Page 17 of 36 FirstFirst ... 713141516171819202127 ... LastLast
    Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    It’s especially funny given Cavill said he wanted to play a more traditional Superman, and now the only way for him to return is as evil Superman is these leaks are accurate.
    Afaik, it's not specified if Batfleck is trapped in the knightmare timeline or elsewhere. Snyder's plotlines will be likely dropped.

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post
    Afaik, it's not specified if Batfleck is trapped in the knightmare timeline or elsewhere. Snyder's plotlines will be likely dropped.
    If they’re really shutting the door on Cavill then it would make more sense for Batffleck to be dropped on an Earth where he gets a better end. Otherwise they’d have to get Cavill back for any Knightmare follow ups and I can’t see him being on board for that if they’re really erasing him like the leaks say. Also I guess Grace (ugh I hate that we’re back to treating her as a legit source but she did call this a couple weeks in advance) said that the Coates project isn’t cancelled and the new date for the submission is this summer. My guess is they’re going to let Zaslov take a look and sign off or reject it. If we go through the entire summer without an update, or really just June since that’s a BLM anniversary and I’m sure WB would want to capitalize on that, then we can say that project is dead/in dev hell.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Extraordinary Member superduperman's Avatar

Just so we're clear: We now have TWO movie Batmen and no movie Superman. I'd say this frees them up to reboot but I doubt they'd even bother at this point.
    Assassinate Putin!

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

If they’re really shutting the door on Cavill then it would make more sense for Batffleck to be dropped on an Earth where he gets a better end. Otherwise they’d have to get Cavill back for any Knightmare follow ups and I can’t see him being on board for that if they’re really erasing him like the leaks say. Also I guess Grace (ugh I hate that we’re back to treating her as a legit source but she did call this a couple weeks in advance) said that the Coates project isn’t cancelled and the new date for the submission is this summer. My guess is they’re going to let Zaslov take a look and sign off or reject it. If we go through the entire summer without an update, or really just June since that’s a BLM anniversary and I’m sure WB would want to capitalize on that, then we can say that project is dead/in dev hell.
    As I said in the other thread over the DC board, it seems Flash will create a new Earth/timeline while the pre-Flash DCEU will keep going as its own Earth, so Cavill as Batfleck is still "existing" over there. I still don't get what his status (beside the shift of focus on Supergirl) in the main DCEU was supposed to be.

Grace is hit and miss. I didn't know she said the Coates project is still in development. Even if cancelled, WB will morph it in another Superman project, as pretty much they are doing for years now.

Quote Originally Posted by superduperman View Post
    Just so we're clear: We now have TWO movie Batmen and no movie Superman. I'd say this frees them up to reboot but I doubt they'd even bother at this point.
    I don’t think they will.
    Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post
    As I said in the other thread over the DC board, it seems Flash will create a new Earth/timeline while the pre-Flash DCEU will keep going as its own Earth, so Cavill as Batfleck is still "existing" over there. I still don't get what his status (beside the shift of focus on Supergirl) in the main DCEU was supposed to be.

Grace is hit and miss. I didn't know she said the Coates project is still in development. Even if cancelled, WB will morph it in another Superman project, as pretty much they are doing for years now.
    I can’t confirm she actually said that, I just saw people on Twitter saying it so maybe it was bs. It’s funny because Cavill fucked himself over by not doing the Shazam cameo. Sandberg said that Superman was the one character he wanted to make a movie of, if Cavill was in Shazam and hadn’t burned his bridges with both, maybe he would’ve gotten to make a Superman movie with Sandberg.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

I'm not surprised. I think I've said for years now Cavill wouldn't be getting a movie unless it was "Black Adam Beats the **** out of Superman: The Movie", and Cavill wasn't playing ball with the cameos and sidekick/mentor only offer. So the only option was to make it official that he wasn't coming back. I also said that Supergirl would be replacing him in the DCEU, and the only film Superman going forward would be a reboot one, probably the Coates' scripted film.

I'm not psychic, I'm not a Hollywood insider, but they've been telegraphing this one for years now.

I think we’ll get a Supergirl movie before a new Superman one and I’m fine with that.

I genuinely believe WB is run by retards. Like how can you f*ck something like this up? This is what happens when you try to catch up to Marvel instead of World building. But why is Superman suffering? It's not his fault?

I think we’ll get a Supergirl movie before a new Superman one and I’m fine with that.
    Depends on where they're at with the Abrams/Coates reboot.

and so tv and movie Superman were reverses of each other.

tv/Arrowverse superman: starts off as nonexistent when the franchise starts, then is introduced with faceless stunt doubles, then used in guest appearences/crossovers with actual actor, then given lead role

movie/dceu Superman: starts a universe as a main character, demoted to a part of an ensemble for crossovers with batman and JL, only show up as faceless stunt double, erased no longer exists in continuity.

seriously WB can not make a real plan as far as dc goes for their life. Every long term project winds up completely different from their initial vision, completely reactionary.

