Page 1 of 36 1234511 ... LastLast

Default All of Snyder’s Films Rumored To Be Erased In The Flash; Cavill Out Also

Looks like despite rumors of Cavill being in The Flash movie, that film will instead be erasing him from continuity instead.

Multiple insiders are backing up what one leaker who has a proven track record with MCU leaks and leaked the plot of NWH a long time in advance has said:

PSA: Just a reminder for folks to keep it civil in the comments and treat each other with respect.

Please report any comments that breach Rule 1 so appropriate action can be taken.

Thanks and best wishes!

The full series of tweets from MTTSH (as she did not thread them):

I don't usually tweet about DC stuff but I habe a friend who have seen The Flash and the movie will erase every movie Snyder has done. Man of Steel, Batman v Superman and Justice League never happened now. Erased from continuity. Affleck and Cavill are both gone

Supergirl now the main Supes of Earth. Keaton is Batman and Batgirl will become the new Batman after her film

Movie ends with Flash and Supergirl and Shazam forming a new Justice League.

I’m assuming Gadots WW is still involved going forward?
    Yes
    Link to Tweet

Looks like Cavill screwed himself out of a job by refusing to do the Shazam cameo.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

I had a feeling something like this was going to happen but not being surprised doesn't make me facepalm with any less force.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

I guess the only hope now is the Coates Superman movie is good but based on what T'Challa fans said about Coates, I'm not expecting much from there either. WB has to be one of the worst things to happen to DC Comics and especially Superman

Quote Originally Posted by The Kid View Post
    I guess the only hope now is the Coates Superman movie is good but based on what T'Challa fans said about Coates, I'm not expecting much from there either. WB has to be one of the worst things to happen to DC Comics and especially Superman
    Didn’t enjoy either his BP or his Cap runs and I detested The Force Awakens so much it pretty much killed my enthusiasm for Star Wars. Got no hype for that. If I heard good things about Sasha I may support her movie since I do love Kara, but otherwise the main DCEU universe just doesn’t interest me and I’ve written off film side Superman as a lost cause.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Jeez, even as someone who thinks Cavill's Superman is one of the most overrated performances in superhero movies (he's great as geralt, but a plank of wood as Superman), this is mean spirited and kills a lot of my interest in future dc movies. Admittedly, I will miss Batfleck more. Also wow, so Superman and Supergirl really are incapable of coexisting without one being diminshed for the other's benefit. I guess a movie where the two team up to fight brainiac is too much to ask in a world where 3 spidermen managed to star in the same kickass movie.
    Last edited by OpaqueGiraffe17; 01-01-2022 at 07:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Didn’t enjoy either his BP or his Cap runs and I detested The Force Awakens so much it pretty much killed my enthusiasm for Star Wars. Got no hype for that. If I heard good things about Sasha I may support her movie since I do love Kara, but otherwise the main DCEU universe just doesn’t interest me and I’ve written off film side Superman as a lost cause.
    Yea Coates/Abrams is a combo that doesn't promise any confidence at all. Ideally, I could shelve any thoughts on the upcoming DCEU shared universe disaster as long as Superman had a good self-contained series like Reeve's Batman but the creative team doesn't inspire the same level of trust. Really feels like WB just doesn't get or know what to do with Superman. They've been disastrous for the character and never known what to do with him

I feel like the writing was somewhat on the wall when it came to Cavill, but I can understand being disappointed.

"...and all the Snyder cultists and devotees will look up and shout HashtagRestoreTheSynderVerse

and Warners will whisper..."

THE MARK OF MY DIGNITY Superlad93's Avatar

I want to act like this is a shock, but it's not.

We seem to be entering a very real "Life After Clark" stage of the Superman IP. That doesn't mean they never use Clark again (he's clearly in things), but his hold on the IP and "head of the table" of the Superman brand as being totally a given beyond the general respect of him being the OG is in question. He's still clearly the guy that started it all, but we're starting to get the understanding that he doesn't have to be The Guy Today.

