Page 15 of 53 FirstFirst ... 511121314151617181925 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Robanker View Post
    The Atlantean origin is only superseded in bad ideas by making her Supergirl and the weird magic baby.
    I disagree. I think the Atlantean origin and how she was leveraged in connection to it got her premiere status among the roster of heroes and guaranteed we would always see her. In addition it literally manifested what the character repeatedly said she was all about. And she was protected from being redundant.

Quote Originally Posted by Thor-Ul View Post
    No, Marvel' strengh is the illusion of consistence. They also have their own sins.

I like many characters at Marvel, most are dead or changed beyond the point I can enjoy them anymore, but from the movies, TV, animated, comics,toys, and everything else they keep the character looking the same, and it worked for them. I actually enjoy DC way more than Marvel, but that is their one big plus, and I wish they would think of it with characters like Conner Kent and Karen starr
    Created from 2 of the greatest men,made with 2 powersets thst are both SUPER,and has 2 cool asf looks and attitudes.

Astonishing Member signalman112's Avatar

World's Finest Women of the Pre-Crisis Earth-2 by George Perez.

PowerHuntress.jpg

Several things confuse me as I revisit the pre-Crisis stuff. Earth 2 had some main heroes dead while others passed mantles to family. Friends, or respect colleagues. With that being the case already why were people weirded out by Wally snd Kyle?

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Stanlos View Post
    Several things confuse me as I revisit the pre-Crisis stuff. Earth 2 had some main heroes dead while others passed mantles to family. Friends, or respect colleagues. With that being the case already why were people weirded out by Wally snd Kyle?
    Well, I wasn't weirded out by either of them.

Incredible Member

Which comic is this from?

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by gwhh View Post

I have it, but can't find it. It was one of those various Crisis things, with SG, PG, and SM against first Cyborg Superman, leaving him totaled, then Superman Prime, wherein the next few panels have them laying Prime out, and PG threatening to castrate him with her heat vision before Superman told her to stop. Don't recall the comic and issue though.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by gwhh View Post

It's from Sinestro Corps War, maybe the Superman Prime's one shot.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Batgrayson View Post
    It's from Sinestro Corps War, maybe the Superman Prime's one shot.
    Ah yes, thank you, my mind had gone blank on that. I think you are right that it was Prime's one shot; as it focused on him. And he hurt Krypto, which annoyed the ladies. Then he dissed Kal-L to Karen. Bad move.

So, still reading One Star Squadron. Issue 5. Karen might be turning a corner and returning to a more recognizable form.

I'll drop a spoiler below, since I know most of us here aren't reading the book but still care about PG. But be warned, just in case you are reading it.

Ready?

Okay.

So, Karen made her vile little play for management and get Red Tornado fired in previous issues. It backfires and she's the one who loses her job. Then the office is burned down and she's the prime/only suspect. This issue, sitting on her own just outside of the city, crying, she throws the Max Lord books away after realizing how his "advice" left her jobless, friendless, and alone, and goes out to do some basic superheroing, saving some lives and smiling as she remembers why she became a hero in the first place. Then she finds the rest of the staff and apologizes for her actions as everyone tries to decide how to handle everything.

Obviously everything before this is still bullsh*t, and her of all people reading self-help books from Max Lord is something that should never be considered for the main canon. But for the first time in this series, Karen felt a little bit like Karen. A lot of us thought she'd end up being the villain here, but it's looking like we might be wrong. It's not gonna undo anything that happened in the first four issues and I'm still thankful this isn't main continuity, but maybe it'll turn out better for her than we feared.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Astonishing Member The Frog Bros's Avatar

Simple (yet cool) rear review rendering.

20220416_163033.jpg
    “Look, you can’t put the Superman #77s with the #200s. They haven’t even discovered Red Kryptonite yet. And you can’t put the #98s with the #300s, Lori Lemaris hasn’t even been introduced.” — Sam
    “Where the hell are you from? Krypton?” — Edgar Frog

Quote Originally Posted by achilles View Post
    Ah yes, thank you, my mind had gone blank on that. I think you are right that it was Prime's one shot; as it focused on him. And he hurt Krypto, which annoyed the ladies. Then he dissed Kal-L to Karen. Bad move.
    Hmm... SBP is wearing a broken version of his Anti-Monitor armor over the Sinestro uniform. Pretty sure this is after Kal-El and Kal-L body slammed him all the way through Rao into Mogo. Which is why Kara and Karen are doing the punching. The two Kals were drained after literally bathing in a red sun.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by marhawkman View Post
    Hmm... SBP is wearing a broken version of his Anti-Monitor armor over the Sinestro uniform. Pretty sure this is after Kal-El and Kal-L body slammed him all the way through Rao into Mogo. Which is why Kara and Karen are doing the punching. The two Kals were drained after literally bathing in a red sun.
    The bit where Karen heat visions the ground next to Prime Jr. between his legs is absolutely what she would have done. So, good characterization there, as opposed to the bit where her cousin dies and she just lets herself be held back by J'ohn without even fighting, just cries a lot. How can you get a character right in one thing, and wrong another time like that?

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Stanlos View Post
    Most people accepted Wally because Barry died as a hero in Crisis. Many people did not accept Kyle because Hal was turned into a villain to make room for Kyle.

Quote Originally Posted by achilles View Post
    The bit where Karen heat visions the ground next to Prime Jr. between his legs is absolutely what she would have done. So, good characterization there, as opposed to the bit where her cousin dies and she just lets herself be held back by J'ohn without even fighting, just cries a lot. How can you get a character right in one thing, and wrong another time like that?
    Maybe Johns needed time to fell the character. But it is comprensible how Karen acted during Infinite Crisis. Also consider than she was manipulated by the Psycho-Pirate, who broke her spirit.
    "Never assign to malice what is adequately explained by stupidity or ignorance."

"Great stories will always return to their original forms"

"Nobody is more dangerous than he who imagines himself pure in heart; for his purity, by definition, is unassailable." James Baldwin