Page 12 of 29 FirstFirst ... 2891011121314151622 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    Why would it make sense to have Emiko go from "Red Arrow" to "Red Canary"?
    Maybe because Roy Harper is back?
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post
    Maybe because Roy Harper is back?
    Is he going by Red Arrow again?

Can't he use "Arsenal" or something else instead?

He wasn't using "Red Arrow" when he was hanging out with Jason Todd, was he?

I mean Infinite Frontier/Titans Academy returned the fact that at one point Roy was Red Arrow, hence the Statute.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

I feel like Red Canary's look is a bit sexualized for Emiko. I don’t think it fits her character at all.
    Then again, we could say the same for Sin I think.

Sin would need a major age up like Lian had in order for this to be her - she was just a child pre-Flashpoint.

Roy is currently Arsenal, so he wouldn't be a reason for Emiko to rebrand. Mia Dearden, Speedy, could be though, didn't Williamson say there's plans to bring her back soon? Maybe they think two archer sidekicks would be redundant, so Emi decides to take inspiration from her sister-in-law instead (well, that's what Dinah would be to her if she and Ollie were married)?

Correct, he's been Arsenal again since Red Hood and the Outlaws started 11 years ago. That's why the Red Arrow mantle was available for Emiko to take in Rebirth.
    Last edited by Digifiend; 06-30-2022 at 04:45 AM.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

I’d prefer it to be Sin or a new character and not someone who was once an Arrow now deciding to be a Canary.

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Dinah's replacement announced. RED Canary!
    https://mobile.twitter.com/Williamso...72614327644160

EDIT: Whoops, ninja'd.
    As nice as the design is - I'm surprised by the retro mask and appreciate the wig tradition- I can't say that I'm super into the Black Canary legacy expanding into the full color spectrum as other have done with spinoff characters - Green Lantern, Black Widow etc...
    Last edited by Thirteen; 06-30-2022 at 11:52 AM.
    Protected by the Comics Code Authority
    YES Capes. YES Masks. YES Secret Identities.

Quote Originally Posted by Factor View Post
    I feel like Red Canary's look is a bit sexualized for Emiko. I don’t think it fits her character at all.
    Then again, we could say the same for Sin I think.
    I mean, it's sexualized enough that I assume it would be Emiko because she's older than the other two main candidates.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post
    It should be Sin. The latter was her actual side kick. Emiko is tied to Ollie.

But all signs point to Emiko so far.
    Yeah I wished it was an aged up Sin, as that would be an actual legacy.
    But all signs point to Emiko in a new mantle.

Quote Originally Posted by Will Evans View Post
    Yeah I wished it was an aged up Sin, as that would be an actual legacy.
    But all signs point to Emiko in a new mantle.
    Why do "all signs point to Emiko"?

Are you basing it on other questionable things Williamson has been doing these days?

Why do "all signs point to Emiko"?

Are you basing it on other questionable things Williamson has been doing these days?
    The shorter hair in the design sketch looks like her normal hairstyle.

She's associated with the color red.

She's not as close to Dinah but she knows her.

I don't think Sin would be old enough to have that kind of figure.

I'm putting my hat in the ring for Sin.

She's the only person (apart from a completely new character) with enough connection to Dinah to pull this off.

Emiko is a maybe, but she doesn't have that strong of a connection to Dinah to switch like this. And for some reason, I feel DC isn't going to strip Red Arrow from her.

Another thing is that the girl in the design doesn't really look like Emiko. Yes, Emiko has short hair, but it's around shoulder length, not in a pixie cut. Also - and I'm not sure how to say this - but Emiko is kind of a grump, which isn't the impression I get from Red Canary.

Sin makes the most sense for me. And yes, you may have to fudge her age a little bit, but she was around the same age Damian was before the reboot, who is fourteen himself now.

As for the outfit... yeah it's a little bit sexualised for a possibly younger hero, but that's not entirely new for DC. Remember Michael Turner's depiction of the sixteen year old Supergirl? Woof.

Quote Originally Posted by km_sus View Post
    I'm putting my hat in the ring for Sin.

She's the only person (apart from a completely new character) with enough connection to Dinah to pull this off.

Emiko is a maybe, but she doesn't have that strong of a connection to Dinah to switch like this. And for some reason, I feel DC isn't going to strip Red Arrow from her.

Another thing is that the girl in the design doesn't really look like Emiko. Yes, Emiko has short hair, but it's around shoulder length, not in a pixie cut. Also - and I'm not sure how to say this - but Emiko is kind of a grump, which isn't the impression I get from Red Canary.

Sin makes the most sense for me. And yes, you may have to fudge her age a little bit, but she was around the same age Damian was before the reboot, who is fourteen himself now.

As for the outfit... yeah it's a little bit sexualised for a possibly younger hero, but that's not entirely new for DC. Remember Michael Turner's depiction of the sixteen year old Supergirl? Woof.
    I know thematically Sin makes more sense, I just wasn't sure how much they'd age up Sin. I do feel like I've seen Emiko in a pixie cut though...

Emiko also has her sassy moments, but it really depends on the writer.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I know thematically Sin makes more sense, I just wasn't sure how much they'd age up Sin. I do feel like I've seen Emiko in a pixie cut though...
    If you're basing it on the length of her hair . . . don't people change their hairstyles sometimes?