I imagine the next step for the Superman IP in the movies specifically will be to use Supergirl to introduce a new Superman under her. My guess is either a teenage Val-Zod or a teenage Jon Kent. But right now this does seem to point to the idea that Bruce and Clark have been 5Ged and they've been around for decades and are both quite old.

_________

I bet that's why there's been a bit of buzz about a Kingdom Come movie. Just think about it, if they're not going to do a Crisis movie, and Darkseid is a bust now, the only real big epic that everyone knows something about is Kingdom Come. That movie would likely function as a big epic swan song to Clark and Bruce's generation. I'm betting this is what they're Infinity War style building up to.
    "Mark my words! This drill will open a hole in the universe. And that hole will become a path for those that follow after us. The dreams of those who have fallen. The hopes of those who will follow. Those two sets of dreams weave together into a double helix, drilling a path towards tomorrow. THAT's Tengen Toppa! THAT'S Gurren Lagann! MY DRILL IS THE DRILL THAT CREATES THE HEAVENS!" - The Digger

We walk on the path to Secher Nbiw. Though hard fought, we walk the Golden Path.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    "...and all the Snyder cultists and devotees will look up and shout HashtagRestoreTheSynderVerse

and Warners will whisper..."

I got what I wanted: Snyder and Cavill are being erased. Alas what’s replacing those two doesn’t hold much greater appeal. With the Knightmare getting tossed and the Injustice movie flopping, at least I don’t have to worry about evil Superman anymore lol. For a while anyway since Injustice 3 is assuredly coming at some point.

Quote Originally Posted by Superlad93 View Post
    I want to act like this is a shock, but it's not.

We seem to be entering a very real "Life After Clark" stage of the Superman IP. That doesn't mean they never use Clark again (he's clearly in things), but his hold on the IP and "head of the table" of the Superman brand as being totally a given beyond the general respect of him being the OG is in question. He's still clearly the guy that started it all, but we're starting to get the understanding that he doesn't have to be The Guy Today.

I imagine the next step for the Superman IP in the movies specifically will be to use Supergirl to introduce a new Superman under her. My guess is either a teenage Val-Zod or a teenage Jon Kent. But right now this does seem to point to the idea that Bruce and Clark have been 5Ged and they've been around for decades and are both quite old.

_________

I bet that's why there's been a bit of buzz about a Kingdom Come movie. Just think about it, if they're not going to do a Crisis movie, and Darkseid is a bust now, the only real big epic that everyone knows something about is Kingdom Come. That movie would likely function as a big epic swan song to Clark and Bruce's generation. I'm betting this is what they're Infinity War style building up to.
    I was thinking about how similar this is to the 5G set up myself! Makes sense now why WB was willing to green light it. Wonder if that means Jace is going to become the DCEU Batman to replace Keaton after they’re done with Batgirl? And yeah I do think if we ever see a “white Superman” on the big screen again it will be Jon. Answers the question of why they’re pushing Jon so hard despite the near future projects starring a black Clark and Val. My guess is that once Sasha is done, they’ll introduce Jon as her replacement in the DCEU and he will take over. Clark isn’t being completely abandoned given MAWS, S&L, and I guess technically the Coates project, but they’re definitely seemingly pivoting towards emphasizing the other parts of his world as opposed to The Batman still revolving around Bruce Wayne.

As for what they’re building up to, apparently it’s CoIE. They’re making an animated trilogy for 2023 to introduce the story to a wider audience, and then when they’re done with this “phase” they’ll probably do a live action version of it as well to end things.

Not sure how I feel about that new direction they wanna do, but I am definitely on board with acting like Snyder's universe no longer exists. My only regret is that Whedon's JL is the only time we'll see Cavil as Superman who's not being run through Snyder's edge filter. I always thought the casting was mostly perfect in the DCEU. They just needed...good movies.

