact on my comic book enjoyment and your work was something that I looked forward to. Just seeing your name on a comic meant something.

The one time that I met you in person still means a lot to me.

Thank you for all the joy, Mr. Perez. R.I.P.

Peace

Extraordinary Member Zero Hunter's Avatar

A true master of his craft. The level of detail he would put in a single panel puts most modern aritsts to shame.

Cosmic Curmudgeon JudicatorPrime's Avatar

Spent last week re-reading Avengers, Justice League, The New Teen Titans and Wonder Woman books that he did. I have several other titles on deck to read later this week. I still see/learn something new each time I see his work. Even now. What an amazing storyteller this George Perez. His gift brought so much joy and entertainment to so many, including myself.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by MRP View Post
    That was the first issue of the Avengers title proper I ever bought off the stands when I was a kid. I had gotten a couple issues of Marvel Triple Action with reprints of the Kooky Quartet plus Pym era previously. That was my intro to Avengers, but #144 started me buying the title as regularly as I could manage on my allowance for a number of years (I think the last I got off the stands as a kid was #188, and then later a mail subscription starting with #211 for a year) then not again until I was old enough to work and make my own money. But that issue, and George's art, made me a huge Avengers fan as a kid.

-M
    Similar story. I had recently purchased the Mighty Avenges Marvel Treasury Edition (reprinted 4 issues in huge tabloid size with a wraparound cover by Jack Kirby). Wow! Those were great issues all illustrated lovingly by John Buscemea.

But Avengers #144 was the first actual issue of the ongoing that I purchased, and what a great issue -- witnessing the birth of a new superhero. Plus, the Squadron Supreme was always a lot of fun. Loved the Cat flashbacks as well. George drew a great Cat and Tigra. I would continue collecting the series non-stop even through the painful second run by Jim Shooter (who all but ruined the book upon his return). But I finally had enough when Walt Simonson was writing the book (shame, because I loved his Thor work).

I liked the Busiek/Perez run, but it's Perez's work in the 70s and very early 80s that were the high point of the Avengers for me.

The same can be said for his work on Fantastic Four with Len Wein. Just loved those issues!!
    Last edited by kcekada; 05-12-2022 at 07:04 PM.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by K7P5V View Post
    Indeed. Truly a LEGEND (IMHO):

He did such amazing hair. You could tell he was very thoughtful about each and every character as an individual.
    My Summer rain. My rooftop in Japan. My quiet in the storm. *cries* Al Ewing is GOD...Praise His name! Uplift Him in song! Glorify His works!

Extraordinary Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar

clean.jpg

George's Black Widow is another unforgettable one.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    He did such amazing hair. You could tell he was very thoughtful about each and every character as an individual.
    It's a damn shame that the original JLA/Avengers special never happened. The mini-series we eventually got was good, but kinda bloated. George was at his peak when he drew and inked this shot. The interior pages that eventually made their way to publication were some of George's best work on the two teams!