Page 31 of 36 FirstFirst ... 21272829303132333435 ... LastLast
    Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Superlad93 View Post
    I mean, it's not *just* "Batman replacing Batman though, is it? Affleck is 49, and Keaton is 73. That's literally decades of difference. That means his parents are older or had him at a wildly different time. In terms of events happening in a different way due to time travel, simply saying "hey Kara lived and Kal didn't" is more believable than making a man go from 49 to 73 because of time travel.
    Even with the different age, it's the same character. They aren't erasing BM, and making Robin the one true hero Gotham ever had (this is like the Supergirl is now Superman thing sounds).

I disagree. Not only is the point of the conflict in the film less to do with Zod or Kara, it's solved via Barry finishing an arc and identifying the real problem. The rest? That's more so left in a general "everything worked out, but we nod that this world is very different". This is why it's treated as a shock when we see Keaton, Kara, and the Wonder Woman sign on the bus. This film's conclusion is now satisfied, and what's left is the playground they've made to explore in other films.
    I can't see it a satisfying conclusion if you'll left your audience debating which character still exists.

To be honest, they are making this shit on the fly, and without the Supergirl script being done or filmed, they can't address anything related to her character or the SM mythos, because they have no clue of what they'll end up with.

THE MARK OF MY DIGNITY Superlad93's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post
    you'll left your audience debating which character still exists.
    That'll be the point of changing things at all. You leave the audience wondering the odds and ends of this new timeline and how it's different or the same from the one we know. You'll have gotten a small look at it with Kara and Keaton as the new "Superman" and Batman.

But in terms of the conflict for this film? That's set up and solved. The antagonist is presented throughout the film, and beaten in the end. Zod is only a symptom of that, and the particulars of what Man of Steel was or what BVS was are not for this movie to hammer out right in front of you.
    "Mark my words! This drill will open a hole in the universe. And that hole will become a path for those that follow after us. The dreams of those who have fallen. The hopes of those who will follow. Those two sets of dreams weave together into a double helix, drilling a path towards tomorrow. THAT's Tengen Toppa! THAT'S Gurren Lagann! MY DRILL IS THE DRILL THAT CREATES THE HEAVENS!" - The Digger

We walk on the path to Secher Nbiw. Though hard fought, we walk the Golden Path.

That'll be the point of changing things at all. You leave the audience wondering the odds and ends of this new timeline and how it's different or the same from the one we know. You'll have gotten a small look at it with Kara and Keaton as the new "Superman" and Batman.

But in terms of the conflict for this film? That's set up and solved. The antagonist is presented throughout the film, and beaten in the end. Zod is only a symptom of that, and the particulars of what Man of Steel was or what BVS was are not for this movie to hammer out right in front of you.
    Not BvS, but MoS has to be addressed even in the most generic away if the movie plays as a What If? of it for most part.

We have to agree to disagree on that.

Last Son you’re arguing that erasing Superman entirely “breaks continuity” or whatever but you’re missing two crucial points:

1. They don’t care. WB doesn’t give a shit if the timeline doesn’t make sense now, the Whedon JL unceremoniously dropped the Knightmare plot-line so they’ve already established that they care more about going in the direction they want than making sure everything lines up, now they’re just doing it to Superman entirely because the goal of this movie is to kick the Snyder stuff out of the DCEU so they can go in a different direction. Getting rid of Cavill and Affleck and bringing in Keaton and Calle is what this movie is built to do (oh and maybe have a little arc for the Flash as well). Affleck played ball and decided he wanted to maybe come back for Crisis so they left an opening for him to do that. Cavill didn’t so he’s just gone and his Superman is gone with him.
    2. Everything points to Kara being the only Kryptonian going forward. That “joke” is meant to let the audience know “hey Superman doesn’t exist anymore” it has no other purpose. All the leaks say that the plan is an all female Trinity of Supergirl, Batgirl, and Wonder Woman. Superman is erased and Batman is taking a backseat so as not to compete with Reeves and Battison. And this is just a temporary stopgate until the hard reboot coming with Crisis.

Even if you were right and the joke isn’t meant to explicitly erase Cavill the odds of him ever coming back are still slim to none. WB hasn’t budged and neither has he despite repeated negotiations, there’s no sign that he’ll be coming back to play the role any time soon. At best maybe he agrees to come back for a quick cameo in Crisis, but that’s all.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

THE MARK OF MY DIGNITY Superlad93's Avatar

Not BvS, but MoS has to be addressed even in the most generic away if the movie plays as a What If? of it for most part.
    Both and JL would have to be addressed if you're going to laser focus on it that hard. Did Kara die fight Doomsday? Did Bruce hate Kara? And on and on and on. That's why it ultimately doesn't matter. Zod isn't the villain. It doesn't even sound like he's in the film till part way through the second act. That's not a main antagonist.
    "Mark my words! This drill will open a hole in the universe. And that hole will become a path for those that follow after us. The dreams of those who have fallen. The hopes of those who will follow. Those two sets of dreams weave together into a double helix, drilling a path towards tomorrow. THAT's Tengen Toppa! THAT'S Gurren Lagann! MY DRILL IS THE DRILL THAT CREATES THE HEAVENS!" - The Digger

We walk on the path to Secher Nbiw. Though hard fought, we walk the Golden Path.