THE MARK OF MY DIGNITY Superlad93's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    I was thinking about how similar this is to the 5G set up myself! Makes sense now why WB was willing to green light it.
    I remember the reports being that 5G wasn't even DiDio's original idea in terms of concept, but rather suits from waaaaaaaaaay higher than him saying "the old guys gotta take a seat in the back", and then DiDio filling out what they may look like. And I remember hearing that the whole point for it was to be a multimedia effort, and totally shift what DC on every level looked like for the foreseeable future.

As for what they’re building up to, apparently it’s CoIE. They’re making an animated trilogy for 2023 to introduce the story to a wider audience, and then when they’re done with this “phase” they’ll probably do a live action version of it as well to end things.
    I could see that too.

Imagine the Earth-1 and Earth-2 Supermen being Jon and Val. Kara having her iconic sacrifice as a Tony Stark moment, and Jon being left to pick up the title and going from Superboy to Superman in a Tom Holland Spider-Man Far From Home way after her death. So basically you'd give the Superman IP a break in the main continuity while building up a Superboy to take over (maybe even doing a Legion movie if the show is a hit?), but you keep the IP going with a Val-Zod Superman show to build up Earth-2. All the while Kara is "The Guy".
    "Mark my words! This drill will open a hole in the universe. And that hole will become a path for those that follow after us. The dreams of those who have fallen. The hopes of those who will follow. Those two sets of dreams weave together into a double helix, drilling a path towards tomorrow. THAT's Tengen Toppa! THAT'S Gurren Lagann! MY DRILL IS THE DRILL THAT CREATES THE HEAVENS!" - The Digger

We walk on the path to Secher Nbiw. Though hard fought, we walk the Golden Path.

This is still WB. I'd say there's almost zero chance this new DCEU develops properly to the point where they actually have long term passing on mantles like the MCU is doing. They're just not competent enough

Quote Originally Posted by Superlad93 View Post
    I remember the reports being that 5G wasn't even DiDio's original idea in terms of concept, but rather suits from waaaaaaaaaay higher than him saying "the old guys gotta take a seat in the back", and then DiDio filling out what they may look like. And I remember hearing that the whole point for it was to be a multimedia effort, and totally shift what DC on every level looked like for the foreseeable future.
    I don’t remember reports saying that 5G originated anywhere except Didio. That would make sense, he had a long documented distaste for legacies, for him to endorse something like 5G which was a complete 180 on that was always odd. If you have a link to any of these reports I’d love to read them.

I could see that too.

Imagine the Earth-1 and Earth-2 Supermen being Jon and Val. Kara having her iconic sacrifice as a Tony Stark moment, and Jon being left to pick up the title and going from Superboy to Superman in a Tom Holland Spider-Man Far From Home way after her death. So basically you'd give the Superman IP a break in the main continuity while building up a Superboy to take over (maybe even doing a Legion movie if the show is a hit?), but you keep the IP going with a Val-Zod Superman show to build up Earth-2. All the while Kara is "The Guy".
    I could see them recreating Kara’s death in that, just with Jon being the one to hold her body in the iconic pose. Think Coates is the Superman they’re more likely to use however as E2 Supes. Far as I know the Val show is a limited series that’s basically just an ego project for MBJ, not connected to any film plans. If it’s a hit they could always bring it in of course. Maybe they’ll cast a new DCEU Clark to fight Adam or to be Jon’s dad however, but we’ll never get another solo Clark film in the DCEU.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Kid View Post
    This is still WB. I'd say there's almost zero chance this new DCEU develops properly to the point where they actually have long term passing on mantles like the MCU is doing. They're just not competent enough
    Yeah if the Flash flops they’re basically right where they were with BvS. So much of their plans rely on this doing well. I could see a TLJ reaction where critics love it but audiences hate it. Either way if they are entertaining any delusions that this will reduce the toxicity surrounding DC films, they need to pull their heads out of the sand. Controversy surrounding DC films is unlikely to abate any time soon if ever.