Page 23 of 53 FirstFirst ... 1319202122232425262733 ... LastLast
    Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

I misread. I believe the book is being written by Dennis Culver and Delilah S. Dawson as well as Waid. I have no idea who they are so I am now a bit less interested. I assume Red Canary is Emiko Queen?

Nice to see PG and Kimiko on a team, though.
    May we never forget:

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    Daddy Zeus can hit the bricks.
    Truer words never spoken.

I don't think we know who Red Canary is yet. Emiko makes as much sense as anyone, though a lot of folks are guessing it's Lian Harper, Arsenal's daughter. Apparently she's been aged up, though her becoming a Canary instead of an Arrow seems like an odd swerve.

I'm digging the roster Karen is joining. Sideways? Dr. Light? Hell yeah to them and PG sharing some panel time! Damian leading the group is....well it's pretty dumb but also 100% Damian, he's got enough ego to think he could pull it all off. It'll depend on the execution; I'm not gonna be cool with experienced, grown ass adults taking orders from an idiot kid, but if they're just humoring him or something, or otherwise acting like they should instead of being crammed full of PIS, then it'll be all good.

Hey! This is *two* books Karen will have appeared in this year! And this new one is even in main canon! That's pretty good for her these days!

Wait....

"We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Robanker View Post
    It sounds like Karen is joining a team in Dark Crisis.. led by Damien, which sucks, but she does look to be the heavy.

Unless I read it wrong, Waid is writing, so that's good.
    Last time they were on a team together, Damian and Kara got along fine. Though PG was the team leader there.

Quote Originally Posted by achilles View Post
    Last time they were on a team together, Damian and Kara got along fine. Though PG was the team leader there.
    Am I forgetting something? When did PG and Damian operate on the same team?
    May we never forget:

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Robanker View Post
    Am I forgetting something? When did PG and Damian operate on the same team?
    Generation Lost; set in the future where Brother Eye and Lord won, and PG was the leader of what remained of the Justice League, what with Superman off fighting Green Lanterns or something. Damien was basically the same, only older and as Batman.

Quote Originally Posted by achilles View Post
    Generation Lost; set in the future where Brother Eye and Lord won, and PG was the leader of what remained of the Justice League, what with Superman off fighting Green Lanterns or something. Damien was basically the same, only older and as Batman.
    Oh god, that's right. I forgot most of that because it honestly didn't do a lot of favors to anyone. The revamp to Tora's origin was particularly awful.
    May we never forget:

Sounds like the Palmiotti/Conner run TPB Power Trip may be getting a reprint out of nowhere.

Considering how little DC's been using her, it may be possible we'll be seeing her show up again somewhere since they're reprinting her highest profile/most popular trade.

If nothing else, she showed up again in a crowd shot in Dark Crisis on Infinite Earths #3, so that's something.
    May we never forget:

Did I hear that the "League" and JSA are going to work together in Dark Crisis? Hopefully Karen gets some quality attention there, instead of just being in the background.

Y'know, I don't do fanfic but there's supposed to be a lot of sites out there for such things right? I've often wondered, when my personal favorites like Karen and Nightwing are being ignored and/or abused by DC....what if fans started making their own stories, and what if those stories actually gained some traction? It'd be hilarious as hell if some random free fanfic site started getting a ton of traffic because someone was using DC characters better than DC itself.

Some posters here have dropped concept ideas for guys like Cyborg and Karen that really blow me away, and they're far more interesting than anything DC has bothered to do. Doesn't seem impossible that those posters could steal a little of DC's thunder.

Obviously such a thing is so unlikely it might as well be impossible, but the thought still makes me laugh.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    Did I hear that the "League" and JSA are going to work together in Dark Crisis? Hopefully Karen gets some quality attention there, instead of just being in the background.

Y'know, I don't do fanfic but there's supposed to be a lot of sites out there for such things right? I've often wondered, when my personal favorites like Karen and Nightwing are being ignored and/or abused by DC....what if fans started making their own stories, and what if those stories actually gained some traction? It'd be hilarious as hell if some random free fanfic site started getting a ton of traffic because someone was using DC characters better than DC itself.

Some posters here have dropped concept ideas for guys like Cyborg and Karen that really blow me away, and they're far more interesting than anything DC has bothered to do. Doesn't seem impossible that those posters could steal a little of DC's thunder.

Obviously such a thing is so unlikely it might as well be impossible, but the thought still makes me laugh.
    Write your own fic. It's probably the only way you'll ever see it. Generally, fanfic revolves around self-insert love interests or queer shipping. If that's what you're looking for, great, but that's basically what you'll find.
    May we never forget:

Extraordinary Member superduperman's Avatar

"Gathered together from the farthest reaches of the universe! The greatest team of heroes ever assembled!"
    Assassinate Putin!

And that's presumably the Helena Wayne Huntress, so maybe Johns is planning to play up that friendship again.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    And that's presumably the Helena Wayne Huntress, so maybe Johns is planning to play up that friendship again.
    Kinda looks like Earth 2 got rebooted again. Or maybe a better word is “debooted” back to the classic Earth 2 take.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/