Page 21 of 53 FirstFirst ... 1117181920212223242531 ... LastLast
    Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by achilles View Post
    I doubt they have anything planned for PG. She still after all this time does not have a character entry on DC's own website; that to me speaks of no plans in the foreseeable future. Nor do I see her figuring in any live action or animated plans for WB. Though I can see how Ratcatcher 2 is a more important character than PG to DC.
    Sadly, that's the power of having the multimedia machine behind you. Not to take away anything from Ratcatcher 2 in The Suicide Squad. She's one of the best things about that movie.
    May we never forget:

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    Daddy Zeus can hit the bricks.
    Truer words never spoken.

howabout powergirl showing up on superman and lois,different earth,could switch out a future Supergirl for Karen
    Created from 2 of the greatest men,made with 2 powersets thst are both SUPER,and has 2 cool asf looks and attitudes.

Quote Originally Posted by SuperX View Post
    howabout powergirl showing up on superman and lois,different earth,could switch out a future Supergirl for Karen
    Given the show's tone and Power Girl's reputation, I find that unlikely.

I found something troubling. I thought all these years that Peege 's inclusion and prominence in Kingdom Come was due to her popularity. How crushed I was to read the notes in the Absolute version that her inclusion centered on her being a stand-up for Supergirl! Now I really am worried for her. Supergirl having died in the continuity from which KC springboards is the only reason she was selected. That also makes me think the origin only SEEMED to matter but really is secondary to the real life circumstance of her being "the Supergirl of an alternative earth" ***shudder**

At least her inclusion in War of the Gods and that Armageddon spinoff wasn't Supergirl-centered. Those were purely about her and the powers owing to her

I have thought that could happen. Possibly a season as a supporting character and then give her her own spin off show.

Quote Originally Posted by witchboy View Post
    I have thought that could happen. Possibly a season as a supporting character and then give her her own spin off show.

Even better lol. but who would make a good PG on tv? and which way would they play her, like her look, and how she would act, and what would she be doing?
    Created from 2 of the greatest men,made with 2 powersets thst are both SUPER,and has 2 cool asf looks and attitudes.

Even better lol. but who would make a good PG on tv? and which way would they play her, like her look, and how she would act, and what would she be doing?
    I'd have her rocket land in Smallville. Let Lois and Clark be her surrogate parents the way the Earth 2 Lois and Clark would. I'd keep her angry rebellious side as something she struggles with, she'd have a lot of adjusting to do to life on Earth. Possibly her rebellious nature could drive a wedge between her and the Kents, causing her to trust the wrong people. Maybe draw on the story with Matrix being involved with Lex, which would require a new Lex. Or maybe Lex and a Lex Jr both. I'd cast a talented unknown as I don't have anyone in mind.

Jax City/Kill The FIremen

Quote Originally Posted by Stanlos View Post
    I found something troubling. I thought all these years that Peege 's inclusion and prominence in Kingdom Come was due to her popularity. How crushed I was to read the notes in the Absolute version that her inclusion centered on her being a stand-up for Supergirl! Now I really am worried for her. Supergirl having died in the continuity from which KC springboards is the only reason she was selected. That also makes me think the origin only SEEMED to matter but really is secondary to the real life circumstance of her being "the Supergirl of an alternative earth" ***shudder**
    Well, she is a Supergirl stand in though. You can't get around that, no matter how much you differentiate her from Supergirl.

Let's just get it out of the way. I don't expect any actress playing PG to be particularly buxom, much like I don't expect it of any other character getting adapted. I just want her to look strong and rock the bob cut while having her trademark sass and short fuse. That's more important to me than trying to find an instagram fitness model who can act. I'd like her to be blonde like the comics, but I admittedly just want to see the characters as I remember them from the printed page, so the closer the better. If they find someone who somehow looks exactly like her and can play the character, awesome, but I'd err on acting strength before, well, being stacked. The former are more important to her actual character while the latter is more just Karen being fine as ****, which she is to be fair.

The survivor of a dead multiverse angle is solid gold, and I don't want to lose it. As for what she's doing? I think PG works best when she's using her trauma as an engine to help other people. She lost everything and is in a universe where everyone she loves doesn't know who she is, but she joins the JSA anyway and makes connections. She starts again. She makes herself known as her own woman, her own hero, and becomes a mentor to young female superheroes. And she's got her own issues on the side. She is building a start-up tech business, she has her pet cat and she doesn't take **** off of anyone (though is friendly to anyone who treats her with respect). Introducing Terra as a teen sidekick in a later season would be a good way to show her developing into the mentor figure she becomes once she's established on our Earth.

I think Karen, if she's in the S&L universe, would work best as something like the boys' cousin who graduated college and is setting herself up elsewhere. She's got problems but she's trying to deal with them herself. She's distant by choice, but still part of the family. Maybe she drops in their universe mid-season and has to set those relationships up.

But please just don't be a cameo of Melissa in a bob cut.
    Last edited by Robanker; 07-11-2022 at 02:30 AM.
    May we never forget:

Justice League by Isaiah Simmons (u/isaiahsimmonsart) (After Justice League of America 2006 #7 by Ed Benes)

https://www.reddit.com/r/DCcomics/co...saiah_simmons/

Quote Originally Posted by Robanker View Post
    Introducing Terra as a teen sidekick in a later season would be a good way to show her developing into the mentor figure she becomes once she's established on our Earth.

But please just don't be a cameo of Melissa in a bob cut.
    Well, it's not like Melissa would even need to cut her hair, she already bobbed it (and dyed it brown) when Supergirl wrapped. But if they were to use her, yeah, it'd be better for it to just be the Supergirl we know. Power Girl if ever used should be a new actor - and frankly, with S&L being divorced into it's own universe now anyhow, I think it would be.

As for the sidekick, I assume you meant Tanya Spears, the Power Girl from the New 52's second Teen Titans run?
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Well, it's not like Melissa would even need to cut her hair, she already bobbed it (and dyed it brown) when Supergirl wrapped. But if they were to use her, yeah, it'd be better for it to just be the Supergirl we know. Power Girl if ever used should be a new actor - and frankly, with S&L being divorced into it's own universe now anyhow, I think it would be.

As for the sidekick, I assume you meant Tanya Spears, the Power Girl from the New 52's second Teen Titans run?
    I meant Atlee from the Palmiotti/Conner material.
    May we never forget:

Astonishing Member The Frog Bros's Avatar

20220508_195152.jpg

"Don't you hate pants?" - Homer Simpson

Ordinarily I'd agree, but not this time, Homer. I kinda dig this one. (Especially if she's equipped with the big blue boots)
    “Look, you can’t put the Superman #77s with the #200s. They haven’t even discovered Red Kryptonite yet. And you can’t put the #98s with the #300s, Lori Lemaris hasn’t even been introduced.” — Sam
    “Where the hell are you from? Krypton?” — Edgar Frog