Here’s all you really need to know: For Superman’s 85th Anniversary and the 10th Anniversary of Man of Steel, they’re killing Clark as a baby in one timeline, killing/erasing him from the main one too, and erasing Man of Steel entirely

Happy birthday big guy!
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    All the leaks say that the plan is an all female Trinity of Supergirl, Batgirl, and Wonder Woman. Superman is erased and Batman is taking a backseat so as not to compete with Reeves and Battison. And this is just a temporary stopgate until the hard reboot coming with Crisis.
    Wait, why are we doing this bullshit if Crisis reboot is coming? Shouldn't then they just do more movies like Batman and Joker to fill the gap?

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

Here’s all you really need to know: For Superman’s 85th Anniversary and the 10th Anniversary of Man of Steel, they’re killing Clark as a baby in one timeline, killing/erasing him from the main one too, and erasing Man of Steel entirely

Happy birthday big guy!
    But...But..he's a cute baby...Fiends!
    "People’s Dreams... Have No Ends"

Quote Originally Posted by HsssH View Post
    Wait, why are we doing this bullshit if Crisis reboot is coming? Shouldn't then they just do more movies like Batman and Joker to fill the gap?
    I think they want to try another JL movie with Gadot and Maoma since those two are really popular, so this is an attempt to buy time until they feel confident enough to try and do that. Crisis will be what they do when those two are done and want to exit Endgame style.

Last Son you’re arguing that erasing Superman entirely “breaks continuity” or whatever but you’re missing two crucial points:

1. They don’t care. WB doesn’t give a shit if the timeline doesn’t make sense now, the Whedon JL unceremoniously dropped the Knightmare plot-line so they’ve already established that they care more about going in the direction they want than making sure everything lines up, now they’re just doing it to Superman entirely because the goal of this movie is to kick the Snyder stuff out of the DCEU so they can go in a different direction. Getting rid of Cavill and Affleck and bringing in Keaton and Calle is what this movie is built to do (oh and maybe have a little arc for the Flash as well). Affleck played ball and decided he wanted to maybe come back for Crisis so they left an opening for him to do that. Cavill didn’t so he’s just gone and his Superman is gone with him.
    2. Everything points to Kara being the only Kryptonian going forward. That “joke” is meant to let the audience know “hey Superman doesn’t exist anymore” it has no other purpose. All the leaks say that the plan is an all female Trinity of Supergirl, Batgirl, and Wonder Woman. Superman is erased and Batman is taking a backseat so as not to compete with Reeves and Battison. And this is just a temporary stopgate until the hard reboot coming with Crisis.

Even if you were right and the joke isn’t meant to explicitly erase Cavill the odds of him ever coming back are still slim to none. WB hasn’t budged and neither has he despite repeated negotiations, there’s no sign that he’ll be coming back to play the role any time soon. At best maybe he agrees to come back for a quick cameo in Crisis, but that’s all.
    They can't make plans past the movies they are filming right now, what make you think they have already an hard reboot in the cards, lol? And I'm supposed to be the one in the wrong to call nonsense Superman's "erasure"?

Both and JL would have to be addressed if you're going to laser focus on it that hard. Did Kara die fight Doomsday? Did Bruce hate Kara? And on and on and on. That's why it ultimately doesn't matter. Zod isn't the villain. It doesn't even sound like he's in the film till part way through the second act. That's not a main antagonist.
    Nah they don't. Only the Zod part. And the JL is still a team, no need to address it beyond that.

Happy birthday big guy!
    MTTSH is that you?
    Last edited by Last Son of Krypton; 04-28-2022 at 11:10 AM.

aa..mm..what's mttsh?

Quote Originally Posted by manwhohaseverything View Post
    aa..mm..what's mttsh?
    The Marvel leaker that inspired this thread, she makes these type of claims to piss off DC fans.

They can't make plans past the movies they are filming right now, what make you think they have already an hard reboot in the cards, lol? And I'm supposed to be the one in the wrong to call nonsense Superman's "erasure"?
    They do have a plan apparently. It’s not a plan I am happy with or excited for but it’s pretty clear what it is if you believe the rumors.

MTTSH is that you?
    Hah I’ll admit I’m pissed and definitely wrote that looking like this:

But that is what it seems they’re doing. I just don’t share your faith that WB wouldn’t unceremoniously kick Superman to the curb like that.

Quote Originally Posted by manwhohaseverything View Post
    aa..mm..what's mttsh?
    My Time To Shine, she’s an “insider” who spends her days whipping up the Snyder fans into a rage in order to sell them NFTs.

They do have a plan apparently. It’s not a plan I am happy with or excited for but it’s pretty clear what it is if you believe the rumors.
    Jim Lee teased a live action Crisis at Fandome, but I don't think they are planning beyond a potential multiversal crossover.

Hah I’ll admit I’m pissed and definitely wrote that looking like this:

But that is what it seems they’re doing. I just don’t share your faith that WB wouldn’t unceremoniously kick Superman to the curb like that.
    lmao. It's sad being Superman fans.

We'll see. We'll see. I wouldn't be surprised if Black Adam will have a post credit scene with The Rock seeing SM on TV to tease a future fight, like Venom 2's post-credit, lol.

The Marvel leaker that inspired this thread, she makes these type of claims to piss off DC fans.
    what's her strike rate?I mean,how good is she?