Page 23 of 36 FirstFirst ... 1319202122232425262733 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyBoy View Post
    What does Cavill want?

I think it's so sad that he didn't get to play Clark at all, build a romance with Lois, a friendship with Jimmy...all the nice foundational Superman stuff.

I was so excited when he was first cast.
    Cavill's major gaff here was playing hardball with the studio when they were vulnerable. There were things they wanted to do that his (alledged) stonewalling for more cash and more perks prevented.

With my personality type I can't blame the studio for how it responded. My response to that kind of "betrayal " would have been immediate dismissal followed by regarding him the way the wedding planner in Melancholia regarded the erstwhile bride.

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Stanlos View Post
    Cavill's major gaff here was playing hardball with the studio when they were vulnerable. There were things they wanted to do that his (alledged) stonewalling for more cash and more perks prevented.

With my personality type I can't blame the studio for how it responded. My response to that kind of "betrayal " would have been immediate dismissal followed by regarding him the way the wedding planner in Melancholia regarded the erstwhile bride.
    Dude!these guys basically made bvs a batman show.Cavill hated that..He wanted creative control.Why would anyone want to be part of something that they know is gonna be shitty?
    "People’s Dreams... Have No Ends"

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    In Hollywood things change fast. Basing Superman's future on a cameo for Peacemaker is just...it's weird.
    Believe what you want, still the timing of the 2 productions says otherwise.

Btw, I'm not basing his future on a cameo, but his past/present. I'm calling BS his supposed erasure from existence some are taking for granted over here. This is the same 4chan level of nonsense as Supergirl being Chris Reeve's daughter and Reeve replacing Cavill that was treated as an legit leak.

With or without an actual actor playing him, Superman is a staple of the DCU and the JL, he won't be erased like he never existed. Is that weird, for you?

MTTS is still insisting that he’s out and not a part of the new timeline

I don’t really think we can view Peacemaker as some sign that they’re planning on keeping Superman around, sure seems like they’ve decided to be done with the character in the main timeline. Hell I think Hoechlin has a better shot of showing up in the upcoming Crisis movie than Cavill does
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post

I don’t really think we can view Peacemaker as some sign that they’re planning on keeping Superman around, sure seems like they’ve decided to be done with the character in the main timeline. Hell I think Hoechlin has a better shot of showing up in the upcoming Crisis movie than Cavill does
    He's already held Supergirl once! He has experience .

For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Another rage-bait tweet about "The Flush" from MTTSH to get more attention and sell NFTs, lol. Aren't out there more serious "insiders"? Everything she is saying about this movie to piss off people isn't turning out true (like her recent claim of Batfleck dying).

Afaik, the Aquaman scene is a dumb "trans joke" about Supergirl, nothing to make SM status clear in the new timeline.

In the cut shown, it's not addressed one way or another. Differences in the "new timeline" are left for future films (Batgirl and Supergirl) and fans' speculations.
    Last edited by Last Son of Krypton; 04-12-2022 at 12:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post
    Another rage-bait tweet about "The Flush" from MTTSH to get more attention and sell NFTs, lol. Aren't out there more serious "insiders"? Everything she is saying about this movie to piss off people isn't turning out true (like her recent claim of Batfleck dying).

Afaik, the Aquaman scene is a dumb "trans joke" about Supergirl, nothing to make SM status clear in the new timeline.

In the cut shown, it's not addressed one way or another. Differences in the "new timeline" are left for future films (Batgirl and Supergirl) and fans' speculations.
    Eh it seems pretty clear cut he’s not a thing. I guess they could wave it off as Flash and Aquaman just getting drunk since apparently the joke takes place at a bar. If Cavill isn’t in the Flash then I think we can safely say Superman is done.

Eh it seems pretty clear cut he’s not a thing. I guess they could wave it off as Flash and Aquaman just getting drunk since apparently the joke takes place at a bar. If Cavill isn’t in the Flash then I think we can safely say Superman is done.
    Yeah he isn't in the cut except for archive footages. Still many plot elements are tied to him. And Superman (and other JLers) not existing in the "Flashpoint" timeline is a result of Barry changing the past, and he has to bring things as they were (or close to it) to fix that mess. With that premise, it wouldn't make much sense if him restoring the past will still result into having Superman wiped out for good. lol.

