Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Astonishing Member

So in the Giant Size Gwen Stacy which prints the 5 issue miniseries by Christos Gage and Todd Nauck that takes place in the Lee/Ditko era, Flash made a appearance as his team was playing against Gwen and Harry high school team. The Green goblin interrupts causing chaos only to attract the X-MEN, Marvel Girl, Beast and Iceman. Beast saved Flash and Flash acted like a ungrateful dbag calling Beast freak implying Flash may had been a anti-mutant bigot back in the day. Kinda makes sense, in Cullen Bunn Venom run did mentioned that Flash used to pick on a student who was gay using homophobic slurs which current day Flash felt really guilty about. He spoke to his past victim in current time and realized how much a impact his bullying and jerkish ways had. So yeah, expect high school Flash to be a Ahole since in college he started growing up and becoming a better person through Spidey influence.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rzerox21xx View Post
    So in the Giant Size Gwen Stacy which prints the 5 issue miniseries by Christos Gage and Todd Nauck that takes place in the Lee/Ditko era, Flash made a appearance as his team was playing against Gwen and Harry high school team. The Green goblin interrupts causing chaos only to attract the X-MEN, Marvel Girl, Beast and Iceman. Beast saved Flash and Flash acted like a ungrateful dbag calling Beast freak implying Flash may had been a anti-mutant bigot back in the day. Kinda makes sense, in Cullen Bunn Venom run did mentioned that Flash used to pick on a student who was gay using homophobic slurs which current day Flash felt really guilty about. He spoke to his past victim in current time and realized how much a impact his bullying and jerkish ways had. So yeah, expect high school Flash to be a Ahole since in college he started growing up and becoming a better person through Spidey influence.
    And rather ironic in hindsight, given Beast and Flash (as Agent Venom) working together in the Secret Avengers assembled by Captain America/Steve Rogers during the Rick Remender run. Still, he's definitely come a long way since then.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    And rather ironic in hindsight, given Beast and Flash (as Agent Venom) working together in the Secret Avengers assembled by Captain America/Steve Rogers during the Rick Remender run. Still, he's definitely come a long way since then.

Teen Flash was a jerk...and abusive alcoholic son of an abusive alcoholic. The way I see it is that he would lash out at anyone to make himself feel better. Adult Flash is a better person all around who regrets the jerk kid he was.

Astonishing Member

Time passes for everyone, even fictional characters. Things change and a lot of stuff happens each year you gain.

That's why I can't barely hold it when comic books insist on leaving several character trapped in the same status quo and not leave them "evolve". I personally have two cases that bother me the most of all:

- Batman unwilling to accept that his "no killing" rule doesn't work, because experience has proven that in order to save a lot of people, there are sometimes when some lives must be taken. If Batman had put an end to the Joker a long time ago, a lot of problems and deaths would have been solved before they happened. And each time one of his allies break this rule, he goes berserk on them even when they did the right thing, no matter what you say.

- Spider-Man (Peter Parker) unable to go beyond a "pathetic loser" whose life stinks on continuous failure is disgusting. Please, who is going to relate itself with such a character? That's why I want Peter and MJ's marriage restored and having their own kids in the main Marvel Universe. Harry Osborn has two children, Eddie Brock has a son, Sandman has an adopted girl, even the Vulture (Adrien Toomes" has a grandaughter already. Heck, even Superman and Batman (the same Batman that can't keep a relationship) have sons of their own!! For Pete's sake!, if its possible for someone as hopeless as Batman to have a children, why can't Marvel allow Spider-Man to have one?!!!

You see what I mean?

Indeed. Here's one of their few interactions from...

Secret Avengers #23

Last edited by K7P5V; 08-12-2022 at 01:20 AM. Reason: Added Helpful Link.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris0013 View Post
    Teen Flash was a jerk...and abusive alcoholic son of an abusive alcoholic. The way I see it is that he would lash out at anyone to make himself feel better. Adult Flash is a better person all around who regrets the jerk kid he was.
    Cosigned.

Quote Originally Posted by Ursalink View Post
    Time passes for everyone, even fictional characters. Things change and a lot of stuff happens each year you gain.

That's why I can't barely hold it when comic books insist on leaving several character trapped in the same status quo and not leave them "evolve". I personally have two cases that bother me the most of all:

- Batman unwilling to accept that his "no killing" rule doesn't work, because experience has proven that in order to save a lot of people, there are sometimes when some lives must be taken. If Batman had put an end to the Joker a long time ago, a lot of problems and deaths would have been solved before they happened. And each time one of his allies break this rule, he goes berserk on them even when they did the right thing, no matter what you say.

- Spider-Man (Peter Parker) unable to go beyond a "pathetic loser" whose life stinks on continuous failure is disgusting. Please, who is going to relate itself with such a character? That's why I want Peter and MJ's marriage restored and having their own kids in the main Marvel Universe. Harry Osborn has two children, Eddie Brock has a son, Sandman has an adopted girl, even the Vulture (Adrien Toomes" has a grandaughter already. Heck, even Superman and Batman (the same Batman that can't keep a relationship) have sons of their own!! For Pete's sake!, if its possible for someone as hopeless as Batman to have a children, why can't Marvel allow Spider-Man to have one?!!!

You see what I mean?
    And depending on the canon, Batman even has two children, one by each of his great loves --- Helena Kyle-Wayne with Selina Kyle/Catwoman and Damian Wayne (nee al Ghul) with Talia al Ghul. That said, I do agree with you that in both his and Spider-Man's cases, neither of them being allowed to grow beyond the boxes their respective companies have placed them in, even when everyone else in their orbit has and generally been better for it . . . is quite dreadful.

Quote Originally Posted by K7P5V View Post
    Indeed. Here's one of their few interactions from...

Secret Avengers #23

Ha, yes.

Extraordinary Member

What is going on in Savage Avengers with Flash hitting on Dagger? They even kissed in this latest issue...in the middle of a fight.

Mighty Member

So much for possibly getting Red Sonja back, too . . .
    Wonder if they lose the rights for angela too in the future?

Quote Originally Posted by Chris0013 View Post
    What is going on in Savage Avengers with Flash hitting on Dagger? They even kissed in this latest issue...in the middle of a fight.
    Hell if I know.

Quote Originally Posted by Toxin45 View Post
    Wonder if they lose the rights for angela too in the future?
    Hmm . . .

Mighty Member

Hell if I know.

Hmm . . .
    Yeah flash as anti-venom in savage avengers is cool and all can’t wait for the crossover with the current venom and carnage series.

Angela will probably come back to spawn wouldn’t that be funny?

Quote Originally Posted by Toxin45 View Post
    Yeah flash as anti-venom in savage avengers is cool and all can’t wait for the crossover with the current venom and carnage series.

Angela will probably come back to spawn wouldn’t that be funny?
    Maybe, yeah. And Flash/Anti-Venom showing up in the current Venom and Carnage series would be spectacular.

^^^OMG! Agent Venom/Flash Thompson meeting up with Eddie Brock's Venom in their respective, current situations would be totally Awesome! (IMHO):

Why are they trying to make Flash and Dagger a thing?

I don't know but I don't like the way Flash act in this serie.

Quote Originally Posted by K7P5V View Post
    ^^^OMG! Agent Venom/Flash Thompson meeting up with Eddie Brock's Venom in their respective, current situations would be totally Awesome! (IMHO):

Agreed.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Why are they trying to make Flash and Dagger a thing?
    Shock if I know.

Quote Originally Posted by Marvel Wars View Post
    I don't know but I don't like the way Flash act in this serie.
    Same.