Page 34 of 53 FirstFirst ... 2430313233343536373844 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member OBrianTallent's Avatar

As much as I love Geoff Johns, this was just confusing. It seems to be an alternate universe with how the timeline was represented....as noted with Power Girl debuting in the 70's.

Quote Originally Posted by Robanker View Post
    It's loose. For major characters, stuff more or less works. B list and lower It's hit or miss.
    Some characters, like Scorch, seem to have been completely forgotten. Seriously, she was last seen in 2015 as a cameo in Superhero Girls.

Then you have people like Livewire who... have very different continuities, and knowing which is the current one makes a HUGE difference.... like one version of Livewire is part of a superhero team called "Supermen of America". THAT version of Livewire is very different than the other ones....

So in The New Golden Age... Power Girl is now Power Grandma?

Astonishing Member signalman112's Avatar

Carlos Pacheco Sketch.

PowerGirlCarlos.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by signalman112 View Post
    Carlos Pacheco Sketch.

PowerGirlCarlos.jpg
    JLE Peege! It brings joy to my heart to see it. Minus the bizarre pregnancy, this was for me the best the Character has been. Miss her a lot!

Quote Originally Posted by superduperman View Post
    Anyone else get the impression DC doesn't have a continuity anymore?
    Yeah. Jon Kent's backstory is incompatible with Young Justice's, as both Conner and Tim should be quite a bit older if Jon was born over a decade ago - both his and Conner's origins are supposed to be after Death of Superman. And that's just one example.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Extraordinary Member

If you could have a dream PG maxi series, what would it be? For me, it would be PG in the 50s in Vegas, based on the Darwyn Cooke sketches...and if it were possible, it would have been written by him, may he rest in peace. I just feel his Monroe-esque PG would work perfectly in that period.

Quote Originally Posted by achilles View Post
    If you could have a dream PG maxi series, what would it be? For me, it would be PG in the 50s in Vegas, based on the Darwyn Cooke sketches...and if it were possible, it would have been written by him, may he rest in peace. I just feel his Monroe-esque PG would work perfectly in that period.
    I would use it to flesh her out more. Give her more friends. Establish her role in the Superfamily (and finally allow her to have one!). Play with her survivor's guilt and impostor syndrome that Geoffs so clumsily introduced. Also I would give her Kal-L's S shield and have her mission statement to be both true to her individuality and serve as a means to make Kal and Lois proud.
    Last edited by seccruz; 11-18-2022 at 06:29 AM.
    For all your Rogue needs, give us a visit!
    https://www.facebook.com/BringBackBrawlinRogueSugah

I think I would leverage the Everything Happened thing and pay PAD to do a 12 issue maxi series testing the waters for his Supergirls book.

We would need a great artist and my vote goes to Mike Deodato Jr or his protege Ed Benes who I think was proposed to do it at that time.

The book would feature original Supergirl, Linda Danvers post Earth Angel arc Supergirl, and the JLE Atlantean descendant Power Girl. I would let PAD do his superhero thing and brace for awesomeness

Extraordinary Member

IIRC, Benes did draw her in that Kandor SG storyline. I liked his sci-fi cityscape of Kandor. That said, really the only way you could tell the difference between SG and PG, who were playing Flamebird and Nightwing respectively, was bust size. Their faces seemed a bit similar, though maybe it was just me. Wish they'd continued the story hinted at there, in which Saturn Queen and PG apparently fought a war throughout time for SG. PG seemed immune to SQ's powers, while SG....not so much. Never explained.

Why PG would have cared a lick about that version of SG, who was objectively a horrible person, I don't know, as she spent part of her time protecting random aliens FROM SG, and most of the rest persuading her to actually try and help people. That wasn't a good direction for SG, but it could with a bit of tweaking to make her less horrible, have made a nice epic story for PG.
    Last edited by achilles; 11-18-2022 at 07:37 AM.

I think that is a very valid criticism of Benes art. In fact, I think it applies to a number of artists that came around that time. Jim Lee too has that problem.

Nice little article about PG on CBR Nothing new or earth shattering, but a nice little spotlight on her.

https://www.cbr.com/action-comics-co...c-a-list-dawn/

Also Upcoming covers with Power Girl.
    First up is Action Comics 1052 by Clayton Hentry:

Screenshot_20221118-205315_Chrome.jpg

and from Lazarus Planet Omega:

Screenshot_20221118-205334_Chrome.jpg

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

They're also reprinting Power Trip. You can't say DC isn't pushing Power Girl, even if you don't like the direction. What a time to be alive.
    May we never forget:

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    Daddy Zeus can hit the bricks.
    Truer words never spoken.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by OBrianTallent View Post
    Also Upcoming covers with Power Girl.
    First up is Action Comics 1052 by Clayton Hentry:

Screenshot_20221118-205315_Chrome.jpg

and from Lazarus Planet Omega:

Screenshot_20221118-205334_Chrome.jpg
    Nice art, though the SG vs PG thing has been done to death, if that's what the first one represents. BTW, do we know how that stuff effects either SG or PG? Obviously it seems to do something to Omen, and SG's eyes are glowing, but PG is just scowling and pointing. Though the second one shows her doing the glowing eyes thing. They seem to do that do represent anger as well as the actual heat vision.