Page 33 of 53 FirstFirst ... 2329303132333435363743 ... LastLast
    BANNED

I wonder why Peeg isnt as heavily advertised as Supergirl in everything but comics and media filler content.

She's got a cut-out hole on her chest instead of an S.

Quote Originally Posted by mathew101281 View Post
    Anyone thing PG’s costume would look cooler with a blue cape instead of a red one?
    It would gave her a very different style.
    "Never assign to malice what is adequately explained by stupidity or ignorance."

"Great stories will always return to their original forms"

"Nobody is more dangerous than he who imagines himself pure in heart; for his purity, by definition, is unassailable." James Baldwin

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Superboy-Prime View Post
    She's got a cut-out hole on her chest instead of an S.
    Pretty much that. And she doesn't have "Super" in her name. I think that's why they gave the "S" a spin on her in the nu52, (and in a Generation Lost before that). It's just that the nu52 version was terrible, and no amount of advertising can make people buy a terrible character after a certain period of time; they'll just give up in disgust. And the Generation Lost one, while a good version of PG, was only for a single issue.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Thor-Ul View Post
    It would gave her a very different style.
    Might work, I'd have to see a good trial design sketch. I'd be more interested in giving her costume legs though. And breaking up that vast expanse of white with something. I actually quite liked the designs for Injustice whatever the number of that game was.

Anyone read New Golden Age? Karen's apparently over 70 years old now, as her debut has been put back to the year of it's publication and she's been active since the 1970s (i.e. 50 years ago). Of course she has slowed aging. When she appears in another scene later, it's 20 years from now, and she still looks relatively young (she looks like her current self but with longer hair and a skirt) when by then she'd be in her 90s!
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Extraordinary Member superduperman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Anyone read New Golden Age? Karen's apparently over 70 years old now, as her debut has been put back to the year of it's publication and she's been active since the 1970s (i.e. 50 years ago). Of course she has slowed aging. When she appears in another scene later, it's 20 years from now, and she still looks relatively young (she looks like her current self but with longer hair and a skirt) when by then she'd be in her 90s!
    That would put her debut before Superman! Is she still Kryptonian? Does it take place on the main Earth?
    Assassinate Putin!

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Is it possible these are alternative timelines or universes? Because that's really dumb otherwise. Gonna hope that the relaunch by Leah Williams ignores that entirely.
    Last edited by Robanker; 11-09-2022 at 08:00 PM.
    May we never forget:

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    Daddy Zeus can hit the bricks.
    Truer words never spoken.

I'm guessing the new setup is JSA characters from all kinds of times and places ,thst join together
    Created from 2 of the greatest men,made with 2 powersets thst are both SUPER,and has 2 cool asf looks and attitudes.

Quote Originally Posted by SuperX View Post
    I'm guessing the new setup is JSA characters from all kinds of times and places ,thst join together
    From what I understand, the book is going through DC history including reboots, so it's possible the 1970s PG is the actual Pre-CoIE Karen.

So, essentially, the Karen that will be in the upcoming Justice Society book may not be from the 70s.
    Last edited by Robanker; 11-09-2022 at 09:14 PM.
    May we never forget:

Extraordinary Member superduperman's Avatar

Anyone else get the impression DC doesn't have a continuity anymore?
    Assassinate Putin!

Quote Originally Posted by superduperman View Post
    It's loose. For major characters, stuff more or less works. B list and lower It's hit or miss.
    May we never forget:

Quote Originally Posted by superduperman View Post
    It's been like that for a long time now, honestly. Just keeps getting worse.

Don't get the 70's thing.....that's a weird, oddly convoluted approach. But looking at DC's recent history I dunno if any of this will last long enough to matter anyway, so I'll just wait and see how they play it I guess.
    Last edited by Ascended; 11-10-2022 at 02:58 PM.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    It's been like that for a long time now, honestly. Just keeps getting worse.

Don't get the 70's thing.....that's a weird, oddly convoluted approach. But looking at DC's recent history I dunno if any of this will last long enough to matter anyway, so I'll just wait and see how they play it I guess.
    I'll have to read it myself (time is a luxury I'm ill afforded if late) but I've heard it's essentially looking at the totality of DC history, so essentially this is just the 1938-1986 continuity PG, at least in that section.
    May we never forget: