Page 47 of 53 FirstFirst ... 37434445464748495051 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Stanlos View Post
    Yaaaaaaayyyyyyy! That is how I interpreted Sears' version as well! I loved the collar and Atlantean crest adornments. Bart also gave her such great hair and a signature facial structure although Randall would largely abandon that.

I think Randall rendered her with a nice athleticism and more natural upper body
    I don't think the Randall costume was ugly per say; but, like Nightwing's original Perez duds, it's a very "niche" look that could be switched out of in short order.

If Superman really needs representation at Power Girl's expense, I'd have the Golden Age "S" inscribed on her cape clasp or belt buckle. I'd really dig seeing Kara (re)forge a bond with Arion so that that symbol could be placed as well.

Last edited by bat22; 12-24-2022 at 03:15 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Ah, the DickxKaren pairing. A popular fan ship .
    Is there anyone Nightwing doesn’t get shipped with?
    Darkseid, maybe?

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    Darkseid, maybe?
    Next "event".

Quote Originally Posted by The Frog Bros View Post
    Lol, Marguerite posted it on Twitter. Which I guess means it'll be part of the upcoming AC backup story.
    Karen and Dick hanging out and it's happening in a Super book? I might swoon.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Quote Originally Posted by SuperX View Post
    Isn't that the truth lol.

The S shield jacket is their way to market the whole super family,maybe we will get more out of them becuaee they are more bland and the sameness.

The cape is way better,a million times better,but for this very short amount of time ,thst will be a blimp in time.

If they are going with Kara being a adult now and not a teen ,then Karen should look 10 years older,for a kryptonian.Kara is built like a supermodel,Karen is built like a playboy model,easy at that
    Save for Clark, everyone looks the same. I'm glad Power Girl is where she belongs but come one guys.

The gold and silver costume is my favorite of her looks. The boob window is used for jokes and pandering to straight men and is an embarrassment to the character. It never made sense to me that she'd wear it.

Will the Powergirl staring in Action Comics be the same one from the New Golden Age? I'm trying to figure out how they're going to handle things now that Dark Crisis is over.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by witchboy View Post
    The gold and silver costume is my favorite of her looks. The boob window is used for jokes and pandering to straight men and is an embarrassment to the character. It never made sense to me that she'd wear it.
    There's nothing wrong with appealing to red-blooded males. That's been bread and butter for the comic book industry, at least in its formative and best-selling years.

What's embarrassment to one is empowerment to another. In my view, it's more the former when you have artists or writers who are embarrassed or contemptuous of PG; and so they'd draw her with ridiculously sized breasts or write her as chagrined over her looks.

Quote Originally Posted by bat22 View Post
    There's nothing wrong with appealing to red-blooded males. That's been bread and butter for the comic book industry, at least in its formative and best-selling years.

What's embarrassment to one is empowerment to another. In my view, it's more the former when you have artists or writers who are embarrassed or contemptuous of PG; and so they'd draw her with ridiculously sized breasts or write her as chagrined over her looks.
    Yeah let the free market decide! And I'm a straight male and love me some boobs! No shame in my game.

Quote Originally Posted by Alphaxman View Post
    Will the Powergirl staring in Action Comics be the same one from the New Golden Age? I'm trying to figure out how they're going to handle things now that Dark Crisis is over.
    I don't see why not.

But remember, Power Girl in The New Golden Age was seen in something that happened back in 1976, and currently Geoff Johns has Per Degaton messing with time (again). Plus, Geoff Johns' writing for that character may be . . . different . . . than how other writers would handle her.

Why wouldn't she? She has no need for armor or protection and plenty of women enjoy low cut shirts, tank tops, etc. And not all of the women who walk around in tank tops are doing it because they want to be looked at. Most do it because they like to for their own sakes.

