Quote Originally Posted by The World View Post
to the current Superman and Lois you once again are losing viewers from one show to the next. Quite honestly that points towards people seeing something with some initial novelty before rapidly losing interest and moving on to something else.
Going to put this up front: I generally don't like CW-style shows, so it's not like I ever root for them to succeed.

With that out of the way, what's considered good or bad ratings retention? I see Superman & Lois ratings hovered around 1.2 million for the first five episodes, then went up and down for the next 10 episodes, and then the last episode of the season had by far the lowest rating.

It looks like the show's mid-season hiatus put a huge dent in its ratings, which explains how it went from 1.2 million viewers to 700k. And the two extra weeks off between the 13th and 14th episode probably hurt the ratings for the last two. But I'm just surprised that the 15th episode pulled in such lousy numbers. I figured season finales usually got a slight bump in the same way that the last issue in a comic run often does.

In short, I'm not sure how well this show is performing against expectations. It was the fifth-highest rated show on the network last year for the 18-49 age demo. Maybe the issue is less that it lost a bunch of viewers since its debut and more that its intro episodes pulled in more viewers than what was really expected. I dunno.