What's the next DCEU film? Black Adam? If Superman isn't in the post credit scene, he's done for me. The Flash is too far away.
    Last edited by Last Son of Krypton; 04-12-2022 at 02:55 PM.

Yeah he isn't in the cut except for archive footages. Still many plot elements are tied to him. And Superman (and other JLers) not existing in the "Flashpoint" timeline is a result of Barry changing the past, and he has to bring things as they were (or close to it) to fix that mess. With that premise, it wouldn't make much sense if him restoring the past will still result into having Superman wiped out for good. lol.

What's the next DCEU film? Black Adam? If Superman isn't in the post credit scene, he's done for me. The Flash is too far away.
    If he’s actually in any upcoming movies and they’ve somehow managed to keep that a secret I will be utterly thunderstruck lol. I think he’s out because I can’t see WB not putting out/leaking the news to the press for the PR win

If he’s actually in any upcoming movies and they’ve somehow managed to keep that a secret I will be utterly thunderstruck lol. I think he’s out because I can’t see WB not putting out/leaking the news to the press for the PR win
    It's not uncommon keeping cameos a secret, (heck, Marvel is doing it the the upcoming MoM). And it's too early for good PR for movies that are so far away.

Idk about Cavill, I was more focused on Superman as a character "existing", lol. He was supposed to be in The Flash and Shazam 2, I think, like Superman was in the casting grids of these movies. I recall Cavill was going in the area were some of these movies were filming (could be for some other project though). A camera unit of the Flash said to have seen him on set but later backtracked in a weird way. Rumors were that negotiations were still going when Flash was in the middle of filming. Probably there was something else I'm forgetting. Sincerely, I find the whole thing getting annoying and I'm open to everything... recasting, bring back Routh, cgi Reeve, the SM stand ins from Peacemaker or Shazam, whatever.

It's not uncommon keeping cameos a secret, (heck, Marvel is doing it the the upcoming MoM). And it's too early for good PR for movies that are so far away.

Idk about Cavill, I was more focused on Superman as a character "existing", lol. He was supposed to be in The Flash and Shazam 2, I think, like Superman was in the casting grids of these movies. I recall Cavill was going in the area were some of these movies were filming (could be for some other project though). A camera unit of the Flash said to have seen him on set but later backtracked in a weird way. Rumors were that negotiations were still going when Flash was in the middle of filming. Probably there was something else I'm forgetting. Sincerely, I find the whole thing getting annoying and I'm open to everything... recasting, bring back Routh, cgi Reeve, the SM stand ins from Peacemaker or Shazam, whatever.
    If they wanted to keep Supes without Cavill I think they would’ve just recasted the role, but for whatever reason they’ve decided it can only be Cavill and since he won’t play ball that means he’s gotta go.

Believe what you want, still the timing of the 2 productions says otherwise.

Btw, I'm not basing his future on a cameo, but his past/present. I'm calling BS his supposed erasure from existence some are taking for granted over here. This is the same 4chan level of nonsense as Supergirl being Chris Reeve's daughter and Reeve replacing Cavill that was treated as an legit leak.

With or without an actual actor playing him, Superman is a staple of the DCU and the JL, he won't be erased like he never existed. Is that weird, for you?
    Honestly, after what's happened with the DCEU so far? Not that weird.
    I believe Superman, recasted, will return to the DCEU eventually, some reboot or another, but I definitely believe that the execs are going all in on replacing the guy with his cousin for the foreseeable future. Expect Superman to be relegated to outside films like the Coates and Abrams film for the next 5 to 10 years.

They can just throw a double in, not show his face, and have him show up EVERYWHERE. Thsts how they keep superman and not use Cavill.
    Created from 2 of the greatest men,made with 2 powersets thst are both SUPER,and has 2 cool asf looks and attitudes.