Page 18 of 36 FirstFirst ... 814151617181920212228 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by NathanS View Post
    So, that's it? Superman is just doomed to a slow death?
    Obviously not. There's a lot of doomers and gloomers here and anything that isn't Batman is a utter failure. Superman & Lois is doing very well, particularly streaming. Hollywood Reporter just stated it is very successful on HBO Max as well. Which is kind of hilarious to me given when it was announced on the CW the complaint was that it wasn't an HBO Max show so wouldn't do well. Smallville was one of the most popular shows streaming on Hulu for a good time and the Superman comics are doing very well (but again, because of the insecurities of Superman fans if it doesn't beat Batman there's no point in publishing apparently.)

Quote Originally Posted by Monari View Post
    I cannot believe that WB are actively working towards a DC universe where Supergirl not only takes over for Superman, but one where Superman was wiped out as an infant and doesn't even exist.
    Think you have this wrong. Superman is killed as an infant in the Flashpoint timeline. Supergirl is captured by the U.S. government, but once freed is the sole surviving member of the House of El. When the timeline gets reset, it's assumed that Superman will be there, but the focus will shift to Kara.

Quote Originally Posted by Yoda View Post
    Obviously not. There's a lot of doomers and gloomers here and anything that isn't Batman is a utter failure. Superman & Lois is doing very well, particularly streaming. Hollywood Reporter just stated it is very successful on HBO Max as well. Which is kind of hilarious to me given when it was announced on the CW the complaint was that it wasn't an HBO Max show so wouldn't do well. Smallville was one of the most popular shows streaming on Hulu for a good time and the Superman comics are doing very well (but again, because of the insecurities of Superman fans if it doesn't beat Batman there's no point in publishing apparently.)
    Yeah he’s going to have a TV show and a cartoon, he’ll be in theaters this year with the Krypto movie, he’s doing way better than Green Arrow has been doing since his show ended. But it is par for course when it comes to WB’s treatment of him that next year is his 85th anniversary and they’re celebrating it by having Zod kill him as a baby and either erase or sideline him on the film side in favor of Supergirl.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

THE MARK OF MY DIGNITY Superlad93's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Yeah he’s going to have a TV show and a cartoon, he’ll be in theaters this year with the Krypto movie, he’s doing way better than Green Arrow has been doing since his show ended. But it is par for course when it comes to WB’s treatment of him that next year is his 85th anniversary and they’re celebrating it by having Zod kill him as a baby and either erase or sideline him on the film side in favor of Supergirl.
    Zod kills him as a baby? Was that "leaked" or are you or someone just just speculating?
    "Mark my words! This drill will open a hole in the universe. And that hole will become a path for those that follow after us. The dreams of those who have fallen. The hopes of those who will follow. Those two sets of dreams weave together into a double helix, drilling a path towards tomorrow. THAT's Tengen Toppa! THAT'S Gurren Lagann! MY DRILL IS THE DRILL THAT CREATES THE HEAVENS!" - The Digger

We walk on the path to Secher Nbiw. Though hard fought, we walk the Golden Path.

Quote Originally Posted by Superlad93 View Post
    Zod kills him as a baby? Was that "leaked" or are you or someone just just speculating?
    It’s what happens to him in the Flashpoint time line on Keaton’s Earth, and yeah it’s one of the “leaks”. No clue if that event carries over to the post-Flashpoint merged Earth.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

Leaked. In the Flashpoint timeline where Supergirl exists is mentioned Ka-El was killed as a baby by Zod.

Ok so the leaks say that by the end of Flash it’s established that there is no Superman in the DCEU. Cavill will remain in the Snyderverse and Kara is the only known survivor of Krypton. To me that’s basically WB clearing the slate for Superman in the DCEU so that they can reboot the character down the road, but if he shows up he’d be younger than Kara and she would’ve been his predecessor.

Ok so the leaks say that by the end of Flash it’s established that there is no Superman in the DCEU. Cavill will remain in the Snyderverse and Kara is the only known survivor of Krypton. To me that’s basically WB clearing the slate for Superman in the DCEU so that they can reboot the character down the road, but if he shows up he’d be younger than Kara and she would’ve been his predecessor.
    This is beyond retarded. This is what happens when you don't map out your universe

Going to go ahead and guess that if this is true they'll set up Snyder's guy as "Earth-2 Superman" and Kara as "Earth-1". Flash of Two worlds after all.

If the idea that Zod killed Kal as a baby is legit then MBJ's Superman TV show staring a black Kryptonian will likely be Val-Zod. Shanon is white, yes, but Ursa hasn't been shown yet, so they could easily make her black and Val biracial.

