Quote Originally Posted by signalman112 View Post
    Joe Staton splash page.

Attachment 122155
    Where is this from?

Quote Originally Posted by signalman112 View Post
    Joe Staton splash page.

Attachment 122155
    Classic PG love
    For all your Rogue needs, give us a visit!
    https://www.facebook.com/BringBackBrawlinRogueSugah

I’m still shocked that Atlantean origin story lasted as long as it did.

Quote Originally Posted by witchboy View Post
    Sign of the "Last Son of Krypton" times. :/ I mean it was the first era in which you somehow can't clone Kryptonians wasn't it?

Astonishing Member OBrianTallent's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    Where is this from?
    Huntress Back-up in Wonder Woman #274, Dec 1980

5123413.jpg

Can also be found in the trade Huntress Dark Knight Daughter which reprints the back-ups from Wonder Woman 271-287, 289-290, 294-295, as well as stories from DC Super-Stars 17 (Huntress' origin story) and Batman Family 18-20.

592959.jpg
    Last edited by OBrianTallent; 06-24-2022 at 03:48 PM.

A shame it couldn't go on longer.

Quote Originally Posted by Stanlos View Post
    Why? It sure wasn't doing her any favors and came with nonsense like her getting impregnated by her own granddaughter. The stories she was in during that time were average at best and her costume was probably the dumbest she's had (yes, I'm including the original New 52 one).

The grass isn't always greener on the other side.

Quote Originally Posted by OBrianTallent View Post
    Huntress Back-up in Wonder Woman #274, Dec 1980

5123413.jpg

Can also be found in the trade Huntress Dark Knight Daughter which reprints the back-ups from Wonder Woman 271-287, 289-290, 294-295, as well as stories from DC Super-Stars 17 (Huntress' origin story) and Batman Family 18-20.

592959.jpg
    Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by Stanlos View Post
    I’m curious to know what you like about that origin for her.

Why? It sure wasn't doing her any favors and came with nonsense like her getting impregnated by her own granddaughter. The stories she was in during that time were average at best and her costume was probably the dumbest she's had (yes, I'm including the original New 52 one).

Actually it did. It provided her with the same clobberin time style antics one would expect from her pedigree but also provided further distinction from Supes in the way her powers worked as well as their expansion opening up new branches as she learned more. They were on the way to making her a fellow agent of Order. And during this time she was widely known as and shown to be one of the most powerful superheroes in the DCU. Compare that to the way she jobbed during 52s WW3 mini or the way Johns jobbed the crap out of her in Infinite Crisis.

I’m curious to know what you like about that origin for her.
    Foremost is it evolved the character in the vein of its original trajectory while still honoring her real life origins. Second I like the prestige and new story opportunities it provided her as a member of the ancient Royal House of Atlantis. The Lords of Order and Echidna stuff was fascinating and could portend much in the way of growth and expansion. We lost the S7 stuff unfortunately because that was a creator owned property but the rest was ripe for mining and enabled her to co-exist with Supergirl without risk of being absorbed/annihilated/relegated to wallpaper because while there were NODS to her real life origin as the Supergirl of E2 she was never Supergirl or even Kryptonian but was rather assumed as such by the media when Supes discovered her ship.

The origin gives the best of both worlds and protects her from the reality we are living right now where Supergirl has primacy and Peege is just ...there.

In a way, just being wallpaper is waaaaaayyyyyyy better what Johns and co did to her making her main storypoint OMG I am so sad I am not Supes cousin or OMG my Superman is dead. She became a husk with nothing of her own.

Better off missing in action, I say. Especially in the historical context of the character. It is like they low key pooped on Kara the same way they pooped on WW with Stupid 52s WW relaunch.

As for that costume comment we will agree to disagree. Like Troias costume the success of all of Peege's Post Crisis looks varied highly from artist to artist. But that Stu52 one with Peek-a-Boob P/power button logo made me douse my eyes with Ammonia

Dark Crisis 3 preview return jsa

Yaaaaaaayyyyyyy!!! I am so starved for Peege action and I have eBayed every back issue with an appearance already so this is a real treat! Awesome seeing Mister Terrific and Dr MidNite as well. Not sure who the lady in long striped clown stockings is, but that sure was a CHOICE as was Dr Fate's attire. Yikes
    Last edited by Stanlos; 06-30-2022 at 05:44 PM.

Extraordinary Member superduperman's Avatar

It's Cyclone. She's in the Black Adam movie. It's not the classic team but this works too! Except Jay!
    Assassinate Putin!