Quote Originally Posted by Prime View Post
    I genuinely believe WB is run by retards. Like how can you f*ck something like this up? This is what happens when you try to catch up to Marvel instead of World building. But why is Superman suffering? It's not his fault?
    you know you can express your fan anger without taking it out on the mentally disabled, right? it's 2022, grow up *******.

Quote Originally Posted by OpaqueGiraffe17 View Post
    and so tv and movie Superman were reverses of each other.

tv/Arrowverse superman: starts off as nonexistent when the franchise starts, then is introduced with faceless stunt doubles, then used in guest appearences/crossovers with actual actor, then given lead role

movie/dceu Superman: starts a universe as a main character, demoted to a part of an ensemble for crossovers with batman and JL, only show up as faceless stunt double, erased no longer exists in continuity.
    Glad I’m not the only one who can appreciate the beautiful irony here. Hoechlin went from being a supporting character to the main star of his own show while Cavill has been completely shoved to the side.
    seriously WB can not make a real plan as far as dc goes for their life. Every long term project winds up completely different from their initial vision, completely reactionary.
    They do have a plan, it’s a shitty one for those of us who want to see a traditional Superman take but their plan has been consistent for a while. Superman is gone and Supergirl takes his spot in the DCEU. I wouldn’t even care if I wasn’t so pissed off at the bullshit they’re fielding as Cavill’s replacement. I hate that the only two choices are apparently Cavill with all his baggage or letting Abrams and Coates take over, **** both of those choices.

I'm at least a C-Lister! exile001's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by superduperman View Post
    Oh, will you please stop exaggerating, it's not that ba...

Wait a minute, we have THREE! Keaton, Affleck and Pattinson!

Man, it is crazy that WB don't have another Superman movie ready to go at this point. Luckily, I'm also a huge Batman fan so I'm pretty much always covered.
    Last edited by exile001; 03-31-2022 at 07:05 AM.
    "Has Sariel summoned you here, Azrael? Have you come to witness the miracle of your brethren arriving on Earth?"

"I WILL MIX THE ASHES OF YOUR BONES WITH SALT AND USE THEM TO ENSURE THE EARTH THE TEMPLARS TILLED NEVER BEARS FRUIT AGAIN!"

"*sigh* I hoped it was for the miracle."

Dan Watters' Azrael was incredible, a constant delight and perhaps too good for this world (but not the Forth). For the love of St. Dumas, DC, give us more!!!

Lmao I just realized that this will be the second time Zod has killed Kal in the DCEU. Hilarious!

Spectacular Member

I cannot believe that WB are actively working towards a DC universe where Supergirl not only takes over for Superman, but one where Superman was wiped out as an infant and doesn't even exist.

People actually got paid to come up with this? Dear lord. Between this and all of the accounts of Emmerich and Hamada's constant meddling and trying to get Joker cancelled, it really feels like the inmates are running the asylum over there. At this point I kind of want Saslov to come in and completely dissolve WB altogether.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by The World View Post
    Tbh I don't really get the eagerness to recreate the Donner/Reeves era Superman movies or pointing towards the tv shows as some kind of sign of where the franchise needs to be heading. His numbers from both are trending downwards. Each Reeve movie made less money than the one before it, including from 1 to 2. Lois and Clark, to Smallville, to the current Superman and Lois you once again are losing viewers from one show to the next. Quite honestly that points towards people seeing something with some initial novelty before rapidly losing interest and moving on to something else. I'd argue other than the original Superman: The Movie the Superman franchise has mainly had things that seem big if you look at some numbers in isolation but when you look at the overall effect they've had on pushing the character forward they're pretty much nothing burgers. I've seen people tout Lois & Clark as this big thing for keeping Superman in the public consciousness because it boasted 40 million viewers at one point. These days no one talks about that show unless Dean Cain has put himself in the news somehow. The most significant thing about that show are the political opinions of the old main character, that's it. Other than that it's just a dated rom-com sitcom from the 90's and if someone points out the best sit coms from the 90's they're more likely to point to Fraisher, Friends, or Sienfield than Lois & Clark.

By comparison pretty much everything Batman has been throwing out has created a certain amount of inertia behing the character since the 80's. Even his "failures" like the Schumacher films seem to lend it's itself to his overall momentum.
    So, that's it? Superman is just doomed to a slow death?