Page 18 of 53 FirstFirst ... 814151617181920212228 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by seccruz View Post
    I get using Kara for JL, but Jon could have at least offered a position to Karen
    AFAIK, assuming there actually IS the OG PG out there---I don't know that she'd even know Jon or really any of the extended Super Family. She barely knows Clark and other Kara, and AFAIK only met Jon once or twice, and that quite some time ago. And does she even have any reputation with anyone on the main Earth? I just really haven't heard her being mentioned much. To me sure, if she's actually there, and what she was prior to Flashpoint, she should be the one leading the charge, or at least one of them----that's what she's done in other stories. Nightwing, Alan Scott, Mr. Terrific and PG seem about the most experienced leader type heroes left.

Quote Originally Posted by achilles View Post
    AFAIK, assuming there actually IS the OG PG out there---I don't know that she'd even know Jon or really any of the extended Super Family. She barely knows Clark and other Kara, and AFAIK only met Jon once or twice, and that quite some time ago. And does she even have any reputation with anyone on the main Earth? I just really haven't heard her being mentioned much. To me sure, if she's actually there, and what she was prior to Flashpoint, she should be the one leading the charge, or at least one of them----that's what she's done in other stories. Nightwing, Alan Scott, Mr. Terrific and PG seem about the most experienced leader type heroes left.
    Just sucks is all... And when is the JSA gonna start taking part of events?
    For all your Rogue needs, give us a visit!
    https://www.facebook.com/BringBackBrawlinRogueSugah

Power Girl appears to be absent from Dark Crisis or whatever this one's called, does she not? Well, if so, then it's just another opportunity leaving her behind. Shame.
    I hope she shows up in Young Justice soon! Next season promises Black Mary and Dark Supergirl

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Stanlos View Post
    I hope she shows up in Young Justice soon! Next season promises Black Mary and Dark Supergirl
    But wouldn't she just be the experienced hero for those two to beat up or kill? If so, I'd rather she stay out.

Power Girl appears to be absent from Dark Crisis or whatever this one's called, does she not? Well, if so, then it's just another opportunity leaving her behind. Shame.
    Quote Originally Posted by seccruz View Post
    Just sucks is all... And when is the JSA gonna start taking part of events?
    Knowing how these things tend to play out, it's probably for the best the JSA stays out of events.

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    Knowing how these things tend to play out, it's probably for the best the JSA stays out of events.
    Lol. True. No one outside of Johns seems to care about the JSA... And it's a shame...

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    The late great Darwyn Cooke did a number of sketches of a fifties, Marilyn style Power Girl, which worked wonderfully. Sometimes I'd like a line that featured these characters in the 50s, (PG would absolutely live in either Hollywood or Vegas in my mind). It's a real shame Cooke never got to do a Power Girl book. Anything he did on that subject would have been great.

DC would have Pariah kill Karen in dark crisis, but have her never comeback so they can have Kara be the older (than a teenager atleast) female kryptonian (with short to boot).

Don't think we will ever see Karen on YJ, only way is if they did a season based off of one of the crisis (infinite earth's or infinite crisis)
    Created from 2 of the greatest men,made with 2 powersets thst are both SUPER,and has 2 cool asf looks and attitudes.

Extraordinary Member

Karen's pretty much MIA; all her potential roles go to Supergirl or Wonder Woman or some other big new thing. A shame, since she offers character traits and experiences SG just doesn't have. SG is basically Robin to PG's Nightwing, but SG gets all the play.

....though I'll note that nu52 yelled at Darkseid after he destroyed Val that SHE was that world's "Superman". Kind of in keeping with a more classic PG, plus an unintentional diss to Val, who after all couldn't do anything to Darkseid in that scene while PG did....almost as well as the entire Justice League. Gouged out Darkseid's eye, check. Hurt him by hitting him, check. Outran his Omega beams,check. Walked right through them to gouge out that eye, check.

Of course she still lost, because somehow when she does stuff like that, it doesn't hurt the bad guy.
    Last edited by achilles; 06-14-2022 at 04:23 PM.

Karen's pretty much MIA; all her potential roles go to Supergirl or Wonder Woman or some other big new thing. A shame, since she offers character traits and experiences SG just doesn't have. SG is basically Robin to PG's Nightwing, but SG gets all the play.

....though I'll note that nu52 yelled at Darkseid after he destroyed Val that SHE was that world's "Superman". Kind of in keeping with a more classic PG, plus an unintentional diss to Val, who after all couldn't do anything to Darkseid in that scene while PG did....almost as well as the entire Justice League. Gouged out Darkseid's eye, check. Hurt him by hitting him, check. Outran his Omega beams,check. Walked right through them to gouge out that eye, check.

Of course she still lost, because somehow when she does stuff like that, it doesn't hurt the bad guy.
    That confrontation alone should have allowed the respect she deserved!

But wouldn't she just be the experienced hero for those two to beat up or kill? If so, I'd rather she stay out.
    Hmmmmm.

You know what? I think you may be on to something there. After all, the primacy of Supergirl would ultimately win out. Ugh. We don't need another Galatea retread I suppose. I just want to see the capable, scrappy pre-Johns Peege again SOMEWHERE.

Quote Originally Posted by Stanlos View Post
    Hmmmmm.

You know what? I think you may be on to something there. After all, the primacy of Supergirl would ultimately win out. Ugh. We don't need another Galatea retread I suppose. I just want to see the capable, scrappy pre-Johns Peege again SOMEWHERE.
    Or we could have Divine come back and fill the punching bag role.

Just give Karen another series. The previous volume proved that she has the fanbase to last!

Astonishing Member signalman112's Avatar

Joe Staton splash page.

StatonPG.jpg