Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default All of Snyder’s Films Rumored To Be Erased In The Flash; Cavill Out Also

Looks like despite rumors of Cavill being in The Flash movie, that film will instead be erasing him from continuity instead.

Multiple insiders are backing up what one leaker who has a proven track record with MCU leaks and leaked the plot of NWH a long time in advance has said:

PSA: Just a reminder for folks to keep it civil in the comments and treat each other with respect.

Please report any comments that breach Rule 1 so appropriate action can be taken.

Thanks and best wishes!

The full series of tweets from MTTSH (as she did not thread them):

I don't usually tweet about DC stuff but I habe a friend who have seen The Flash and the movie will erase every movie Snyder has done. Man of Steel, Batman v Superman and Justice League never happened now. Erased from continuity. Affleck and Cavill are both gone

Supergirl now the main Supes of Earth. Keaton is Batman and Batgirl will become the new Batman after her film

Movie ends with Flash and Supergirl and Shazam forming a new Justice League.

I’m assuming Gadots WW is still involved going forward?
    Yes
    Link to Tweet

Looks like Cavill screwed himself out of a job by refusing to do the Shazam cameo.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

I had a feeling something like this was going to happen but not being surprised doesn't make me facepalm with any less force.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

I guess the only hope now is the Coates Superman movie is good but based on what T'Challa fans said about Coates, I'm not expecting much from there either. WB has to be one of the worst things to happen to DC Comics and especially Superman

Quote Originally Posted by The Kid View Post
    I guess the only hope now is the Coates Superman movie is good but based on what T'Challa fans said about Coates, I'm not expecting much from there either. WB has to be one of the worst things to happen to DC Comics and especially Superman
    Didn’t enjoy either his BP or his Cap runs and I detested The Force Awakens so much it pretty much killed my enthusiasm for Star Wars. Got no hype for that. If I heard good things about Sasha I may support her movie since I do love Kara, but otherwise the main DCEU universe just doesn’t interest me and I’ve written off film side Superman as a lost cause.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Jeez, even as someone who thinks Cavill's Superman is one of the most overrated performances in superhero movies (he's great as geralt, but a plank of wood as Superman), this is mean spirited and kills a lot of my interest in future dc movies. Admittedly, I will miss Batfleck more. Also wow, so Superman and Supergirl really are incapable of coexisting without one being diminshed for the other's benefit. I guess a movie where the two team up to fight brainiac is too much to ask in a world where 3 spidermen managed to star in the same kickass movie.
    Last edited by OpaqueGiraffe17; 01-01-2022 at 07:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Didn’t enjoy either his BP or his Cap runs and I detested The Force Awakens so much it pretty much killed my enthusiasm for Star Wars. Got no hype for that. If I heard good things about Sasha I may support her movie since I do love Kara, but otherwise the main DCEU universe just doesn’t interest me and I’ve written off film side Superman as a lost cause.
    Yea Coates/Abrams is a combo that doesn't promise any confidence at all. Ideally, I could shelve any thoughts on the upcoming DCEU shared universe disaster as long as Superman had a good self-contained series like Reeve's Batman but the creative team doesn't inspire the same level of trust. Really feels like WB just doesn't get or know what to do with Superman. They've been disastrous for the character and never known what to do with him

I feel like the writing was somewhat on the wall when it came to Cavill, but I can understand being disappointed.

"...and all the Snyder cultists and devotees will look up and shout HashtagRestoreTheSynderVerse

and Warners will whisper..."

THE MARK OF MY DIGNITY Superlad93's Avatar

I want to act like this is a shock, but it's not.

We seem to be entering a very real "Life After Clark" stage of the Superman IP. That doesn't mean they never use Clark again (he's clearly in things), but his hold on the IP and "head of the table" of the Superman brand as being totally a given beyond the general respect of him being the OG is in question. He's still clearly the guy that started it all, but we're starting to get the understanding that he doesn't have to be The Guy Today.

I imagine the next step for the Superman IP in the movies specifically will be to use Supergirl to introduce a new Superman under her. My guess is either a teenage Val-Zod or a teenage Jon Kent. But right now this does seem to point to the idea that Bruce and Clark have been 5Ged and they've been around for decades and are both quite old.

_________

I bet that's why there's been a bit of buzz about a Kingdom Come movie. Just think about it, if they're not going to do a Crisis movie, and Darkseid is a bust now, the only real big epic that everyone knows something about is Kingdom Come. That movie would likely function as a big epic swan song to Clark and Bruce's generation. I'm betting this is what they're Infinity War style building up to.
    "Mark my words! This drill will open a hole in the universe. And that hole will become a path for those that follow after us. The dreams of those who have fallen. The hopes of those who will follow. Those two sets of dreams weave together into a double helix, drilling a path towards tomorrow. THAT's Tengen Toppa! THAT'S Gurren Lagann! MY DRILL IS THE DRILL THAT CREATES THE HEAVENS!" - The Digger

We walk on the path to Secher Nbiw. Though hard fought, we walk the Golden Path.

Quote Originally Posted by Superlad93 View Post
    I want to act like this is a shock, but it's not.

We seem to be entering a very real "Life After Clark" stage of the Superman IP. That doesn't mean they never use Clark again (he's clearly in things), but his hold on the IP and "head of the table" of the Superman brand as being totally a given beyond the general respect of him being the OG is in question. He's still clearly the guy that started it all, but we're starting to get the understanding that he doesn't have to be The Guy Today.

