Page 21 of 29 FirstFirst ... 11171819202122232425 ... LastLast
    Relaunched, not rebooted! SJNeal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Felipe Silveira View Post
    I don't know, Ras is single, so she becomes a bat character and gets her own series.
    Okay, I'm kidding about Ras. But I think Dinah should be doing more solo stuff.
    So do I, but I'm not holding my breath. The only hope any DC character has of success these days is if they're tied to the goddamn Bat-family.
    SJNeal
    Veteran Member
    Aug 2009

The CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

She'll probably be in the new Arrow Family book I feel like is coming.

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

I'd love more Dinah content, either as a solo hero, co-lead with Ollie or in a relaunched BoP.

They got my money for some Deathstroke comics because Dinah was in them, for ****'s sake. lol
    May we never forget:

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    Daddy Zeus can hit the bricks.
    Truer words never spoken.

Astonishing Member

I like Green Arrow and Black Canary as a couple, but I think her solo stories and Birds of Prey stories are better. I think they can be a couple without her having to take a backseat to GA. That's one thing I disliked about Mike Grell's Arrow series. It pulled her out of Justice League (when that series was super hot) -- just to depower her and make her a supporting character in HIS series. Don't get me wrong -- Grell's Arrow was good stuff, but I would have rather he just had Dinah show up occasionally -- as a guest star.

Quote Originally Posted by kcekada View Post
    I like Green Arrow and Black Canary as a couple, but I think her solo stories and Birds of Prey stories are better. I think they can be a couple without her having to take a backseat to GA. That's one thing I disliked about Mike Grell's Arrow series. It pulled her out of Justice League (when that series was super hot) -- just to depower her and make her a supporting character in HIS series. Don't get me wrong -- Grell's Arrow was good stuff, but I would have rather he just had Dinah show up occasionally -- as a guest star.
    Yeah, the whole de-powering thing was dumb.

Quote Originally Posted by kcekada View Post
    If you squint your eyes and look at Dinah as a supporting character who never, ever had any interest in being a super-heroine, let alone an actual career of it, then the late 80's-early 90's Dinah/Oliver relationship was actually pretty damn cool, if a bit idealized. But stripping Dinah of everything super-heroic, or even just heroic, in the pursuit of turning her into that idealized stay-at-home lover/breadwinner/emotional support animal for Ollie, as well as the ways that they pursued stripping her of being Black Canary, only ended up making Mikes Grell and Gold look like they hated Black Canary. And all the schadenfreud of watching Silver Age fans freak the f out about Ollie and Dinah having an active sex life without any real desire to get married never truly made up for that.

Do we know DC'c intentions for Red Canary are yet? Maybe she and Dinah will get a book together. She deserves a sidekick and a legacy of her own. (or to continue her mother's legacy - depending on current continuity)

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    Do we know DC'c intentions for Red Canary are yet? Maybe she and Dinah will get a book together. She deserves a sidekick and a legacy of her own. (or to continue her mother's legacy - depending on current continuity)
    Right now she’s just walking around Dark Crisis, and being teased for Lazarus Planet.

I’m guessing the first time she’s actually going to do anything is in the Dark Army tie-in one-shot.
    Last edited by sifighter; 10-15-2022 at 03:56 PM.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Be a great design that people cosplay and draw, essentially promoting their IP for free? Maybe a statue down the line.

Oh, and appear in some books. Probably that one-shot coming out for Dark Crisis and Lazarus Planet afterward.
    May we never forget:

Extraordinary Member

This sounds too optimistic

Quote Originally Posted by Robanker View Post
    Be a great design that people cosplay and draw, essentially promoting their IP for free? Maybe a statue down the line.

Oh, and appear in some books. Probably that one-shot coming out for Dark Crisis and Lazarus Planet afterward.
    Show that teens can pull off fishnets ?

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I'm too old to care about that, but more power to them. I remember thinking it was pretty cool back in high school.
    May we never forget:

Quote Originally Posted by Robanker View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I'm too old to care about that, but more power to them. I remember thinking it was pretty cool back in high school.
    I don't remember teens (male or female) wearing fishnets back in high school, but then again, that was in the late 1970s.

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    I don't remember teens (male or female) wearing fishnets back in high school, but then again, that was in the late 1970s.
    It was mostly the goth and punk girls wearing them in my generation, and they'd get in trouble for doing so but would anyway (which was very on-brand).
    May we never forget:

All-New Member

A fairly big report on the DCEU and still not even a hint about Black Canary/Jurnee Smollett. I mean, seriously, they can't even just say it's canceled and she's out? Why do they need to be secretive about that?