Page 4 of 53 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Forlorn View Post
    I think at this point the only way we’re getting her back cleanly is with a new origin completely separate from Supes and Fam. Take a page out of Galatea from DCAU and make Karen Starr the result of an lab experiment (maybe STAR labs because of the name connection?) and have her off doing her own thing.

But even that is probably wishful thinking.
    Super-Clones are definitely a thing.... so much so that in one comic run someone made two clones of PG.

Quote Originally Posted by achilles View Post
    Still, DC at least seems uncomfortable with it for some reason, To be sure there's a huge hook there, but they went and gave it to Mr. Terrific and others, so at this point it would be a day late and a dollar short if they put PG into something like that.
    You're not wrong. But I don't think anyone can really claim to be "king of the multiverse niche" despite lots of characters making an attempt. Wouldn't bother me if Karen threw her hat into the ring, even if Holt (among others) tried it first.

That's more my objection to this, rather than the act of having PG doing something like that in what amounts to an Elseworlds thing. While as you say, I can see PG doing business in a ruthless manner, I don't get this particular set-up. I don't know, hopefully it explains all that sufficiently as it goes along.
    Yeah it's weird. I figure, it's basically an Elseworlds so maybe Karen was never as rich or successful here as we're used to. She certainly shouldn't be reading self-help books from super villains she's personally punched in the nose, if this were "our" Karen. Or maybe she lost her business and money while trapped in that limbo dimension we never saw her escape from, and this is her trying to rebuild her finances (and maybe she lost her damn mind along with it, reading friggin Max Lord). Who knows? I'm not taking any of it too seriously, since Russell himself doesn't want anyone trying to connect this to main canon. My biggest gripe is that this book will probably be the first exposure to PG that a lot of people have, and it's not exactly a great first impression; she's screwing over a friend and co-worker with a family, she might not be the villain of the story but that right there makes her the bad guy.

Super-Clones are definitely a thing.... so much so that in one comic run someone made two clones of PG.
    Been years since I read the solo....did one person make two clones, or did two people each make a clone? I feel like it was the latter....but really, if you're cloning PG you should make at least two; never mix business and pleasure.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    Been years since I read the solo....did one person make two clones, or did two people each make a clone? I feel like it was the latter....but really, if you're cloning PG you should make at least two; never mix business and pleasure.
    It was Max Lord. I don't remember if it was explained WHY he made two. One was Divine... the other was left in a stasis pod.

Quote Originally Posted by marhawkman View Post
    It was Max Lord. I don't remember if it was explained WHY he made two.
    One for business, one for pleasure, man.

I mean, let's be real, if you're a half crazy telepathic villain and you're cloning Power Girl....
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    One for business, one for pleasure, man.

I mean, let's be real, if you're a half crazy telepathic villain and you're cloning Power Girl....
    Yeah, but Max apparently left the second one in a box. Dunno what he did with Divine other than telling her to beat up Powergirl.... but her outfit... kinda makes you wonder....

Yeah, but Max apparently left the second one in a box. Dunno what he did with Divine other than telling her to beat up Powergirl.... but her outfit... kinda makes you wonder....
    Well, Divine outfit was basically a reverse version of Powergirl outfit.
    "Never assign to malice what is adequately explained by stupidity or ignorance."

"Great stories will always return to their original forms"

"Nobody is more dangerous than he who imagines himself pure in heart; for his purity, by definition, is unassailable." James Baldwin

Quote Originally Posted by Thor-Ul View Post
    Well, Divine outfit was basically a reverse version of Powergirl outfit.
    Well, it's differently immodest, but more/less? I dunno.

Well, it's differently immodest, but more/less? I dunno.
    That's not her complete outfit. Karen damaged the mask and top when they first fought.

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    That's not her complete outfit. Karen damaged the mask and top when they first fought.
    You mean this?

"I'm a work in-progress" Apparently, this clone(Divine) isn't complete yet, and the armor/hood thing is to help the maturation or whatever finish faster.

Extraordinary Member

As for the clone thing, there was only Divine. The others weren't viable, (and there were many more than just that one other---they were all tests before Divine).

Quote Originally Posted by achilles View Post
    As for the clone thing, there was only Divine. The others weren't viable, (and there were many more than just that one other---they were all tests before Divine).
    I dunno, one of them... looked complete. Divine called the other PG clone a test run, sure, but... it's never said if it was a viable clone or not. The story sort of acts like they're all dead. But it's never really explained.

Extraordinary Member

I dunno, one of them... looked complete. Divine called the other PG clone a test run, sure, but... it's never said if it was a viable clone or not. The story sort of acts like they're all dead. But it's never really explained.
    Blame Winick. I do, even if he had nothing to do with it, which he did. Just on general principle though.

I liked this guy's reboot of Power Girl. It's towards the bottom of the article. If you wanna do a hard reboot of the character this is the best angle I found online.

https://comicsalliance.com/justice-l...gn-aaron-diaz/

My other option is just to make her Supergirl all grown up. She's the Nightwing of the Super family.
    Last edited by the illustrious mr. kenway; 02-02-2022 at 12:11 PM.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    I liked this guy's reboot of Power Girl. It's towards the bottom of the article. If you wanna do a hard reboot of the character this is the best angle I found online.

My other option is just to make her Supergirl all grown up. She's the Nightwing of the Super family.
    Interesting. I like his costume design, it fixes a couple of things that have long bothered me about the classic number. The first is that huge expanse of just white. It's unflattering and hard to draw well so that it pops in group superhero shots. And it adds legs, making less like a gymnast's suit. Also a blue cape is unusual in the DCU, also making her pop. However...while I like having thought experiments about altering her origin, that's much too radical for my taste. Also, it's almost exactly the origin given Galatea in JLU, who also essentially was Power Girl. The only difference is the details, but that's less a difference in this case than most. It does have some thing in common as well with Captain Atom and Marvel's Carol Danvers. I'd rather keep her Kryptonian, and an El or L, whichever. I'm not wedded to her being Zor-El's kid though, she can be from another branch of the family, either one we haven't heard from yet, or one from the past discovered in suspended animation, or just circling the drain around a black hole to provide a device to shoot her forward in time while keeping her younger than Superman, or just make her Superman's sister or whatever; I'm sure that would give her some brief press, and it might even suit DC better than having her Zor's kid with an essentially identical name to Supergirl.

PG's always been in the Nightwing position, but never actually used it. DC apparently has never seen what everyone else has.
    Last edited by achilles; 02-02-2022 at 12:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post

That origin got used already.

In one of the alt-Us that Us equivalent of Supergirl wasn't a true Kryptonian but a Human who'd been given a gene therapy with Kryptonian DNA.