I imagine the next step for the Superman IP in the movies specifically will be to use Supergirl to introduce a new Superman under her. My guess is either a teenage Val-Zod or a teenage Jon Kent. But right now this does seem to point to the idea that Bruce and Clark have been 5Ged and they've been around for decades and are both quite old.

_________

I bet that's why there's been a bit of buzz about a Kingdom Come movie. Just think about it, if they're not going to do a Crisis movie, and Darkseid is a bust now, the only real big epic that everyone knows something about is Kingdom Come. That movie would likely function as a big epic swan song to Clark and Bruce's generation. I'm betting this is what they're Infinity War style building up to.
    I was thinking about how similar this is to the 5G set up myself! Makes sense now why WB was willing to green light it. Wonder if that means Jace is going to become the DCEU Batman to replace Keaton after they’re done with Batgirl? And yeah I do think if we ever see a “white Superman” on the big screen again it will be Jon. Answers the question of why they’re pushing Jon so hard despite the near future projects starring a black Clark and Val. My guess is that once Sasha is done, they’ll introduce Jon as her replacement in the DCEU and he will take over. Clark isn’t being completely abandoned given MAWS, S&L, and I guess technically the Coates project, but they’re definitely seemingly pivoting towards emphasizing the other parts of his world as opposed to The Batman still revolving around Bruce Wayne.

As for what they’re building up to, apparently it’s CoIE. They’re making an animated trilogy for 2023 to introduce the story to a wider audience, and then when they’re done with this “phase” they’ll probably do a live action version of it as well to end things.

Guessing the WB guys don't post on the Superman/Clark Kent/Kal-El appreciation threads here.

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

People are talking about jon,kara,coates or whatever.If (or maybe when) that black adam movie succedes.Supes as an ip would be less of need for wb.Black adam would be mainstream and at the centre of pop culture as the flying brick archetype.Not superman.that's that.These guys?supermen/girl/woman, captain marvel..etc? Yeah! They are gonna play support or something to get beaten up.cap and family might stick around as part of the black adam's domain.But,wb might feel superman ip is unnecessary and won't be the go to flying brick.
    Last edited by manwhohaseverything; 01-01-2022 at 10:52 PM.
    "People’s Dreams... Have No Ends"

Looks like despite rumors of Cavill being in The Flash movie, that film will instead be erasing him from continuity instead.

Multiple insiders are backing up what one leaker who has a proven track record with MCU leaks and leaked the plot of NWH a long time in advance has said:

Link to Tweet

Looks like Cavill screwed himself out of a job by refusing to do the Shazam cameo.
    After FLASHPOINT I am not surprised about it..

I feel bad for him and even more for Affleck..

DAMN. WB ruined me any chance to see Darkseid.. These Idiots Anyway. Fortunately since Batman&Superman I only saw Aquaman and Joker.. Few of my money was wasted in them.

snip
    Clark’s “pop culture” image unfortunately sucks and may not be something he can ever escape. Counter argument though: if they had done a Superman movie in the vein of Aquaman, a big dumb popcorn flick where he fought Brainiac or Metallo or someone other than the two Superman villains we keep seeing again and again, then I think a Superman film could’ve done just fine. Hell MoS still made $600 million and I don’t think it was totally impossible to have built a good sequel from what was set up there. Snyder just dropped the ball in every way. Smallville was huge, Superman Returns made more money than Batman Begins, S&L seems to have been a success so far, what killed Superman was WB pretty much abandoned him for a prolonged period of time. No solo cartoons, multiple failed Superman projects (I would’ve loved to have seen that Burton Superman film as insane as it seemed) because of idiotic edicts from the execs, Factor 5’s promising Superman game getting killed by the Great Recession, I think the character’s current state is as much the fault of WB as it is problems baked into his character.

After the fight with Kara I'd bet good money that Brainiac becomes a JLA threat much the same way he did in the DCAU. Unlike a comic there's such a limited amount of space that when bad guys like that come back it's mainly for crossover movies or team movies. I'd rather see Jon build out his own set of villains to fight.

For example, why fight Brainiac when Superman Secondus is fated to fight Solaris aka cooler Brainiac?
    If he got to fight Solaris hell yeah, I’ll take that over Brainiac. But deep in your heart you know Solaris is simply too cool for WB to ever put to film lol. Also that means we’re reliant on Taylor to build up Jon’s Rogues which… is a huge gamble to put it mildly. Using Wildstorm characters for Jon like Bendix is great, but Taylor’s villains are typically shallow, either cartoonishly evil caricatures or wholesome cinnamon rolls who aren’t really evil at all aka Harley Quinn/Poison Ivy.

Utterly hate giving up Brainiac to the JL although that’s kind of a lost cause at this point give Injustice 2 and SS:KTJL I suppose.
    I'd give up literally all the good will and press Taylor has built up for Jon as both a teen and Superman if it meant Fraction getting to do his 5G Superman with Jon. There's a universe out there were things are just...better.
    No guarantee Fraction wouldn’t have been driven away by Didio’s meddling like so many other creators were, but he would’ve given us something amazing with Jon while Taylor rarely rises above ok. Greatest fear is Taylor will Byrne Jon, giving him a foundation that’s a sales success but is garbage in the long run.

Link to Tweet

This is beyond retarded. It just proves WB has no idea what to do with these characters.