There'll be tension between Kara and Val for what his father did, but eventually she'll get over it, he'll become Superman, and they'll fuck.

That'll leave Cavill in the pocket to come back for a Crisis movie where they team up. Kara may even end up kicking the bucket along with Barry Cap and Tony style during said Crisis.

_________

Also the off chance that they end up doing a sort of amalgamation of Chris Kent and Jon Kent and have Kara raise and train him as the world's very first Superman.

It would parallel Keaton's Batman training Batgirl. Given we haven't heard anything about MBJ's show in a while and the Coats movie may be in limbo, and they're about to get a lot of flack for erasing Superman from the main DCU, they may want to go with a relatively safer option that meshes with what the comics are pushing and seeing success with?

I don't really know
    "Mark my words! This drill will open a hole in the universe. And that hole will become a path for those that follow after us. The dreams of those who have fallen. The hopes of those who will follow. Those two sets of dreams weave together into a double helix, drilling a path towards tomorrow. THAT's Tengen Toppa! THAT'S Gurren Lagann! MY DRILL IS THE DRILL THAT CREATES THE HEAVENS!" - The Digger

We walk on the path to Secher Nbiw. Though hard fought, we walk the Golden Path.

Apparently Faora is also coming over to the new rebooted timeline. Doesn’t rule out what you’re theorizing Superlad, but I still think MBJ’s show, if it happens, will be an Elseworld thing and not part of the “main” continuity. My guess is that a “new” Superman will come out of CoIE and spin out of Supergirl, I don’t see Cavill returning for Crisis either. I think WB is eyeing what’s been done with Superman over in the Arrowverse, I don’t think it’s a coincidence that the Superman in the Krypto movie has the Fleschier S-shield after Hoechlin’s very publicly well received appearance wearing that same shield.

BANNED

Let me begin by saying that I loathe everything Nolan, Goyer, and Snyder have done with DC Comics films. Some are well made films, but I don't personally believe that they're faithful adaptations.

That said, I HATE when fans of something have to endure the erasure of what they enjoy. Or, even worse, see what they love deconstructed. I enjoyed COIE at the time, but as I've aged, I've come to believe that the "both/and" approach is vastly superior to the "and/or" approach.

I absolutely think DC on film should be rebooted, but I also think the Snyder version should remain intact so that fans have some hope it will one day be revisited.

If they're going out of their way to also mention and show Faora then I'm going to double down and guess that rather than Kara and Val fucking, it's going to be a young teen son of Zod being the adopted younger brother to Kara.

Physically they'd likely be playing it safe and making him either white or white passing Hispanic.

My first best guess says that it'll be a mix of Tomasi's Rebirth, Gods & Monsters, and Johns' Third Kryptonian comic.

I'm guessing from here on out Kara is effectively the Captain Marvel of the DCEU.

Quote Originally Posted by Kirk Brent View Post
    Let me begin by saying that I loathe everything Nolan, Goyer, and Snyder have done with DC Comics films. Some are well made films, but I don't personally believe that they're faithful adaptations.

That said, I HATE when fans of something have to endure the erasure of what they enjoy. Or, even worse, see what they love deconstructed. I enjoyed COIE at the time, but as I've aged, I've come to believe that the "both/and" approach is vastly superior to the "and/or" approach.

I absolutely think DC on film should be rebooted, but I also think the Snyder version should remain intact so that fans have some hope it will one day be revisited.
    The “Snyderverse” is apparently still left as an intact Earth within the Multiverse, so it still exists and Cavill is still “out there”. But he’s not a part of the plan going forward and it’s unlikely he would return for Crisis given his refusal to return for anything else outside of another solo movie. WB is also unlikely to make any return to the Snyderverse given Zaslov is a penny pincher who is not known for giving second chances and the SC didn’t bring in major numbers for HBO Max.
    If they're going out of their way to also mention and show Faora then I'm going to double down and guess that rather than Kara and Val fucking, it's going to be a young teen son of Zod being the adopted younger brother to Kara.

Physically they'd likely be playing it safe and making him either white or white passing Hispanic.

My first best guess says that it'll be a mix of Tomasi's Rebirth, Gods & Monsters, and Johns' Third Kryptonian comic.

