Page 28 of 29 FirstFirst ... 18242526272829 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by kcekada View Post
    DC needs to grab the bull by the horns and finally fix the mess with the children of the JSA. Either disconnect JSA from World War II or change their history so that they were in status for a long, undetermined period of time -- thus making them far younger than they should be. Instead, they'll just come up with another overwrought 'solution'.
    FIXED IT!
    "DC needs to grab the bull by the horns and finally fix the mess."
    Protected by the Comics Code Authority
    YES Capes. YES Masks. YES Secret Identities.

Extraordinary Member

DC needs to grab the bull by the horns and finally fix the mess with the children of the JSA. Either disconnect JSA from World War II or change their history so that they were in status for a long, undetermined period of time -- thus making them far younger than they should be. Instead, they'll just come up with another overwrought 'solution'.
    I think by 2035 they’ll disconnect the JSA from World War II. And just have them pre-modern age.

Astonishing Member

Very likely. By then, most readers (sadly) won't give a crap about WWII. With recent events, I think future society is doomed to relive that horrible time again.

'Tis the season .

Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

Dinah being an Earth-2 character is one of those quirky continuity wrinkles...

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Dinah being an Earth-2 character is one of those quirky continuity wrinkles...
    It wasn't a problem in the pre-CoIE days (or at least prior to Justice League of America #219 in 1983) . . .

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    It wasn't a problem in the pre-CoIE days (or at least prior to Justice League of America #219 in 1983) . . .
    Yeah, but I don't see much point in her being from another Earth now.

Yeah, but I don't see much point in her being from another Earth now.
    Not unless they go back to the way it was with the JSA being on Earth-2 (or any other designation they want to use).

by Jen Bartel

Agree. The longer we move forward from WWII, the more a VERY LONG break is needed between the adventures of the early 50's and a resurgence later in history.
    (Whether this comes from the time in Ragnorak, or their first Silver Age appearance where they emerged from stasis tubes in that issue of the Flash, or a 3rd option).

I'd say the break should be earlier, and the return should precede the Silver Age stories, so Canary and the Infinitors could be born in the current sliding timeline.
    Otherwise, they's need to be established as the grandkids of the JSA. And then in another 20 years the GREAT grandkids. And then in another 20 years...

Not unless they go back to the way it was with the JSA being on Earth-2 (or any other designation they want to use).
    But she's not as associated with the JSA any more.
    Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post

by Jen Bartel
    I don't love punk rock Dinah, but this is pretty nice .

But she's not as associated with the JSA any more.
    Well, the original Black Canary apparently was a member of the Golden Age Justice Society of America, and Dinah Laurel Lance was previously a member of the JSA at the beginning of their 1999 run in pre-Flashpoint continuity.
    I don't know where she stands in current continuity, and I don't know what's been said recently since I don't buy / read most DC titles any longer.

Well, the original Black Canary apparently was a member of the Golden Age Justice Society of America, and Dinah Laurel Lance was previously a member of the JSA at the beginning of their 1999 run in pre-Flashpoint continuity.
    I don't know where she stands in current continuity, and I don't know what's been said recently since I don't buy / read most DC titles any longer.
    I assume it's Dinah sr. and Dinah Jr. like in Post-Crisis.