Page 34 of 36 FirstFirst ... 2430313233343536 LastLast
    BANNED

Upfronts had nothing.

Other than Zaslov name dropping Superman specifically as one of the main DC heroes they plan on using, yep, nothing of worth. Was kinda hoping for a MAWS trailer but otherwise any big DC announcements are coming at Fandome I bet.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Stanlos View Post
    He sees himself as on the same level as Affleck. I just can't help wondering if he knows what an Oscar is.
    Quick thought experiment.

I think Affleck, by far, is a bigger star than Cavill. But just among viewers between the ages of 18-25, who'd be the more appealing leading man for a superhero film? I'm not totally sure Affleck would win. Affleck would totally dominate polls among anyone over the age of 35, I think, but among young adults and teens? It might be close.

BANNED

Warner and New Line pictures to be now run by Michael De Luca and Pamela Abdy, they will be 'temporarily' handling DC also.

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/mo...1f8015afde10e9

BANNED

Veteran studio chief Toby Emmerich was moved on earlier this week, with Zaslav clearly pulling the strings moving forward, and according to TheWrap’s DC insider, Zaslav has instructed his team to “scratch every Superman project in development and start fresh with Cavill.”

Reportedly, Zaslav wants to get a Superman movie off the ground, with Henry Cavill the focal point of any plans to create a shared universe of DC characters beyond that.

From what we knew, Ta-Nehisi Coates was writing a script for a J.J. Abrams produced Superman movie that was supposed to be all about a black Kal-El/Clark Kent, while Darnell Metayer & Josh Peters were writing a script for Michael B. Jordan’s “Val Zod” project for HBO Max. Whether both of these Superman-related projects are still happening remains to be seen.

Note: This likely wouldn’t have any impact on the “Superman & Lois” TV Series currently airing on The CW, which has already been renewed for a third season.
    https://www.supermanhomepage.com/rum...-henry-cavill/
    Last edited by Matt Rat; 06-02-2022 at 02:19 AM.

That sounds weird.

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by HsssH View Post
    That sounds weird.
    It's an opinion of an insider not what the plan actually is. Here's the real article:

DC stuck at a crossroads

Whether or not Hamada remains in charge at DC Films, Zaslav will have to determine how to move the superhero franchise forward. Under Emmerich and Hamada’s leadership, the studio has finished production on “The Flash,” a film that, according to insiders, will reset the DC universe going forward. However, that film doesn’t arrive for another year and is currently in post-production.

If Hamada departs, DC Films would be going through its third overhaul in just six years since Geoff Johns and Jon Berg first replaced former production chief Greg Silverman, with them in turn being replaced by Hamada. As part of Zaslav’s restructuring, the new head of DC will not only manage the film side of the imprint, but television and publishing as well. It would be a tall order for any executive, as even Marvel Studios head Kevin Feige had to find blockbuster success at the box office first before being given the chance to tackle publishing.

What could the new DC plan be going forward? Will the new DC Chief follow the plan laid out by “The Flash” movie or start something new altogether?

“If anything they’ll go back to individual movies unless De Luca has some plan,” according to a DC insider. “They need to get a f—ing Superman movie off the ground, and if the plan is a shared universe, a [Henry] Cavill-led Superman needs to be the focal point.”

The DC insider added that Zaslav’s team “should scratch every Superman project in development and start fresh with Cavill.

https://www.thewrap.com/warner-bros-...keup-analysis/

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

I hope that goldenage pastiche superman project happens..
    "People’s Dreams... Have No Ends"

Thats less weird, but it does show that Cavill still has supporters in WB?

Here’s a pretty thorough summary of the Flash

Matches up with what we already know, only real note of interest is that they may have changed the post credit with Aquaman to make Superman’s status more ambiguous.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Here’s a pretty thorough summary of the Flash

Matches up with what we already know, only real note of interest is that they may have changed the post credit with Aquaman to make Superman’s status more ambiguous.
    worldofgeekdom?isn't he the dragon ball guy?
    he is

here is the audio version
    "People’s Dreams... Have No Ends"

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by HsssH View Post
    Thats less weird, but it does show that Cavill still has supporters in WB?
    The obsession with Cavill is weird to me. IMO, out of all the big screen Superman, and for that matter, the TV ones I can think of, he's the worst. Wooden, nothing there. If I were in that universe, and needed to be saved, I'd wait for Marvel to offer Chris Evans enough to come back as Cap and let HIM save me. I'd be more certain to lie through the experience.

Recasting that role wouldn't hurt at all, and probably would help, assuming they case a better actor, or at least one more suited to playing Superman.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by achilles View Post
    The obsession with Cavill is weird to me. IMO, out of all the big screen Superman, and for that matter, the TV ones I can think of, he's the worst. Wooden, nothing there. If I were in that universe, and needed to be saved, I'd wait for Marvel to offer Chris Evans enough to come back as Cap and let HIM save me. I'd be more certain to lie through the experience.

Recasting that role wouldn't hurt at all, and probably would help, assuming they case a better actor, or at least one more suited to playing Superman.
    I never saw the appeal of Cavill, either. Even if "Man of Steel" had been an actual Superman movie, Cavill is still wrong for the part. I think he's a good actor but he's missing something in the role. Routh has that quality, and it's not the similarity or connection to Reeve or the Donner Superman. It's a sense of humility and gentleness along with the power. That's a defining trait of Superman in any genre.

Spectacular Member

So anyone have any guesses how many assaults and kidnappings Ezra has to do to get DC to cancel the Flash movie? Honestly I thought they'd have canned it already.

Quote Originally Posted by Monari View Post
    So anyone have any guesses how many assaults and kidnappings Ezra has to do to get DC to cancel the Flash movie? Honestly I thought they'd have canned it already.
    No matter how bad it gets that movie will come out. They’ve already filmed an entire other movie built upon it in Batgirl.