Some writers treat PG and her cleavage like a joke, but are we blaming characters for bad writers? Are we blaming Clark for being a bland idiot farmboy who can't accomplish anything without Bruce or Lois telling him to? That's how some writers treat him. Of course the answer is no, we blame bad writers for bad writing and recognize that the characters are simply victims of it. Same goes for Karen. Yeah, some writers are awful with her. Some are great. A few have even been able to take that boob window you so easily discard ( )and turn it into commentary on body positivity.
    Last edited by Ascended; 12-26-2022 at 05:20 PM.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Astonishing Member The Frog Bros's Avatar

Sultry holiday PG

20221226_160957.jpg
    “Look, you can’t put the Superman #77s with the #200s. They haven’t even discovered Red Kryptonite yet. And you can’t put the #98s with the #300s, Lori Lemaris hasn’t even been introduced.” — Sam
    “Where the hell are you from? Krypton?” — Edgar Frog

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    Why wouldn't she? She has no need for armor or protection and plenty of women enjoy low cut shirts, tank tops, etc. And not all of the women who walk around in tank tops are doing it because they want to be looked at. Most do it because they like to for their own sakes.

Some writers treat PG and her cleavage like a joke, but are we blaming characters for bad writers? Are we blaming Clark for being a bland idiot farmboy who can't accomplish anything without Bruce or Lois telling him to? That's how some writers treat him. Of course the answer is no, we blame bad writers for bad writing and recognize that the characters are simply victims of it. Same goes for Karen. Yeah, some writers are awful with her. Some are great. A few have even been able to take that boob window you so easily discard ( )and turn it into commentary on body positivity.
    I feel like I've read too many comics where Karen seems unhappy with the costume. I never feel like Black Canary resents her fishnets, or Wonder Woman disliked her own revealing costume. It's not a matter of prudery so much as what makes sense for the character.
    Using the term red blooded when what's meant is heterosexual is pretty gross. I'm gay, I promise I am still red blooded.
    Using sex to sell is a common enough practice but it is tiresome when it's only targeting one demographic, and even then it should at least be done well.

BANNED

I feel like I've read too many comics where Karen seems unhappy with the costume. I never feel like Black Canary resents her fishnets, or Wonder Woman disliked her own revealing costume. It's not a matter of prudery so much as what makes sense for the character.
    Using the term red blooded when what's meant is heterosexual is pretty gross. I'm gay, I promise I am still red blooded.
    Using sex to sell is a common enough practice but it is tiresome when it's only targeting one demographic, and even then it should at least be done well.
    I've always found it interesting how Power Girl gets flack for her costume when she's got more surface area covered than the esteemed Wonder Woman, and it makes little sense for her to be insecure of her costume when it is what she's worn - and returned to - for so long. Daredevil Yellow, this is not.

You may be a red-blooded male, but you're obviously not red-blooded for Power Girl; so where is the logic in redesigning her with a more conservative costume to satisfy your demographic at the cost of the greater one that already shows up for her? Ms. Marvel's transformation from Carol Danvers to Capt. "Carl Manvers" is a case where the sales of average stories were not aided by a far less sexy look.

Quote Originally Posted by bat22 View Post
    I've always found it interesting how Power Girl gets flack for her costume when she's got more surface area covered than the esteemed Wonder Woman, and it makes little sense for her to be insecure of her costume when it is what she's worn - and returned to - for so long. Daredevil Yellow, this is not.

You may be a red-blooded male, but you're obviously not red-blooded for Power Girl; so where is the logic in redesigning her with a more conservative costume to satisfy your demographic at the cost of the greater one that already shows up for her? Ms. Marvel's transformation from Carol Danvers to Capt. "Carl Manvers" is a case where the sales of average stories were not aided by a far less sexy look.
    I see a different costume as serving the character not "my demographic". My only investment in the issue is what I think best serves the character. I'm not offended by Zatanna, Wonder Woman, Black Canary etc having sexy looks that suit the characters. PG has expressed ambivalence over her costume in the past, so it's her issues with it I'm reacting to.
    The gold and silver costume, which i loved, was still I think sexy as well as a more attractive look for her. Only in comic books would a bright skin tight spandex costume be considered conservative.