I'm guessing from here on out Kara is effectively the Captain Marvel of the DCEU.
    I liked Gods & Monsters and it would be cool to see Lor, but fuck it is depressing that Kal is being Green Lantern’d. Hate that Cavill is taking the character down with him. I’d seriously rather they just go full Elseworld and do your idea for Jon with Kal. Cast Kal with a Latin actor who arrives after Kara and she ends up raising him just as originally intended. I love Supergirl but I’m going to be so full of fanboy butthurt when she’s the one who gets to fight Brainiac in a solo movie because Snyder is a fucking moron who tossed the Superman trilogy plans to bring in Batman and do some weird cuckold shit. Least I have S&L and MAWS (I know you aren’t feeling S&L anymore so my sympathy to you man).

The “Snyderverse” is apparently still left as an intact Earth within the Multiverse, so it still exists and Cavill is still “out there”. But he’s not a part of the plan going forward and it’s unlikely he would return for Crisis given his refusal to return for anything else outside of another solo movie. WB is also unlikely to make any return to the Snyderverse given Zaslov is a penny pincher who is not known for giving second chances and the SC didn’t bring in major numbers for HBO Max.

I liked Gods & Monsters and it would be cool to see Lor, but fuck it is depressing that Kal is being Green Lantern’d. Hate that Cavill is taking the character down with him. I’d seriously rather they just go full Elseworld and do your idea for Jon with Kal. Cast Kal with a Latin actor who arrives after Kara and she ends up raising him just as originally intended. I love Supergirl but I’m going to be so full of fanboy butthurt when she’s the one who gets to fight Brainiac in a solo movie because Snyder is a fucking moron who tossed the Superman trilogy plans to bring in Batman and do some weird cuckold shit. Least I have S&L and MAWS (I know you aren’t feeling S&L anymore so my sympathy to you man).
    Would be far too radical a change for it to be Kal. By that point you might as well make him a new character. He wouldn't even have the Kents as parents in this.

But where this idea does actually show some promise in terms of creating a more easily understood (for those that don't get him or are resistant to him) Superman(Boy).

You're doing a character with a secret past where the space parents that he comes from are actually assholes, and something to be avoided. But since the uptick in most people actually wanting to characterize Superman's roots as more than just the place he got his power, and comparing them to the idea of being a real life immigrant, you need to have him nurtured by a good authority figure who is of that culture/people and can show him the better side of it while also helping him adjust to Earth.

There's also the fish out of water aspect that you just can really do with Clark no matter how you spin it because this is a kid coming to Earth when he's like 12 or 13 rather than 1.

You get to play with a lot of compelling "deep down am I evil" internal conflict that's extremely simple to grasp while not saying Krypton is full of shitheads. I mean, this will be the most narrative weight Zod has had ever. He KILLED a baby, and that baby would've been Superman. That's Kara's cousin. Now she's been alone on this planet for years as their champion, and then a young boy who turns out to also be Zod's kid turns up. The mix of emotions there alone is enough to turn these two into the next Mando and Baby Yoda or Joel and Ellie from Last of Us. Two people who make a family together and support each other.

Character wise, there's a pretty good shot they'll name him Jon, yeah (if this theory holds any water at all). Making them both white passing Hispanic lets you still capitalize on it in the comics with what you already have. Just start really pushing Kara and Jon together and cultivating that sibling dynamic. But in the actual movies he'd likely be amalgamation of Jon, Chris, Conner, and some original ideas.

I could go for this in the movies. Yeah, I really could. It's not ideal, but given the limited time and space they have to fart out a shared universe that'll work before Marvel moves on to the 5th version of the idea, it makes enough sense given their priorities right now.

Think Johns' Last Son meets The Last of Us.

Going to go ahead and guess that if this is true they'll set up Snyder's guy as "Earth-2 Superman" and Kara as "Earth-1". Flash of Two worlds after all.

If the idea that Zod killed Kal as a baby is legit then MBJ's Superman TV show staring a black Kryptonian will likely be Val-Zod. Shanon is white, yes, but Ursa hasn't been shown yet, so they could easily make her black and Val biracial.

There'll be tension between Kara and Val for what his father did, but eventually she'll get over it, he'll become Superman, and they'll fuck.

That'll leave Cavill in the pocket to come back for a Crisis movie where they team up. Kara may even end up kicking the bucket along with Barry Cap and Tony style during said Crisis.
    Chances are very strong that MBJ's Val Zod Superman series won't be part of the DCEU proper. Much like the Snyder Cut of Justice League, this show is HBO Max kind of going over the heads of the DCEU film department guys. There seems to be some odd friction between the two. The film head guys wanted MBJ to be Clark Kent, he wanted to be Val Zod, they dropped him to continue their plan to race bend Clark, and the streaming guys swooped in and took MBJ up on his better idea.

I'm not saying for sure it's outside of the DCEU, but I wouldn't bet on it.