Page 2 of 53 FirstFirst 1234561252 ... LastLast

https://www.deviantart.com/wardogs10...lper-188407821

I would have posted this last month if I'd seen it earlier.

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Looks preety damn cool!
    For all your Rogue needs, give us a visit!
    https://www.facebook.com/BringBackBrawlinRogueSugah

Astonishing Member signalman112's Avatar

Besties forever.

PGbestiesSG.jpg

By the way has there been anything going on with power girl of last? I do miss her.

Astonishing Member OBrianTallent's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by WonderNight View Post
    By the way has there been anything going on with power girl of last? I do miss her.
    The really out of character portrayal in One Star Squadron mini series.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by WonderNight View Post
    The only thing A Power Girl, (it's not certain she is "our" Power Girl as she seems to be acting very out of character, and is possibly one of the antagonists), is the mini with Red Tornado as the star, and others like The Heckler in a sort of Heroes for Hire thing gone wrong. Not that DC itself hasn't run this particular gag before. Giffen, DeMatteis, and Maguire IIRC got two last shots in with their League characters revolving around the same basic idea.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by OBrianTallent View Post
    The really out of character portrayal in One Star Squadron mini series.
    I figure it's one of a few things. One, the most likely, is that they're trying to kill off the character and want her fans to be so pissed off they don't care when the actual deed is done. The second, it's an alternate universe PG. Third, she really is doing a heel turn, but becomes an awesome Darkseid level villain as a bad Kryptonian with her experience should be. Another might be she's undercover for Superman, which is basically the only thing she ever does when they meet. Work for him in some way. Might be nice to see a story going the other way for once. Or she's a joke villain. Which is likely also. Given that Dc seems to hate classic Power Girl for reasons unknown.
    Last edited by achilles; 01-29-2022 at 09:00 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by achilles View Post
    Given that Dc seems to hate classic Power Girl for reasons unknown.
    I won't said there is hate towards PG. I would say than there is a need to "unprofile" her. And neither for unknown reasons.
    She is suffering from the same malady than affected Wally West since the return of Barry Allen. All her characteristics identity traits are being given to Supergirl, and for that they have to erase her. Add to that her visuals and previous interpretations are unconfortables for the hypersensible neopuritanism from socialmedia and you have a character than is better to sweep under the rug.
    "Never assign to malice what is adequately explained by stupidity or ignorance."

"Great stories will always return to their original forms"

"Nobody is more dangerous than he who imagines himself pure in heart; for his purity, by definition, is unassailable." James Baldwin

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Thor-Ul View Post
    I won't said there is hate towards PG. I would say than there is a need to "unprofile" her. And neither for unknown reasons.
    She is suffering from the same malady than affected Wally West since the return of Barry Allen. All her characteristics identity traits are being given to Supergirl, and for that they have to erase her. Add to that her visuals and previous interpretations are unconfortables for the hypersensible neopuritanism from socialmedia and you have a character than is better to sweep under the rug.
    Naw, I'd say there is genuine hate for her at DC, since this sort of thing has been going on since long before SG made her big comeback. As for the costume, I've seen way worse onscreen. It's actually better than SG's skirt thing, or her later TV tights, which are basically what PG herself wears, minus the leggings. The boob window is honestly, purely optional; while many fans love it, it really isn't essential to her costume, and indeed has been there or not in versions of the classic costume.

As for the SG thing, I've noticed this too, as I understand many others have. It's lazy writing, made worse by the fact that they didn't implement it correctly as they did with PG. When they brought SG back initially, her version of PG's aggression and over confidence into petulance and borderline psycho which was never PG. And they've never really stolen from PG properly since. It was all clumsy and missing the point.

Quote Originally Posted by Thor-Ul View Post
    DC is still keeping Starfire around and the Catwoman comic has a scene in a strip club.

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

Been quiet on these boards a while, but I have to stop in and say I hope 2022 will be a better year for Karen than 2021. She's back, at least in some fashion, and I hope One Star Squadron lands the plane with her in a good position instead of the heel it seems to be framing her as.
    May we never forget:

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    Daddy Zeus can hit the bricks.
    Truer words never spoken.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Robanker View Post
    Been quiet on these boards a while, but I have to stop in and say I hope 2022 will be a better year for Karen than 2021. She's back, at least in some fashion, and I hope One Star Squadron lands the plane with her in a good position instead of the heel it seems to be framing her as.
    I would be POed if they gave her an in-continuity heel turn, which would come out of nowhere, but I'd be even more pissed off if DC were to do that while making her a lower tier bad guy, rather than a Darkseid level threat. That would at least be something fans could hang their hats on.

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by achilles View Post
    I would be POed if they gave her an in-continuity heel turn, which would come out of nowhere, but I'd be even more pissed off if DC were to do that while making her a lower tier bad guy, rather than a Darkseid level threat. That would at least be something fans could hang their hats on.
    I don't think any Kryptonian should be a Darkseid-level threat, but that's neither here nor there. I think the bigger issue is that because she's become rather obscure (and being a blonde white woman with a bob cut named Karen), any heel turn might actually go full memetic and stick. I just hope this take on Karen doesn't stick around. I really like Russell on other stuff, but I'm not loving his take on PG.
    May we never forget:

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    Daddy Zeus can hit the bricks.
    Truer words never spoken.

Quote Originally Posted by Robanker View Post
    I don't think any Kryptonian should be a Darkseid-level threat, but that's neither here nor there. I think the bigger issue is that because she's become rather obscure (and being a blonde white woman with a bob cut named Karen), any heel turn might actually go full memetic and stick. I just hope this take on Karen doesn't stick around. I really like Russell on other stuff, but I'm not loving his take on PG.
    Why has she been divorced from her Kara Zor-L name while Supergirl keeps her Kara? I don't see people referring to Supergirl as Linda but people seem to be really pushing the Karen thing for Peege.

Why?